Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland

Options
  • 21-05-2012 11:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Jes everyone seems mad to head t Canada here.. I have one Iceland has anyone ever worked there... Serioulsy thinking about it, havent done any research it just has a good vibe about it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Well people go where the jobs are and Canada largely escaped the economic collapse of the us and europe.

And considering Iceland is one of the few countries whose economy imploded even worse than Irelands is it economically stable enough to be welcoming job seekers from ireland?

That would be my only worry, but I do believe I've read their economy is recovering well. It could be just spin though.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Milly33 wrote: »
    Jes everyone seems mad to head t Canada here.. I have one Iceland has anyone ever worked there... Serioulsy thinking about it, havent done any research it just has a good vibe about it

Very very expensive. Love the way they harness the free naturally heated water to cook and warm the streets. There's never any frost or ice on their roads or pavements.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭karlth

If you are thinking about moving to Iceland what you should first and foremost remember is that the population is very small. We are 350.000 with the vast majority living in the capital area of Reykjavik. It isn't particularly difficult to get a job but don't expect the jobs on offer to be as varied as in for example Toronto or Dublin.

The advantages of living in Iceland have mostly to do with the nature - there is a lot of it! People are friendly, the food is good, the air is fresh and the swimming pools are great. On the other hand the weather can be horrible, the beer is fairly expensive and we live way, way up in the north. It takes around 3 hours to fly to London and 5 hours to fly to Boston.

Advertisement