Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is going on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭jmcc

-Kenny- wrote: »
    I'm Sorry but i find that comment very offensive.
    Well guess what kid - the world does not rotate about you. Some poor guy is dead and all you seem to be worried about is that someone has offended you?

Regards...jmcc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,097 ✭✭✭shadowcomplex

I think the time has come for

batman89.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,503 ✭✭✭thomasm

nice_very wrote: »
    from the journal.ie

Man’s body found in Waterford city

GARDAÍ ARE INVESTIGATING the circumstances surrounding the death of a man whose body was discovered in Waterford city this evening.
    The man’s remains were found at a disused building on New Street at around 6pm. He was aged in his 20s.
    The scene has been sealed off pending a full forensic examination and the State Pathologist has been notified.
    Gardaí are appealing to anyone with any information regarding the incident to contact Waterford Garda Station on 051 305300, the Garda Confidential Line on 1800 666 111, or any garda station.

According to RTE he had head injuries and it's suspicious.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Topic Merged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Hoffmans

those houses on new street have turned into some crack den ,should been boarded up months ago....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 375 ✭✭kart

Got robbed outside the chipper in ferrybank about 2 months ago now sick of this place, what's the legal standing on pepper spray ?, tempted to get a stun gun even..

Not legal to carry either. Pepperspray treated as harsh as if u'd be walking around with a firearm. Crazy stuff...

Has the poor lad been named yet? If they dont name the person, its so much harder to get any info from people who might know what he was doing there, who he was meeting, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Premier

Hoffmans wrote: »
    those houses on new street have turned into some crack den ,should been boarded up months ago....

houses in new street a crack den? jasus your unbelievable on this forum sometimes.

he wasn't found in any house on new street and their not crack dens, I know people living their all their lives, Nice people indeed and i was brought up in that area. So mind your manners.

He was a cousin of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

hardybuck wrote: »
    I was actually up in Tesco buying the paper earlier last week when I saw the headline on the front.

Beside me were two female Gardai standing flicking through every magazine on the shelf. I should have showed them the article and asked them what they were doing to address the issue.

Aw you should have yeah, that would have been epic...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Do NOT under ANY circumstances post details (names, pictures etc) of somebody unless the media has confirmed their identity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 avenege

look i know this lad well i useto work with him an know his family im not doing any wrong postin a pic

• Advertisement

avenege wrote: »
    look i know this lad well i useto work with him an know his family im not doing any wrong postin a pic

Mod Note

Yes you are. I don't know you and I don't know whether or not what you say is true. We have a policy here on Boards that no names will be mentioned until confirmed by the media. Until its confirmed by the media, under no circumstances shall the name be made. End of story.

You might know, half of Waterford might know but it does not mean that the persons family have all been made aware. Usually when the media publish it, the family are aware of it. Then you can post the name, as printed in the media. Until then, keep mute :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Jesus only hearing about this now. Was there right as the body was found I'd say. Was parked up by the car cleaning place there while picking up food in Hillbillies. No cop cars when we arrived. As we pulled off, we noticed two cop cars and a special branch car parked outside that building that has shutters on it. There were three teenagers, two guys and a girl, sitting on the little wall outside and the girl looked pretty shaken. Didn't know what had happened. I wonder did they come upon the body somehow or another.

Terrible tragedy. Hopefully it wasn't foul play.

Murder investigation underway...

Murder investigation underway...

Confirmed by Damien Tiernan. Head injuries.

While one journalist has confirmed the name, I don't want to see it mentioned here until one of the mainstream (or local) media websites have it. Just for the benefit of the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

the guys photo was on the 6 news, and a member of his family appealing for info. sad situation no matter what the case was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Any link to a photo of him?

• Registered Users Posts: 424 ✭✭Bluezar

I was in school with him, nice lad I always got on with, sad again in this town!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

three muggings in johnstown sat night, now this!!! our city is gone down the drain and name well and truly tarnished in the media with murders and suspicious deaths!!! may the poor chap rest in peace and my thoughts are with his family

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

three muggings in johnstown sat night, now this!!! our city is gone down the drain and name well and truly tarnished in the media with murders and suspicious deaths!!! may the poor chap rest in peace and my thoughts are with his family

2 burglary's Sunday evening, front door kicked in on Lr yellow rd and tv stolen other was in Hennessy's road.:mad:

• Advertisement

Premier wrote: »
    houses in new street a crack den? jasus your unbelievable on this forum sometimes.

he wasn't found in any house on new street and their not crack dens, I know people living their all their lives, Nice people indeed and i was brought up in that area. So mind your manners.

He was a cousin of mine.
    where did i mention where anyone was found.... i dont know how well you know the town but the row of deserted houses on new street,except for one are now infested with junkies , i know the poor guy was found further up the road but not too far away , hope they find whose responsible for the alleged crime .....

http://www.wlrfm.com/news-and-sport/waterford-news/152080.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

Waterford is crumbling before our very eyes, its a sad state of affairs, it definitely aint a safe place no more.

S28382 wrote: »
    Waterford is crumbling before our very eyes, its a sad state of affairs, it definitely aint a safe place no more.
    second that
    especially now theres a vicious killer out there somewhere...

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

Beside me were two female Gardai standing flicking through every magazine on the shelf. I should have showed them the article and asked them what they were doing to address the issue.

Maybe next time you see a news report of a fire you should harass every firefighter you see too and ask what they are doing to address the issue or would that just be too naive to assume every firefighter works on the one incident you see in the paper?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

d3exile wrote: »
    Maybe next time you see a news report of a fire you should harass every firefighter you see too and ask what they are doing to address the issue or would that just be too naive to assume every firefighter works on the one incident you see in the paper?

When a fire breaks out, you ring the fire station, the firefighters rush out and stay there until the fire is put out.

When you ring Ballybricken you'll be lucky if someone answers the phone, never mind investigate the crime.

In a time where we are experiencing a large increase in crime, and in a time where the Gardai are complaining about lack of resources, they should be a little bit more aware of how they spend their time on shift and how it may appear to the public.

When a fire breaks out, you ring the fire station, the firefighters rush out and stay there until the fire is put out.

When you ring Ballybricken you'll be lucky if someone answers the phone, never mind investigate the crime.

In a time where we are experiencing a large increase in crime, and in a time where the Gardai are complaining about lack of resources, they should be a little bit more aware of how they spend their time on shift and how it may appear to the public.

So what you're saying is in a 10 hour shift Gardai should not take a 5 minute break when getting their lunch as the public will assume they do nothing all day every day...

And it's not just the Gardai complaining about lack of resources, as you pointed out yourselve AGS barely have the manpower to get to some calls at the moment, but obviously taking a couple of minutes break is out of the question in case it appears to some sensitive members of public that nothing is being investigated.

Ever read the headline "2 arrested in conjunction with..." or "man charged with..." that means the job is being done as best as can be at the moment, 2 guards choosing a magazine is hardly evidence of lack of progress

• Registered Users Posts: 5,171 ✭✭✭hardybuck

So what you're saying is in a 10 hour shift Gardai should not take a 5 minute break when getting their lunch as the public will assume they do nothing all day every day...

Standing in a shop in full uniform flicking through every magazine on the shelf, next to headlines of a crime spree wasn't the cleverest move. Like it or not the uniform stands out a mile, so be aware that any bit of professionalism will be picked up upon.

If they were reporting to me, I'd tell them to play it a bit cuter. For the same reason I wouldn't want my lads in the bar playing snooker during their break.

Getting calls answered etc. has always been an issue. Not a recent development.

Seeing people charged with offences - that does not mean that the job is being done, it means that some of the job is being done. If I saw a few bricks been put down it wouldn't mean that the wall was finished.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Just saw that lad Skip's photo. I met him at the tall ships. Meself and a girl I know were waiting on a boat for before the fireworks. Was chatting to him for ages. Seemed like a really nice guy - very social, got a great chat out of him. Very sad to see it was him.

Standing in a shop in full uniform flicking through every magazine on the shelf, next to headlines of a crime spree wasn't the cleverest move. Like it or not the uniform stands out a mile, so be aware that any bit of professionalism will be picked up upon.

If they were reporting to me, I'd tell them to play it a bit cuter. For the same reason I wouldn't want my lads in the bar playing snooker during their break.

So go back to the station, change, then go to the shops, change again, and go back to work.

If you have a problem with the service provided or level of professionalism I'm sure google will point you to the Garda Ombudsmans number you can lodge an official complaint there, rather than just grumble about two people looking at magazines on -presumably- a break...

• Advertisement

Getting calls answered etc. has always been an issue. Not a recent development.

Seeing people charged with offences - that does not mean that the job is being done, it means that some of the job is being done. If I saw a few bricks been put down it wouldn't mean that the wall was finished.

In Tesco Ardeen? That must have taken hours? Did you stay there and watch them?

Advertisement