Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Simon Clancy posting quotes from Carragher on twitter
    First and foremost, I must be honest and say Roy was let down by the attitude of some star players who’ve since left the club. But it is also fair to say not everyone in the squad bought into his philosophy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

amiable wrote: »
    Simon Clancy posting quotes from Carragher on twitter
    But it is also fair to say not everyone in the squad bought into his philosophy

hoof2.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Sigurdsson would be a great acquisition, really hope it comes off now at this stage. Any idea of the preferred formation? Would it be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

Diame is also a good addition to bulk up the center midfield options especially defensively should Lucas get injured again.

Hopefully Spearing, Cole, Aqualini, Maxi, and Adam get replaced in the summer. Adam Johnson wont be joining Liverpool from Man City but rumours are growing that Liverpool are interested in Edin Dzeko should Man City decide he's surplus to requirements.

I would like to see Liverpool add

Center Defender
    Left Full Back
    Defensive Center Mid - Diame
    Attacking Mid -Sigurdsson
    Wide Right Attackng Mid
    Striker

I dont think 2 new strikers will join but 1 would be likely and maybe only a right sided attacking mid as well.

6 new players in doesnt seem too excessive really for the 1st transfer window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

I'd rather two marquee signings than 6 of average quality to plug holes. A wide man is a must .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

slingerz wrote: »
    Sigurdsson would be a great acquisition, really hope it comes off now at this stage. Any idea of the preferred formation? Would it be 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3?

Diame is also a good addition to bulk up the center midfield options especially defensively should Lucas get injured again.

Hopefully Spearing, Cole, Aqualini, Maxi, and Adam get replaced in the summer. Adam Johnson wont be joining Liverpool from Man City but rumours are growing that Liverpool are interested in Edin Dzeko should Man City decide he's surplus to requirements.

I would like to see Liverpool add

Center Defender
    Left Full Back
    Defensive Center Mid - Diame
    Attacking Mid -Sigurdsson
    Wide Right Attackng Mid
    Striker

I dont think 2 new strikers will join but 1 would be likely and maybe only a right sided attacking mid as well.

6 new players in doesnt seem too excessive really for the 1st transfer window.

Thought he was going back to Germany?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Will Sczensy get the same moral outrage Suarez got after the world cup for celebrating the pen save?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

how bitter do you have to be to bring that up.

the situation is not the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Will Sczensy get the same moral outrage Suarez got after the world cup for celebrating the pen save?
    Des wrote: »

The Henry handball, the Suarez handball and the Sczezny foul are all in the same league, morally. In my view I'd probably have done exactly the same thing in the heat of the moment, so I wouldn't be too harsh on any of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Scezeynentyny (whatever:o) didn't intentionally foul him.

I think it's a farce that keepers can be sent off for denying a goalscoring opportunity. It's too important a position and it's too easy for keepers to give away red-card penalties. Unless the ref thinks there's intent it should only be a yellow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sappy404 wrote: »
    The Henry handball, the Suarez handball and the Sczezny foul are all in the same league, morally. In my view I'd probably have done exactly the same thing in the heat of the moment, so I wouldn't be too harsh on any of them.

Come on! If you're throiwng the Sczcney foul in there, you might as well throw every penalty award in as well!

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Less bitter than one would have to be to criticise Suarez in the first place?

Ikky Poo2 wrote: »
    Come on! If you're throiwng the Sczcney foul in there, you might as well throw every penalty award in as well!

If they're intentionally denying a goal-scoring opportunity, then yes. And
    personally I think Sczezny was.

I'm not saying they're all equal. I'm saying morally, they're in the same league.

Should they have done it, given the spirit of the game? No.

Would I have done it in the same circumstances? Yes.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Less bitter than one would have to be to criticise Suarez in the first place?

I didn't criticise him at the time, if Pighead is around he'll vouch for that by pulling up a quote. I said that anyone would have done the same.

It's wonderful how precious Pool fans are about a player who didn't even play for them at the time, indeed many had never heard of the guy until then, or of they had, if was related to the biting incident.

It is extremely bitter to bellyache about something that happened two years ago, involving a player who wasn't a Pool player at the time, and comparing it with that incident in the Poland Greece game.

Szcsesny didn't deliberately foul the Greek player. He didn't protest his red. He celebrated like anyone would when the penalty was saved.

Bringing up the Suarez incident at this time is baffling and precious, and typical of that poster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

I didn't criticise him at the time, if Pighead is around he'll vouch for that by pulling up a quote. I said that anyone would have done the same.
    Ok, I've crossmatched 'Des' and 'Suarez' in my 'Petty Pighead picks out people's previous posts' database and it's thrown out the following quote.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=66721282&postcount=458
    Suarez you absolute hero.

• Advertisement

BOOM!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,926 ✭✭✭Soarer

Anyone that criticises a player for celebrating the saving of a penalty they've just conceded doesn't understand the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

BOOM!!!

You is one bad muthafuker des!

BOOM!!!

LL didn't really accuse you of anything though. Think he was just defending his stance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Anybody know where I can get some official hillsborough wristbands online? The hillsborough shop doesn't have them listed. I'd be wary of buying from anywhere else

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

It's wonderful how precious some Pool fans are about a player who didn't even play for them at the time, indeed many had never heard of the guy until then, or of they had, if was related to the biting incident.

It is extremely bitter to bellyache about something that happened two years ago, involving a player who wasn't a Pool player at the time, and comparing it with that incident in the Poland Greece game.

Szcsesny didn't deliberately foul the Greek player. He didn't protest his red. He celebrated like anyone would when the penalty was saved.

Bringing up the Suarez incident at this time is baffling and precious, and typical of that poster.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

It's wonderful how precious Pool fans are about a player who didn't even play for them at the time, indeed many had never heard of the guy until then, or of they had, if was related to the biting incident.

But it has been something that has been dragged up all season by posters to show how bad a character Suarez is during another high profile incident during the past season.

So its ok for those to bring it up and not a Liverpool fan question weather or not some else will be ridiculed for celebrating a pen save when he denied a goal scoring chance?

And I think that was a big moment in that game as if the Greek player had got around him and scored then Poland were out of the comp as I cant see them beating both Russia and the Czech Republic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

It is extremely bitter to bellyache about somethYing that happened two years ago, involving a player who wasn't a Pool player at the time, and comparing it with that incident in the Poland Greece game.

That's a bit precious , no ?

It has been open season by opposing fans with regards to vids, pics and gifs of Suarez at things he has done in the past at other clubs etc.
    Posted during a time or reply to a post when the only motive was to somehow use them to strengthen a point.
    For instance a tackle he done at Ajax must prove he is racist, which in itself is mind boggling.
    So tonight is no different than what has been going on all season-yet you only make your point now ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Seems to be the Liverpool fans who brought it up today for some bizarre reason. Just let it go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

RasTa wrote: »
    Seems to be the Liverpool fans who brought it up today for some bizarre reason. Just let it go.

Your right and I will, cause I wasnt entering the debate on the original point which I found silly tbh, but I think it's funny how it's all of a sudden " bitter to bellyache" over past happens yet all season it was not ??

That's all .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

ft9 wrote: »
    Anybody know where I can get some official hillsborough wristbands online? The hillsborough shop doesn't have them listed. I'd be wary of buying from anywhere else

The HJC store has not had them for a while. They were a limited stock item that were brought out the season after we won the CL. They were red in colour and had NINETY SIX on them.

There was a new version that were white in colour with the message "96 Justice For all 96" in red. They were sold online on ebay and also in the Flat Iron pub on Walton Breck road with all proceeds going to the HJC. One of the lads on the site Shankly's legacy is who sells them. He goes by the name of kopstuff on ebay if you want to get in touch with him.

Pretty much anyone else you see selling them on ebay will be making profit for themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭seanwhite20

I got mine from the HFSG they are only £1.70. I think anything you can afford to give to Margaret is well worth giving.
    here ya go: http://www.hfsg.net/store.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

some may disagree, but considering the cause that website is supporting, they should really up some prices. Im gobsmacked that the prices are so humble.

Fantastic to see people attempting to raise funds without taking advantage.

Think it should be membership to this thread that we all at least have a pin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I am hungry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Cheers for bringing that up, makes us all look like a pack of aul ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

I got mine from the HFSG they are only £1.70. I think anything you can afford to give to Margaret is well worth giving.
    here ya go: http://www.hfsg.net/store.html
    Cheers man. I just bought a few there. Just wanted to be sure my money was going to the right place

L'Equipe reporting that Man City will sell Samir Nasri as he is not part of Mancini's plans for next season. If only Liverpool could afford him.

L'Equipe reporting that Man City will sell Samir Nasri as he is not part of Mancini's plans for next season. If only Liverpool could afford him.

Also reports that City are very close to having a fee agreed for Cavani.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

Having a billionaire owner would be so handy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

At least City's spending is starting to benefit other clubs - only so much that you can spend and only so many quality players that you can buy.

Arsenal get stupid money for a player that wanted to leave and then another team get a very good player for what I image will be less than market value.

slingerz wrote: »
    Having a billionaire owner would be so handy!

Being a multi billionaire would be handier. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭barone

fck me if true ...

At least City's spending is starting to benefit other clubs - only so much that you can spend and only so many quality players that you can buy.

Arsenal get stupid money for a player that wanted to leave and then another team get a very good player for what I image will be less than market value.

Matching wages for any player coming from City would be an issue for most clubs I'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Cavani? Shesh! Dzeko is leaving then! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

What is the story with the Fifa financial deally? It really is ridiculous that Man city are paying more on wages than their overall turnover....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Matching wages for any player coming from City would be an issue for most clubs I'd imagine.

they'll end up still paying the majority of the wages of these players. They'll have to in order to get rid of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

Barton being disrespectful as per usual. If I was Henderson I would break his legs the next time I came across him on the pitch.

Joseph Barton
    @Joey7Barton

'If Henderson got in, any englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, i wish i was there but im not...'

'Everyones thinking it ill say it. Liverpool have horrific season and have 6 players in our euro squad. What chance do we have. Pick on form'

I'd gladly take Dzeko if he was available

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

I'd gladly take Dzeko if he was available
    Alot of clubs would I imagine, thats the problem. He's very good.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

djPSB wrote: »
    Barton being disrespectful as per usual. If I was Henderson I would break his legs the next time I came across him on the pitch.

Nah I'd just tap the ball around him and whisper **** in his ear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Joseph Barton
    @Joey7Barton

'If Henderson got in, any englishman not currently in the squad has to feel aggrieved. Yes, i wish i was there but im not...'

'Everyones thinking it ill say it. Liverpool have horrific season and have 6 players in our euro squad. What chance do we have. Pick on form'

I dont like Barton....but being honest, what has Henderson done to deserve a call up, or Downing for that matter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Joseph Barton
    @Joey7Barton

He's dead right though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

NukaCola wrote: »
    I dont like Barton....but being honest, what has Henderson done to deserve a call up, or Downing for that matter

That's irrelevant.

It's disrespectful.

He didn't have to single out Henderson.

Joseph Barton
    @Joey7Barton

He would have to be able to at least attempt a solid tackle to manage that. Methinks Barton's legs are pretty safe unless QPR draw City in one the the cups and Barton ends up trying to take the ball around Kompany:D

Barton has a point with what he is saying, but it is just the guy trying to get more of the attention he craves. Henderson did nothing of note last season to warrant an international call up imho, but Barton did just as little and has his end of season antics (both off and on the pitch) to show what a liabilty he potentially would be in the England squad.

Yakult wrote: »
    Alot of clubs would I imagine, thats the problem. He's very good.

If you're not in you can't win

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement