Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WTF is going on?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭jo06555

Sully wrote: »
    I wouldn't have thought the Gardai would have released how the incident happened? So how is it that so many people seem to know?
    People know people and I heard from reliable source how he died and it was horrific , the poor girl who found him with the 2 lads was the only one to look at the mans face and she needs councelling after it as it was that bad :( I wonder are the 2 arrested to be charged if so more info should come out about names but I'm sure most would know these names anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

jo06555 wrote: »
    the poor girl who found him with the 2 lads was the only one to look at the mans face and she needs councelling after it as it was that bad :(

I actually know the girl who found him. Didn't know she needed counselling though but I doubt anyone could get over that after how horrific it was.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Fair enough. Just that another story going around has already been proven false (fell from the roof. We were told here it was 100%, directly connected to the family and so on) so I wasn't sure if tails were being added here because his face couldn't be used to identify him.

Is there any reason exactly why he would be in that area and/or with such people?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Fair enough. Just that another story going around has already been proven false (fell from the roof. We were told here it was 100%, directly connected to the family and so on) so I wasn't sure if tails were being added here because his face couldn't be used to identify him.

Is there any reason exactly why he would be in that area and/or with such people?

Ah c'mon now...seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

From what I've heard, drug debt sorta thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

People know people and I heard from reliable source how he died and it was horrific , the poor girl who found him with the 2 lads was the only one to look at the mans face and she needs councelling after it as it was that bad :( I wonder are the 2 arrested to be charged if so more info should come out about names but I'm sure most would know these names anyway

Yeah, as I posted a couple of days ago, I was seemingly right there when they found him and the girl looked rightly shaken.

• Registered Users Posts: 739 ✭✭✭bradknowell

From what I've heard, drug debt sorta thing.

Not much of a debt from what I heard.
    Lads to be honest. I know I'm only new on here and all.that but do ye not think the speculation should be kept off in respect of his family.
    3 where arrested. One was not there but helped in the hmmmmm cover up I suppose you could say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Stop speculating lads. Not fair on the chap. We all know what the word on the street is. Let's leave it at that. The guy who was killed was a father, a boyfriend and by all accounts - a sound lad.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Best thing lads is just to let things lie all this speculation and rumors helps no one, besides, the minute there are charges brought against any person, be it the guys in custody or anyone else this thread will be closed due to the fact that we cant discuss anything that is currently going through the legal system.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Stop speculating lads. Not fair on the chap. We all know what the word on the street is. Let's leave it at that. The guy who was killed was a father, a boyfriend and by all accounts - a sound lad.

Are you serious? You've been the biggest culprit over the last couple of pages of this thread!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Best thing lads is just to let things lie all this speculation and rumors helps no one, besides, the minute there are charges brought against any person, be it the guys in custody or anyone else this thread will be closed due to the fact that we cant discuss anything that is currently going through the legal system.

Indeed, sorry! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭deisedave

I dont get disgusted easily but these people are clearly just psycho's doing that to another human being... jesus christ disgusting to even think about.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭south

Two men, who were arrested yesterday in connection with the death of Martin Brophy, have been released without charge.A file has been prepared for the DPP. The body of 22 year old Martin Brophy was found in a vacant building in Waterford City, last Monday. A post mortem revealed he died following a serious assault.He was last seen last Saturday afternoon in the Poleberry area of the city.Gardai in Waterford are appealing for anyone with information to come forward.

Released without charge but file sent to dpp! Which means they did not confess to anything yes so does that mean the killers are still to be caught?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,957 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Released without charge but file sent to dpp! Which means they did not confess to anything yes so does that mean the killers are still to be caught?
    It usually means that there was no confession, and a file sent to the dpp to see if there is enough evidence to warrant a charge. Investigation may not even be over yet, or they may not have the main suspect yet. It's not an open and shut case by the sounds of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Are you serious? You've been the biggest culprit over the last couple of pages of this thread!

I wasn't speculating about the character of the lad killed. I was discussing those who were responsible for the event, and the extremity of the attack. There is a huge difference.

It usually means that there was no confession, and a file sent to the dpp to see if there is enough evidence to warrant a charge. Investigation may not even be over yet, or they may not have the main suspect yet. It's not an open and shut case by the sounds of it.

Was explained a tad different to me from someone who would be very familiar with how the system works but its hard to know. Insufficient evidence to suggest it was murder, other circumstances surrounding the events leading up to his death, waiting on toxicology other evidence and so on, different set of events than what appears to the eye.

Who knows tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Lads, do ye know what? It kills me to see when I read this thread that "some" people are jumping to conclusions. To be honest I was in the middle of writing a pvt message to scully but ye know what, I stopped. I'm amazed at the speculation in every sense. We need to stand back and just let the cops do their job, no point in joining what is already a chinese whisper train.

Lads, do ye know what? It kills me to see when I read this thread that "some" people are jumping to conclusions. To be honest I was in the middle of writing a pvt message to scully but ye know what, I stopped. I'm amazed at the speculation in every sense. We need to stand back and just let the cops do their job, no point in joining what is already a chinese whisper train.
    Good for you. I got worried when you said you where going to right a private messege. Phew don't have to sit on the naughty step now .
    The guards are getting on with their job thankfully. I'm sure people having a little chat on a forum is not going to hinder the investigation.
    Some of the Chinese whispers going about are crazy in fairness but sure what else would ya expect in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

A fella told me something about this but I can't tell ye, even as much as I'd love to.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

I know something ye don't know...

I know something ye don't know...

Who Put The Bop In The Bop Shoo Bop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

What part of town was that young fella originally from?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭deisemum

I think he was originally from Ballybeg then lived in Viewmount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

Who Put The Bop In The Bop Shoo Bop
    I diddit I diddit and you dont know nothing I love the waterford double negitives you don't know nothing I better put in a smiley or two.:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Car on Thomas Hill after being set on fire I see

Related to murder ? or just another random act of kindness from the scumbags going around lately ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

ENRG6.jpg
    Just wanted to ask what's the story? Used to live in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

beazee wrote: »
    ENRG6.jpg
    Just wanted to ask what's the story? Used to live in the area.
    Christ! It may sound terribe but could we guess what make it was , I'm guessing Toyota avensis

• Advertisement

jayboi wrote: »
    Christ! It may sound terribe but could we guess what make it was , I'm guessing Toyota avensis

Yep, fairly modern model too, 08 onwards I'd say.

Advertisement