Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Instituto Cervantes Review

• 21-05-2012 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48

Hey all, was wondering if anyone has experience with the Instituto Cervantes, in particular for beginners Spanish. I’ve had a look around here but can’t find any specific reviews of it. I know it has a good name etc but has anyone here actually been? How many are there in the class, what’s the course load like, would it be more beneficial to sign up for the 60hrs straight away of just sign up for the 30h first etc? Also, the website is v confusing, timetable wise and I can’t get through on the phone for clarification so wondering if anyone here can shed any light before I ring them again later. I really only want it for travelling, and it’s just something that I’ve wanted to do for a while, so conversational Spanish is about the level I need. I’m just double checking here as it’s a bit pricey, but as I sad, I know it has a good rep so seems like it’s worth it. Any advice of comments regarding it would be appreciated (or, alternatively any alternate suggestions would be welcome).
    Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭UngratefulWhelp

I did a course there, the intermediate level one, I'd say it was good, but pricey. I also had near fluency after living in Spain for a couple of years. If I were you, I'd put a notice up in one of the colleges looking for a Spaniard to yak with you a few times a week.

You could cheap it out and go to the exchanges, but there's no structure there. If you were paying someone 15-20 quid per hour just to talk and listen to you, it'd still work out less expensive - and conversational is what you want at the end of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 Fenwick

Hey UW, thanks for the reply. Its a good idea, might look into that!
    Cheers

Advertisement