Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Late Show 50 Year Celebration Spectacular

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

Tubs will get shown up for the clown he is tonight.

In all fairness JONJO he's pretty good at that most Friday's....;)

Would love a good show though...:D

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Jimmyboss

Just imagine Tubs doing a ''Peter Finch'' tonight..................:eek::eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

jimmynokia wrote: »
    AuUpdAnCMAAZ8Ft.jpg:large

Bravo, Jimmy! Post No. 3000 too!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,708 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

You'll get to see how slick Gay Byrne still is tonight compared to Plastic Pat and DLB

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Jimmy's 3000th post was something about Tubridy.. Who would have guessed.. :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Shea O'Meara

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    ...... that still gets enormous audiences :D (heard a figure during the week but wasn't paying attention, so can't quote you stats unfortunately)

Graham Norton has Jon Hamm AND Charlize Theron on tonight - talk about a good-looking guest list! I think I know where I'll be migrating.... if I'm still awake by then.

ETA - found this by a little bit of googling (sorry, still don't know how to embed) http://www.rte.ie/ten/2011/0107/latelate2.html

But let me add, no-one - but no-one - would be gladder than me to see some RTE bod pop up tonight and say "y'know what, after 50 fantastic years, we've decided to quit while we're ahead". What's the chances??? :D:D

Not sure how far the aul' Matrix has gotten in various parts of the country but I would suggest a lot of the audience have little else to view, also people will watch a homegrown entertainment based, current affairs program, which the LLS still pretends to be even though those days began to fade into memory during Pat's tenure. Tubs is twit trying to be David Lettrman but with no skills to back it.
    As for going to the BBC, he couldn't hold a show he didn't inherit.

Tubs is twit trying to be David Lettrman but with no skills to back it.

He uses the same mannerisms right down to playing pocket billiards just like Jay Leno, when he comes out first

God, wouldnt it be funny if this whole "50th" thing was an elaborate hoax just to get Tubridy to show up in studio, and they brought on Bill Cullen to fire him... That would be some end to the series..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Ally Dick wrote: »
    You'll get to see how slick Gay Byrne still is tonight compared to Plastic Pat and DLB

Can I ask... and I'm sure this has been answered before... but what does DLB stand for? :confused:

Can't wait for Gay to show Tubs how it's done though. Every time Gay has been on as a guest he's totally schooled the current presenter in how to present a show! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Jimmy's 3000th post was something about Tubridy.. Who would have guessed.. :pac::pac:

Isn't he just another of your puppet accounts? so not that much of a surprise really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Noffles

Worst chat show ever.....

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    Can I ask... and I'm sure this has been answered before... but what does DLB stand for? :confused:

Can't wait for Gay to show Tubs how it's done though. Every time Gay has been on as a guest he's totally schooled the current presenter in how to present a show! :)

DLB = Dainty Little Bugger. It's what Rhys Ifans called him when he came on drunk with Howard Marks

Noffles wrote: »
    Worst chat show ever.....

Used to be great when the audience were allowed stick up their hand and ask questions. Used to get some witty or crazy people coming out of the woodwork. Plastic Pat abandoned the practice

• Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Hiya; How it is going.

Does anyone know will the set change it's look at all tonight. All I have seen is Tubridy behind a special fiftieth logo in addition to the LLS logo.

I see the horrendous Sinead O'Connor is on tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

Used to be great when the audience were allowed stick up their hand and ask questions. Used to get some witty or crazy people coming out of the woodwork. Plastic Pat abandoned the practice
    Bill Murray being asked a question by a "wacky" member of the audience.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 12,333 ✭✭✭✭JONJO THE MISER

Shane Mcgowan is on:cool:

Jason Byrne is about as funny as a burning orphanage. I saw Bill Murray live once, with his brothers. Absolutely dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

Oh jesus...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,873 ✭✭✭Skid

Could you imagine if Boards had existed in 1962 - what would the LLS thread have been like?

Anyone watching this new show on Telifís Eireann? Far too late for my liking. How are people expected to watch this and still be up in time tomorrow for early mass? It will never catch on.

• Advertisement

How that man is still alive, I'll never know. Is DLB going to be using Shane as the subject of his usual downbeat section....

• Registered Users Posts: 72,659 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Why does Tubridy always look like a young lad on his way back home from his debs... He looks absolutely shattered again..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Aoife9

Hello Boardsies! how's the form this beautiful Friday evening? looking forward to the show tonight and of course this forum! :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Why does Tubridy always look like a young lad on his way back home from his debs... He looks absolutely shattered again..

Is Aoibheann wearing him out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭SoulRock

Double A side from '66/'67

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Good Evening All :)

I’m very excited about the 50th Anniversary Special, lets hope that the show and this thread are good craic tonight.

For the night that is in it I’ve splashed out on a bottle of Lidl Champagne, it is very reasonably priced and it tastes way better than most of the big brands. I highly recommend it!!!

So what are ye all drinking tonight?

I hope they let Shane speak. I love his spitty laugh that sounds like a whoppee cushion being sat on

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

I see the horrendous Sinead O'Connor is on tonight

Jaysus, that's all we need. Gaybo drooling over Father/Bishop Sinead. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Skid wrote: »
    Could you imagine if Boards had existed in 1962 - what would the LLS thread have been like?

or what about 1999, Skid
    originally posted by T_Gilmartin

That B*STARD.. I'll Show HIM :mad::mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement