Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Interesting Dublin Bus destinations!

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

been a while since I was on a bus but the 44b use to pass the blue light pub up in sandyford..well worth a visit.Get off before the tourist hellhole that is johnnie foxs:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

The 40 is an *ahem* experience. As is the 56a, for the sole reason that it's almost always near-empty. The 150 is fun just because of the tiny little streets it attempts to go down, and the 77a goes halfway round the world and back (like a little sister of the scummier 40). I've always been curious about the 27a too - "Blunden Drive" sounds amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Degsy wrote: »
    They need inspectors on that bus..its a disgrace.

If by inspector you mean Inspector Gadget, then yes, yes they do

• Registered Users Posts: 24,510 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

145 to Kilmacanogue and there's a nice walk to Bray or Greystones over the little Sugar Loaf.

145/ Dart to Bray station and walk over the hill to Greystones and get 84/Dart back, great walk (in either direction, a sneaky pint in the Beach House doesn't go amiss either ;))

Any bus to Shankill (145/45a/45/84) and you can walk up over the leadmines and get the 44 home, or alternatively even walk back down to Cabinteely and get the 145 back again. Really nice walk on a fine day.

185 to Shop River gives you a huge number of fantastic hikes that with a bit of planning can be circular or meet back on the 44 route.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

Einhard wrote: »
    31 to Howth it is tomorrow.

Make sure it's the 31B, that's the route with the view!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

I've always been curious about the 27a too - "Blunden Drive" sounds amusing.

Its an estate near darndale..not amusing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,142 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Why not get the 13 to Ballymun we wont rob you,I swear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Degsy wrote: »
    Its an estate near darndale..not amusing at all.

ayrfield is the estate, blunden drive is only a road through it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

lxflyer wrote: »
    The 67 to Maynooth via Celbridge, returning on a 66 is worth a trip.

I have to ask why these are worth the trip? Neither Chapelizod, Palmerstown, Liffey Valley, Lucan, Leixlip, Maynooth or Celbridge or the bits of the n4 in between are scenic, quaint or particularly interesting. I might be biased as these are routes I've taken thousands of times but I don't see they are of note generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭KD345

I have to ask why these are worth the trip? Neither Chapelizod, Palmerstown, Liffey Valley, Lucan, Leixlip, Maynooth or Celbridge or the bits of the n4 in between are scenic, quaint or particularly interesting. I might be biased as these are routes I've taken thousands of times but I don't see they are of note generally.

On a sunny day the drive up Chapelizod Road is one of the nicest in the city, you have the Phoenix Park on one side and the Liffey on the other. The 67 has a nice routing past Weston and through Celbridge. I suppose if you take this journey every day it might become a bit monotonous.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭ordinary_girl

Is it weird that this is something I've thought about doing too? I'll probably never get around to doing but I'm around buses so often that I get curious about the terminals. I remember being really curious about Wadelai Park because it's a strange name, but it turns out there's pretty much nothing to see there.

It's already been mentioned a few times, but I figure it's worth mentioning again - the 44b to Glencullen. Probably the most rural but interesting route in the entire Dublin Bus network.

The 75 to Dun Laoghaire is an interesting route, in that it's one of the few bus routes that doesn't go to town and goes through a variety of different places - Dundrum, Stillorgan, Rathfarnham and Tallaght.

The 114 to Blackrock Station, mainly because it's such an infrequent and seemingly pointless route. It's rare to see it around so you'd be one of the few people who've been on that bus, and Blackrock is a delight.

On the off chance you see the 27 and see Jobstown and wonder what it's like, it's not worth going to. The terminus is basically in the middle of a housing estate with a medical clinic and a shop similar to a Centra. Just thought I'd let you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,745 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

I'd disagree. It's a nice run alongside the Phoenix Park, and from Leixlip along the canal to Maynooth. Lucan, Leixlip, Maynooth and Celbridge are all nice villages/towns, and the 67 is a nice run back through the countryside.

Advertisement