Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jury elligibility

• 21-05-2012 12:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question:

Is no longer being resident in Ireland acceptable for being exused of jury duty, or can I be dragged back for it?

Many thanks!

P.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You're not explicitly ineligible, however:
    (2) A county registrar may excuse any person whom he has summoned as a juror from attendance during the whole or any part of the sittings in question if that person shows to the registrar's satisfaction that there is good reason why he should be so excused.
    You will need to write to the county registrar outlining why you need to be excused from service. A valid reason would obviously be the fact that it will cost you money to fly home and that you will not be paid by your work for any time you may miss as a juror.

Ensure that your name is removed from register of electors, otherwise you may still be called for jury service in future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Cheers. Actually calculated that the flights and lost work would cost me more than the fine for simply nt showing up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I don't believe the fine is that bad in any event. €63.50 comes to mind.

I can be a devil of a job to get removed from the electoral register.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,664 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I don't believe the fine is that bad in any event. €63.50 comes to mind.

I can be a devil of a job to get removed from the electoral register.

500 euro according to the letter.

Must be easy enough to get off the register - it's not like people moving abroads is an unusal occurance.

Advertisement