Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Website Help

Options
  • 21-05-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭

Hi guys

I have just created a new website and I want to promote my online business (just testing the water a bit to see how much business I could get)

The website is done and I'm ready to start, but I have no idea how to begin marketing it and get word out there

Any ideas to help me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Chet Zar

bob2oo7 wrote: »
    Hi guys

I have just created a new website and I want to promote my online business (just testing the water a bit to see how much business I could get)

The website is done and I'm ready to start, but I have no idea how to begin marketing it and get word out there

Any ideas to help me?

Hi OP,

There are a number of options open to you -

-Google AdWords
    -SEO (search engine optimisation)
    -Social media marketing
    -Facebook ads, LinkedIn ads
    -Display and banner ads
    -Email marketing
    -Mobile marketing

It largely depends on your area of business and the competition too, if you can give more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 rtunes

Good response above! Have you created relevant keywords and good content on the site OP? This is the basic before you start a campaign.

You can get some free tools which check out how your content will measure up here - http://www.internetmarketingninjas.com/tools/

The level of content you need depends on your business. If you are an SEO expert with a target audience of the world you will have serious competition in comparison to a bicycle shop in Leitrim looking to target local people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

What's the site URL?

• Registered Users Posts: 378 ✭✭bob2oo7

tricky D wrote: »
    What's the site URL?

Hi there

www.zunasupport.com

Very quickly OP - the footer content should be links - any reason why the aren't?. Typo here - Recieve Quote by Email and in the Paypal content you have "Zuna Supoprt Buy Now"

• Advertisement

Hi

The reason the footer is not links is that I didnt want to do out more html page, I was happy just to use that to give the type of things I can help with

bob2oo7 wrote: »
    Hi

The reason the footer is not links is that I didnt want to do out more html page, I was happy just to use that to give the type of things I can help with

Not what the user would expect as they look like footer links that don't work. There is debate about whether footer links actually help with SEO but IMHO anything that helps a user navigate a site easily is a big plus.

Thanks, I will crate one HTML page that will list all of my services and link to that

Appreciate the advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

You need to work on your credibility and trust.

There's:
    50% up front
    no postal address
    a hidden whois via Australia
    no business information
    poor spelling
    no feedback from previous customers
    no privacy policy and terms and conditions
    combined with granting remote access

These factors would have me advise anyone to run a mile.

tricky D wrote: »
    You need to work on your credibility and trust.

There's:
    50% up front
    no postal address
    a hidden whois via Australia
    no business information
    poor spelling
    no feedback from previous customers
    no privacy policy and terms and conditions
    combined with granting remote access

These factors would have me advise anyone to run a mile.

Thanks ticky

Ill be sure to proof read it, also I think I will register myself as a company therefore adding a VAT Number, Company address, etc to help with people trust

I will add a privacy policy as well

Really appreciate the advice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

No contact details beyond a web form.. not even an email address..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭Moon54

Nice looking site, but lack of contact details is definitely a no-no.
    Contact page should have multiple ways to reach you like email, skype, phone etc.

I understand it's WIP but a few things I noticed;
    • On page SEO is lacking so you'll get no Google love, change your title tags on each page
    • Facebook, twitter don't work.
    • I'm not a fan of stock images on the about page, a quality personal image would be more effective.
    • Favicon doesn't work in Firefox, try
    <link rel="shortcut icon"
    href="http://www.mysite.com/images/favicon.ico" type="image/x-icon">

• A more comprehensive services page with sub pages would be better

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34 solutionsolver

It looks bad on a mobile and most people look at websites on phones around the country due to our bad internet service. Mobilise it and then promote it by texting to your customers and if you haven't got a mobile database create one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

your Nivoslider is broken on my browser

• Registered Users Posts: 26 vikashmundaa

The best thing you can do is to learn seo there are many blogs where you learn basics of seo like seomoz, search engine journal and many others there are paid method of promoting too like adwords if you have cash to spend go with adwords.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Janew

Internet marketing for a new business can be a tricky thing to get worked out. From experience I have found that Social Media Marketing can be one of the best ways of getting out there. Create a Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin account with all your info and website links.

Email and phone marketing can also be quite effective but don't seem to penetrate as much at an early stage as the social media.

There are various other routes you could take but if you are just starting off I find that these are the best options for promoting your business at an early stage.

Hope this helped :D

Advertisement