Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Change Batteries without Alarm sounding?

Options
  • 21-05-2012 9:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭

Hi altor/Koolkid,

I need to change batteries on a couple of wireless devices associated with a HKC Securewave (a Wireless RF contact sensor & a Wireless RF PIR). I know I need CR123A batteries.

Basically, if possible I want to do this without the alarm sounding, not that it's a huge issue really.

I have the engineer code if that makes any difference.

Should I just go ahead & replace them & if alarm sounds just deactivate it with code or should I turn alarm on & omit zones or tampers. If I need to omit tamper how do I find out which tamper number? Or what's the best way to go about it?

I'm probably over complicating this entire thing!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also, for a different system HKC Securewatch 6/10 is it a 12 volt 7 amp lithium battery I need for the panel?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

jeckle wrote: »
    Hi altor/Koolkid,

I need to change batteries on a couple of wireless devices associated with a HKC Securewave (a Wireless RF contact sensor & a Wireless RF PIR). I know I need CR123A batteries.

Basically, if possible I want to do this without the alarm sounding, not that it's a huge issue really.

I have the engineer code if that makes any difference.

Should I just go ahead & replace them & if alarm sounds just deactivate it with code or should I turn alarm on & omit zones or tampers. If I need to omit tamper how do I find out which tamper number? Or what's the best way to go about it?

I'm probably over complicating this entire thing!

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Also, for a different system HKC Securewatch 6/10 is it a 12 volt 7 amp lithium battery I need for the panel?

Hi jeckle,

If you enter the engineer code, then the user code it will bring you into engineering.
    This will allow you do any maintenance without the alarm activating.

That's is correct re the Securewatch back up battery.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭jeckle

altor wrote: »
    Hi jeckle,

If you enter the engineer code, then the user code it will bring you into engineering.
    This will allow you do any maintenance without the alarm activating.

That's is correct re the Securewatch back up battery.
    Thanks altor, I appreciate your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

jeckle wrote: »
    Thanks altor, I appreciate your help.

Your welcome jeckle, any other questions let us know.

Advertisement