Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Welfare Benifits

Options
  • 21-05-2012 9:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

hi,
    I was made redundant three years ago I'm 57 years old. i went back to uni for one year then Social welfare cut my BTEA, they stated that I was paid in error as I had DIPLOMA (received in 2000). I then asked about funding my own college fees I got no reply but could only afford senior college not University. I was 5 months into the course when Social welfare wrote to me and said that I was in full time eduction (but the course was only 17.5 hours a week mornings) but was down as a full-time course. The stated that I would loose a years pension credits. I have since wrote to them but no replies I have left the course as I cant afford to loss my pension it will be the only thing I will have. I assumed that I was doing the right thing trying to get more skills but it seems the system it not allowing me to do that. Can anyone give me any advise on my predicament.

Comments

Advertisement