Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xtreme Beat My Car Show

Options
  • 21-05-2012 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭

Anyone else go to this show at Terryland Park on Sunday? I want to find out who the organizers are and get the Garda after them for false advertising (Guinness World Record attempt, Big Foot appearance).

I heard it's common for scams like this to occur before a bigger show. Call me a sucker this time.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Contact whoever runs Terryland park and ask them who they rented the place to.

The Garda won't give a ****e about false advertising, it's none of their business.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Never heard of it before and I don't see any mentions on boards for this show.
    Can you explain what happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I saw a lot of signs on poles for this event, take a look around town and see if you can find one, there might be contact numbers on them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

Best download the evidence while you can :D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

Here's a poster. VERY similar to the ones going up for the show next Saturday in the Claddagh.

NO cars like the ones on the poster, no quad, not even a single hot model girl!

90u04g.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Looking at Sponge_Bob's video
    **** me, I hope I never go to a show like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭Amik

@biko

The drivers AND cars were awful. Surprised no one got seriously hurt as cars hit the barriers several times.

@Seaneh

Great idea about contacting Terryland Park. Will do that later today. They were advertising another show in the county for next week.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

You'd best ring Joe Duffy op, those rubber trees should not be made bleed for such an event. Wonder what kind of insurance those guys have?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Never understood how anyone could find that kind of 'show' enjoyable, i suppose north county Galway folk have little else for doing though than soupin' up cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

I love the bit on their poster that says
    "Attempting to break the world record for the most cars on show"

They could show up with 1 car and just say that their attempt failed.

Was their "Smallest Bigfoot in the World" a little dinky or matchbox toy?

Somone should also tell them that Terryland park is called Eamon Deacy Park, not 'Eamonn Deasy Park' :rolleyes:

and 'open to the public form 1 - 5' :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

In fairness to them though, they did spell 35€ right!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 timmy00

they showed some skill and they are sooo cool, ha,ha,ha snigger

Stupid thing to do in a residential area. The skanger me banger merchants should go build a skid pan in a forest somewhere. Feck all skill once the slip diffs are fitted and that moron lost his bumper in the vid. :)

Ok and instead of that muppetry in the above vid watch this for "skill" , starts at 2 mins and 30 secs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Lads, before you knock this "car show", know that it probably drew more people to Terryland than Salthill Devon "Galway". :rolleyes:

A number of other things wrong with the poster apart from what was pointed out. The monster truck at the top appears to be a picture of an RC replica.

The venue was not "Galway FA" and "open to the public form 1 to 5."

• Registered Users Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭Storm 10

I see that its on again this weekend this time at the Claddagh, they are advertising that it should not be onfused with other shows yet the posters are all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,479 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Same with circus(es). There must be one company who design the posters for all those entertainment groups.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭civis_liberalis

Same with circus(es). There must be one company who design the posters for all those entertainment groups.
    It's a guy with a photoshop template and no idea what a spell-checker is.

Advertisement