Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is going on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

d3exile wrote: »
    So go back to the station, change, then go to the shops, change again, and go back to work.

If you have a problem with the service provided or level of professionalism I'm sure google will point you to the Garda Ombudsmans number you can lodge an official complaint there, rather than just grumble about two people looking at magazines on -presumably- a break...

Go back to the station. Simple. Are the breaks paid by the way?

I know what the Garda Ombusdmans Office number is as I've used it successfully in the past, but if we were to ring that up every time we saw unprofessional behaviour they wouldn't be able to get a tap done.

When I see blatant unprofessionalism I normally turn a blind eye, but occassionally I call a mate of mine who is a Superintendent. Maybe I'll take your advice and use this avenue on this occasion...thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

In Tesco Ardeen? That must have taken hours? Did you stay there and watch them?

Yeah the que was pretty bad.

Where did you develop your keen sense of wit by the way? Templemore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Can you take this shit to PM.. You're boring the lot of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

hardybuck wrote: »
    Yeah the que was pretty bad.

Where did you develop your keen sense of whit by the way? Templemore?

Same place you learned to spell by the looks of things...

Can we just clarify that you intend to report these Gardaí for reading magazines in a shop while there was a newspaper reporting on a crime spree nearby?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Brendan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭d3exile

hardybuck wrote: »
    I know what the Garda Ombusdmans Office number is as I've used it successfully in the past, but if we were to ring that up every time we saw unprofessional behaviour they wouldn't be able to get a tap done.

When I see blatant unprofessionalism I normally turn a blind eye, but occassionally I call a mate of mine who is a Superintendent. Maybe I'll take your advice and use this avenue on this occasion...thanks.

Glad to hear it

Apologies for hijacking the thread abouttobebanned.... My bad

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭DaleB91

Jesus some women on the rag on boards over last few days. A young chap has lost his life, child lost his dad, parents lost a son but bitching about garda flicking through a magazine is more of an important matter! RIP Skip man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

Jesus havent seen him since we were teenagers, can not believe he was killed. I hope the scum that killed him are caught and punished but this one is a bit weird have the guards estimated around what time it happened at?

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Creamsoda

deisedave wrote: »
    Jesus havent seen him since we were teenagers, can not believe he was killed. I hope the scum that killed him are caught and punished but this one is a bit weird have the guards estimated around what time it happened at?

They think he was there 24 hours before he was found and he was last seen in Polberry at 4 on Sunday so it mustn't be long after that. He was a sound lad. RIP Martin

Creamsoda wrote: »
    They think he was there 24 hours before he was found and he was last seen in Polberry at 4 on Sunday so it mustn't be long after that. He was a sound lad. RIP Martin
    Yeah I knew him to see him during our teenage years (he is exact same age as me). Pretty ****ty thing to happen dead at his age kid with no dad and parents missing a kid, I wonder was it an unprovoked attack or did he know the people that did it. Either way was ****ed up and hopefully the lads that did this are taken off the street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Didn't know him well, but was chatting to him at the tall ships and he didn't seem the type of guy to go around provoking fights. I sincerely hope the people who did it are caught.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

Bad form alright. Hopefully the people or preson that done this is found soon and gets the book thrown at him/her/them. Bastards is all they are.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Didn't know him well, but was chatting to him at the tall ships and he didn't seem the type of guy to go around provoking fights. I sincerely hope the people who did it are caught.

In the paper it said he was so badly beaten he had to be recognised by his tattoo's sounds sort of like the person that did it might of known him. I don't know anything about what happened just what the herald and the sun described made it sound like he might of known the killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

2 teens have been arrested in connection with Martin Brophy's murder.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0525/two-teens-arrested-in-connection-with-murder-probe.html

Two men have been arrested in connection with a murder investigation in Waterford City.

Martin Brophy, 22, died last weekend after being assaulted.

The two in their late teens were arrested this morning and are being held at Waterford Garda Station.

I heard who was arrested. One from the usual family, and the other used to live up in Graciedieu I believe. I heard the method they used to kill him too, absolutely barbaric. I hope they are locked up until they take their last breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭decies

Yes I heard the way he was killed bloody savages .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I heard the way it was done too, absolutely sickening. Is the usual family who I think it may be?

I heard the way it was done too, absolutely sickening. Is the usual family who I think it may be?

I heard his family is not related actually, but the same name. Assumed it was from them. All the details will come out soon I'd imagine, I only heard the names and assumed one was from that family based on his surname.

I heard his family is not related actually, but the same name. Assumed it was from them. All the details will come out soon I'd imagine, I only heard the names and assumed one was from that family based on his surname.

Just found out who you're talking about now, heard the name mentioned yesterday and didn't believe it, didn't think they'd be capable of something like that but I guess we'll just have to wait for the details to come out.

completely sickening how they done it. These are not people at all, they are complete animals and should never see the light of day again. Horrible horrible cretins is all they are.

• Advertisement

Just found out who you're talking about now, heard the name mentioned yesterday and didn't believe it, didn't think they'd be capable of something like that but I guess we'll just have to wait for the details to come out.

Is one of them a juvenile? I heard he was bordering that age.

Is one of them a juvenile? I heard he was bordering that age.

The one that I know is only a year older than me I think, making him 18. I really can't see him being capable of something like that though, but then again, who knows?

Can I get a pm of arrested please.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Popquiz_hotshot

I havnt heard how he was killed.. Was it that bad??

Poor lad

I havnt heard how he was killed.. Was it that bad??

Poor lad
    To be honest your better off not knowing.

Brad is right... To put it mildly, it makes the curb-stomping in American History X look like an act of kindness. That's how bad it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Brad is right... To put it mildly, it makes the curb-stomping in American History X look like an act of kindness. That's how bad it was.

:eek::(

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I wouldn't have thought the Gardai would have released how the incident happened? So how is it that so many people seem to know?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Sully wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought the Gardai would have released how the incident happened? So how is it that so many people seem to know?

People talk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

Graphic details are in the public domain from a reliable source ..........but a source that should not be talking .( Going on what I have heard )

Its only people talking - not official

Advertisement