Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Helicopter - Dublin Rd Drog area - early this morning??

Options
  • 21-05-2012 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭

Was woken by the sound of a helicopter at 5.20am this morning, hovering over the estate. Seemed to stay around for ages, moving slowly away and then back again (searching for someone?)

All I could hear was the theme music to "Road Wars" in my head!!!

Anyone hear what it might have been about? It better not have been Iarnrod Eireann checking their rail-line!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,359 ✭✭✭positron

I heard it too, and I was wondering if someone in the estate has gone bored of driving on M1 and has started flying a chopper to work. Not as noisy as neighbors Harley though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

There was a couple of ram raid incidents in the town early this morning. On in Wheaton Hall and the other on the Rathmullen Road. Presume it was a Garda helicopter for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Thanks mark, that type of incident would explain the helicopter all right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 372 ✭✭GoodisonPark

Pharmacy in Wheaton Hall was ram-raided.
    Air-support unit was called to assist in locating the raiders.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

I hope they caught them - thanks for the info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 PollyLouM

Yes, it woke me up as well at 5.20. Got up to look & knew it wasn't coastguard. Copter left at 5.35. Makes a change to my usual 'alarm call' on Monday in Wheaton Hall, ie, the bin lorries. Hate those Monday morning pre 6 am bin collections!

Advertisement