Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice on bringing the lawn on

Options
  • 21-05-2012 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Recently scarified the lawn after killing off the moss.

I have planted some seed about 1-2 weeks ago but it does not appear to be coming on.

Any advise greatly appreciated.

2eev5z9.jpg

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

It 'll start coming up this week. It's been too cold for much growth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I have planted some seed about 1-2 weeks ago but it does not appear to be coming on.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thanks

Weather seems to be slowing things down, planted grass seed 2 weeks ago, took 12 days for any sign of growth so maybe wait another few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭redser7

Dry period coming up so give it a bit of a hose

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

2eev5z9.jpg

Thanks

Amazing what a couple of weeks and a little hard work can do.

2vao29j.jpgxqg9co.jpg2ynqcft.jpgog9vmw.jpg34nprux.jpg2v91x1y.jpg
    2jcy2at.jpg2v8qo3o.jpg

Before and after.

e9djcj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭kynzvart

Your garden looks great, well done.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

is this time of year a good time to scarify the lawn,your lawn looks great

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

Some transformation,Lawn looks great - DId you just put lawn seed down after scarifying it or what way did you do it ? Did you use a machine to scarify it or what did you use?

Thanks

Rosski

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

Some transformation,Lawn looks great - DId you just put lawn seed down after scarifying it or what way did you do it ? Did you use a machine to scarify it or what did you use?

Thanks

Rosski

• Registered Users Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

That's some difference op!

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

ROSSKI wrote: »

Thanks

Rosski

Hi Rosski,

I received some good advise from this forum if i am honest.

First off i got a bag of this and spread it round the garden.

14o6uee.jpg

After a few days the moss starts to turn black and some of the weeds start to die off. The garden will look in a terrible state but do not worry.

Leave the garden alone for approx 2 weeks after applying the above.

I purchased the below scarifier in Lidl for about 20 Euro. I previously tried to get the moss and thatch out with a rake but it is almost impossible.

1ioqbm.jpg

The scarifier is much easier to use and after a few minutes you get the knack of it. I got about 3 to 4 big black refuse sacks of moss and thatch from the garden.

I then proceeded to seed the lawn (which took almost two weeks to show any sign of growth) due to the weather being so poor.

In the past two weeks with the warm weather and then the rain it has come on strong enough to cut.

I am unsure however if now is the right time to be doing this to your garden so you might want to ask one of the more experienced gardeners here.

I started mine in early May when the weather and temperate were still pretty poor.

• Advertisement
Advertisement