Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Very fitted white shirt

• 21-05-2012 1:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

I want to get a well fitted white shirt (male) for a party soon and was wondering if any could recommend somewhere that I may not have been to before? I want to wear it with a suit so would like it to have a decent collar too.

I know I could go to TM Lewin, Thomas Pink etc, but those are more "slim fit", and I want something more fitted.

Perhaps there's a smaller man's shop that might have them? I don't want to spend too much either, about 40 quid (I know that's cheap but I won't be wearing it that often).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

When you say you want something more fitted than slim fit are you referring to close (tighter) fitting or made to measure? I imagine slim fit would be the most close fitting style you can get without being tight. Maybe try Louis Copeland on Capel Street/Wicklow Street - otherwise you might need to get a tailor made shirt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭MikeC101

"Slim fit" varies a lot from brand to brand, you might find some fit better than others - I wouldn't consider Lewin or Pink shirts to be all that slim fitting alright, but some of the more "fashionable" mens shops might have something. I think Hugo Boss do a range of shirts that are quite slim, but probably quite expensive.

What's your chest size - could you go down a size and have the button moved on the collar to fit your neck?

Could always get the closest fit you can find and have a tailor alter it - you can get darts put in, but getting it taken in at the side seams by someone who knows what they're doing will look better (but cost significantly more), so that might put the price too high.

M&S were doing a limited edition extra slim (or some variation of that) fit, I think they still have them in stock. I was surprised by their regular slim fits - quite slim - so those could be even better.

Edit: Now that I think of it, I think Next do some shirts that look pretty slim fitting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Well you know, just a reasonably tight fitting shirt. The "slim fit" in the shops I find to still be quite baggy and loose; now I don't want a skin tight shirt, but just something a little more stylish and a little more male celeb esq! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Try river island and size down one from your regular size. Your suit will need to be cut close too for it to look right and a sleek shaped shoe.

Suit is tailored alright, and I shall be wearing a pair of Grenson Noble shoes - very smart! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

I got a shirt (black) in Jack & Jones over the weekend. It was a slim fit but its cut pretty fitted. They have them in White also. It might be of help to you :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

For your budget, I'd try M&S.
    I find TM lewin shirts to have gone down hill a lot recently.

I got a shirt (black) in Jack & Jones over the weekend. It was a slim fit but its cut pretty fitted. They have them in White also. It might be of help to you :D

Thanks, I'll try there!

I have a slim fit M&S one, great but not quite fitted enough! ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭ceegee

Zara do a super slim fit range.

Advertisement