Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC have BB coverage in Sandyford Village

• 21-05-2012 10:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭

Maybe moving to Sandyford Village in the next few months and wondering if UPC have BB coverage here? Anyone can confirm?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 507 ✭✭✭mark17j

ADSLUSER wrote: »
    Maybe moving to Sandyford Village in the next few months and wondering if UPC have BB coverage here? Anyone can confirm?
    I have relatives in Sandyford and UPC wasn't available to them, They switched to Magnet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭ADSLUSER

I contacted UPC today and apparently they do offer a BB service to some parts of Sandyford Village but only 25MB speed max. Phone and TV is also not an available option at this time until some due upgrades are completed but no eta.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,837 ✭✭✭zg3409

Magnet have good broadband (fibre to the cabinet) & fibre to the home in some parts of Sandyford

https://www.magnet.ie/fibre/

There is a map on that link showing coverage. Purple is fibre to the home, green fibre to the cabinet. I am not sure if it has been installed or will be installed.

UPC now have TV and BB coverage in the village but only 25MB max. Still no phone though.

zg3409 wrote: »
    Magnet have good broadband (fibre to the cabinet) & fibre to the home in some parts of Sandyford

https://www.magnet.ie/fibre/

There is a map on that link showing coverage. Purple is fibre to the home, green fibre to the cabinet. I am not sure if it has been installed or will be installed.

Yes, checked Magnet but they don't do Fibre BB in the estate I live in, only ADSL. However ,they do offer phone and BB is 24MB download speed.

• Advertisement

Yes, checked Magnet but they don't do Fibre BB in the estate I live in, only ADSL. However ,they do offer phone and BB is 24MB download speed.

Just be aware of ADSL and your distance from the exchange greatly affects speed. At 300M speed drops to 20Mb and so on until it's very slow. However the speed is uncontended so at least it should not slow in the evenings. In general even 25Mb UPC is very good value and good enough to stream live TV.

Just be aware of ADSL and your distance from the exchange greatly affects speed. At 300M speed drops to 20Mb and so on until it's very slow. However the speed is uncontended so at least it should not slow in the evenings. In general even 25Mb UPC is very good value and good enough to stream live TV.

I had UPC where I last lived and couldn't fault their service. However they don't do phone yet in the estate but I need a landline for Sky TV :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭D'Peoples Voice

However they don't do phone yet in the estate but I need a landline for Sky TV :(
    When I got Sky TV in last November, I was asked if I had a phoneline, to which I replied No,
    so they charged me a once-off fee of €30 or €35 can't remember,
    but that was it.
    Everytime I boot up sky because maybe I might have unplugged for whatever reason, it looks for a phoneline, so i just press "Back-up" on remote control and the message goes away. :)

When I got Sky TV in last November, I was asked if I had a phoneline, to which I replied No,
    so they charged me a once-off fee of €30 or €35 can't remember,
    but that was it.
    Everytime I boot up sky because maybe I might have unplugged for whatever reason, it looks for a phoneline, so i just press "Back-up" on remote control and the message goes away. :)

Thx, good to know

You only need a phone line for multiroom. Instead of multiroom you can use a Sky eye to control the main box remotely, or use a non subscribed Sky box in other rooms or a mixture of two.

• Advertisement

You only need a phone line for multiroom. Instead of multiroom you can use a Sky eye to control the main box remotely, or use a non subscribed Sky box in other rooms or a mixture of two.

Thanks for the info. I also confirmed with SKY and said it is fine if you do not opt for multi-room, however there is an additional once-off charge of €35 for standalone installation without a phone line. :(

Advertisement