Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the best way to memorise everything?

• 21-05-2012 1:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭

Just curious I usually use past papers and use revision books while writing the answers and read it out as I'm writing it afte then try and repeat what I've written down until I get it right and then I just keep looking over it.

How do you memorise everything?What's the best way?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭cruais

I'm long past my LC but I'm in college and I think I must have the most long winded and weird way of learning but it seems to work for me!

I take the first sentence and keep writing it out all while saying it in my head. On another piece of paper I write it down again, to prove I know it. I then take the second sentence and follow the previous procedure. When I know it, I then write the first and second sentence together and so on.

As I said, long winded and weird but it works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 921 ✭✭✭reznov

I used to write out information but it is absolutely pointless and eats too much time which could be used to cram more chapters. I mentally repeat information after I've said it orally several times.

Recollection is the best form of memorisation. Recall information frequently. Learn a chapter, next day go over it again but block out keywords.

The day after go back to the chapter once more but this time look at a keyword and describe the concept behind it. e.g. Photosynthesis, go on to describe both stages and path ways. (you an do so orally or in writing)

On that very day complete all exam papers related to that topic. Check them.
    Set the chapter aside, it should stick in your memory for a long period of time.

Before any exams, quickly read over all the chapters, the information will be in your short term memory meaning maximum recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I usually have to write it at least once to remember it. Sometimes the reading of the chapters work but I can't always keep my focus when I do that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

funny-pictures-cat-learns-through-osmosis.jpg

Advertisement