Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anyone ever nasty to you for being Irish

1101112131416»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Glitter_star94

Love how openly offensive Irish people often are to the English about being English and then there is a thread like this.
    My parents are Irish and I was born in Ireland but moved to England when I was 3. Often when we go to Ireland in the summer, I get quite a few 'jokey' comments about being English as its the worst thing ever! I know Ireland and England have had many many problems in the past, but do people not like Germans because of nazi's and hitler?? No.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 SavageHenry

When I was twelve I got spat on by a soldier in an open top land rover as it passed my house. He then shouted your mother is a whore! Shocked me at the time but looking back now it was a kind of surreal thing to happen, that was Belfast though.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,441 ✭✭✭old hippy

My SA friends (one black, one mixed race) tonight said we're "too friendly" :D

Dammit, that's them off my xmas list ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 547 ✭✭✭shayno90

In a pub in London a few years ago, an English guy asked if he could take one of the stools, I said it was stuck to the floor (it was fixed to the floor) and of course he thought I was being smart with him and combined with the accent said "you Irish are smart fockers". I laughed it off as he was too stupid to check that the stool was actually fixed to the floor :)

Our history of drinking preceeds as abroad, every nationality I have met mentions it, one from Austria actually thought the entire nation at lunch time goes to the pub and drinks all day, probably some truth in it but I corrected her in any case :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,674 ✭✭✭Faith+1

Enkidu wrote: »
    As I learned in Canada, a lot of people don't even know what Ireland is, let alone have prejudices towards it.

They're called f*cking idiots! Now if they didn't know where Russia was I'd understand, all tucked away up there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement