Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business Computing DT354 vs BIS

Options
  • 21-05-2012 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi all
    I know there are few topics about DT354 on boards but I'd like to know if Business Computing in DIT would be something simmilar to Business Information Systems degree? Which degree would be better for job prospects?

I hope somebody can/will answer this for me:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

I finished DT354 a few years ago, so if you have any questions about that I should be able to answer. I know that some modules have changed (for the better) since I finished but most of it is still the same.

I don't know anything about the BIS degree so I cant speak to the job prospects there, but as far as I'm aware everyone that was in my year that was looking for a job got one fairly easily. There seems to be plenty of Java dev jobs around which is where a good few ended up. Others are in more of a web development role and others work in more of a businessy role.

Feel free to send me a pm if you want to know anything else. :)

Advertisement