Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Chance Fees

Options
  • 21-05-2012 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭

Hi there

Am applying next year as a second chance mature student and need to ask a quick query in regards the free fees for the second time and my previous study.

I started a degree in 2005 and stopped in 2007, I know I am able to apply for the free fees because of the 5 year break. I do know as well that when applying for the free fees I need proof that I studied at the previous college and need a letter etc.

I rang the college today and asked if they could send me out a letter stating that I attended the college in 2005 and studied until at such date (aka 2007).

Is this ok? Do I need any other particulars stated on the letter for when I am handing this in to the next college for the free fee's? I guess I can wait until I get the letter to see whats written but if anyone knows what I need written on it would be great to let me know.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Hi Michael,

That letter should be fine. As long as it shows exactly when the original college took you off their books and as long as you didn't receive any qualifications for the time you spent there you should be ok for free fees under the 5 year rule.

:)

EDIT: you must just make sure you have a full clear five years between the exact date you left and the start date of the new course.

Advertisement