Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seeker11

Herrick wrote: »
    ladylost wrote: »
    Would you still meet her after she messed you around like that?

Oh no. Had an idea this was coming once I got that excuse this evening.

It's just mind boggling how some people carry on. All the trouble of giving me her num, swapping FB's, then she even text me early today to confirm for tonight.

But then this BS like an hour before we were due to meet. I didn't want to jump the gun and I decided to at least give the benefit of the doubt, but when I haven't even got a text by now its obvious.

You'd think there would be at least be a better excuse than that like.

Actually just got a text now "girls still here late night drive ;)" dunno if it's a statement or a question :eek:

Ouch!
    She would totally get rid of the girls or not entertained them in the first place if she intended to go on a date!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

It's just mind boggling how some people carry on. All the trouble of giving me her num, swapping FB's, then she even text me early today to confirm for tonight.

But then this BS like an hour before we were due to meet. I didn't want to jump the gun and I decided to at least give the benefit of the doubt, but when I haven't even got a text by now its obvious.

Actually just got a text now "girls still here late night drive ;)" dunno if it's a statement or a question :eek:

Sounds a bit suss .... could be they are messing you about

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Tell her you forgot you promised a friend you'd meet him. Sauce for the goose :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

You get a text now and were supposed to be meeting at 9,30?? Seriously, i wouldnt even bother replying. That is just downright rude.

I was treated like that by a guy through OD, had arranged to meet and he cancels with about an hour to go. Gave him benefit of the doubt and gave him another chance, to be let down exactly the same way again, cancelling about 2 hours before the date:mad: Needless to say he didnt even warrant a reply from me when he contacted me again.

I wouldnt be giving her the time of day if it was me. If someone can let you down so early on they obviously arent bothered, just my opinion...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

seeker11 wrote: »
    Ouch!
    She would totally get rid of the girls or not entertained them in the first place if she intended to go on a date!

Yep.

To be clear we weren't set for 9.30 she said she hoped that she may make it but wasn't sure and would text.

Got a big long text saying she's really sorry. Says she feels really bad and isn't trying to lead me on, really wants to meet. Says she's really sorry for tonight.

Says she'll be in town with one of her mates on a certain night or she can meet up some day during the week if I'd like :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

It either goes so amazingly right, where I get the shiver down my back as we are kissing, or else I make a complete and utter awkward bálls of the whole thing and just do the quickest disappearing act ever, even though I'd be DYING to move in for a kiss...

A few years ago I was chatting to a girl in a bar and I went in for the kiss. Just as I did that she moved her head down as she was grabbing something, and I ended up cutting me fecking nose off her hair clip. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

riveratom wrote: »
    Come on now lads, I ain't no Casanova but don't ask someone if you can kiss them!

Play it smooth and subtle and try to detect the right time, if the feeling is mutual it won't take too much.

What I would usually do is wait until well into the date, if the eye contact is there, etc, I would usually make hand contact...then based on the reaction go in for the kiss...
    doovdela wrote: »
    Ah what's wrong with asking? If you fancy them that is but if you just want to give it a go just to see no harm in asking, sometimes until you kiss someone before something can happen between people like a spark, also other ways be of giving a nudge/wink/puppy eyes or subtle way of wanting to kiss them before diving in that is as its hard to read their mind and know what they are thinking!? Some people need a sign or a signal sometimes to get a hint that you want to kiss them! Some people can misread signals very easily and misjudge a situation no matter how they feel or not feel. Asking is better than second guessing or having an awkward moment!

1st dates generally swing one way or the other handshake/kiss on cheek or kiss depending how the date goes....that is the general consensus I assume unless it doesn't swing either way and nothing happens...'friends'.

What ever the approach, approach nicely and confidently. Smile!

It's all relative folks, last girl i kissed it was mid way through an emotional conversation, seemed like the right time to do it, i didnt pounce over the table to do it, i simple said, " i should really kiss you now "

A lot of people complain over the formailty of going on a date. They reckon its like an interview situation, and that can be true, but going on a date with someone is no more awkward than approaching random strangers in a bar or club I reckon. Actually there's less rejection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

No dates lined up for me this weekend. Can't say I'm losing any sleep over it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Well after about an hour or so of chatting with a very nice European girl this evening, we are meeting for a drink early next week :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

Which site?

Hot or not. Don't know if I am either yet tbh...

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭miec

She would totally get rid of the girls or not entertained them in the first place if she intended to go on a date

Hi Herrick

I hate the find of bull**** that some people do, be it male or female, to be honest I kept thinking selfish, stupid c*** whilst reading what she was saying to you, she was blowing you off and you were wise enough to spot it, she is a coward and pathetic to come out with her Im sorry tripe and I want to make it up tripe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Chatting to a guy for a few weeks now (probably one or two messages a day), he seems nice, no mention of date though!

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Chatting to a guy for a few weeks now (probably one or two messages a day), he seems nice, no mention of date though!

I find that amazing, do people just want to be pen-pals or what like? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

riveratom wrote: »
    I find that amazing, do people just want to be pen-pals or what like? :)

I know what the next advice is gonna be... ask him myself!

Which I will be doing :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    I know what the next advice is gonna be... ask him myself!

Which I will be doing :)

On the other hand though, if you met everyone you were chatting with, you'd be doing nothing but spending your time going on dates, I'd have to say for myself, it's more of a chat site with a potential to go on a date. I know for other people that's seen as timewasting, etc, horses for courses...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

On the other hand though, if you met everyone you were chatting with, you'd be doing nothing but spending your time going on dates, I'd have to say for myself, it's more of a chat site with a potential to go on a date. I know for other people that's seen as timewasting, etc, horses for courses...

You've the same mindset as me. I've been chatting loads to people, have really enjoyed it, but I'm only really interested in meeting one girl out of all of the ones I've talked to.

EDIT: meeting on monday. Just need to get a haircut sorted before then.

SO EXCiTED :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Meeting a girl tonight for cinema and drinks (think cinema is allowed on 2nd date). The one for tomorrow evening cancelled on me, properly gutted!

The one on Wednesday went very well. Can't beat that first kiss either, like the first time you drive a new car :-P

Meeting a girl tonight for cinema and drinks (think cinema is allowed on 2nd date). The one for tomorrow evening cancelled on me, properly gutted!

The one on Wednesday went very well. Can't beat that first kiss either, like the first time you drive a new car :-P

You're a guy and you have multiple dates lined up? How?????

Also I'm not sure if I'd be too happy going on a date with someone knowing they had someone else lined up for the following night. That to me would feel like an audition! If you're dating 2 girls at once is that not technically cheating?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    You're a guy and you have multiple dates lined up? How?????

Also I'm not sure if I'd be too happy going on a date with someone knowing they had someone else lined up for the following night. That to me would feel like an audition! If you're dating 2 girls at once is that not technically cheating?

i dont think thats cheating if only for few dates.it can take a few dates before know if want to make it more serious,if hes dating these for more than 3-4 dates then you should make decision to see one or other. i think its different with online dating.if were people youd met on night out itd be different as theres already soome attraction there so dating few different people at once is bit different

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

i dont think thats cheating if only for few dates.it can take a few dates before know if want to make it more serious,if hes dating these for more than 3-4 dates then you should make decision to see one or other. i think its different with online dating.if were people youd met on night out itd be different as theres already soome attraction there so dating few different people at once is bit different

Once you move on to a 2nd or 3rd date you shouldn't be meeting other people I think. Otherwise nobody really is given a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

If you're dating 2 girls at once is that not technically cheating?

It's not cheating if you are upfront from the very start about the fact that you are seeing other girls. That's my approach anyway.

It's not cheating if you are upfront from the very start about the fact that you are seeing other girls. That's my approach anyway.

When do you stop seeing other girls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

If you're dating 2 girls at once is that not technically cheating?

Of course not. You're dating them, not in a relationship with them.

Unhid my profile yesterday in a fit of boredom. Bad idea.

Also had an entire text convseration with someone last night that turned out not to be the person I thought it was - still have no idea who I was actually texting!

mood wrote: »
    When do you stop seeing other girls?

Who says I do? ;)

Who says I do? ;)

Charming :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

'Great' week on online dating for Galvasean. Couple of girls added me to their favourites. Mailed them both. No reply (dafuq?!!?!?)
    Got 3 mails from girls, each consisting of one word each: "Hello", "Hi" and "Helo" (you know you're on to a winner when they put in so much effort that they can't spell one poxy word right). All the while the half dozen or so mails I sent out (complete with full sentences, correct spelling and references to stuff written in their profiles) go completely ignored/unreplied to. Time to go off radar for a while. Hopefully things will pick up the next time I surface.

On the plus side, I traded Facebooks with that girl I was mailing from Clare last week. (Penpal!) Turns out she has a very cool photography website. Not really what I'm on OD for, but hey gotta focus on the positives.

mood wrote: »
    Charming :rolleyes:

Knew I'd get that response! :D

Seriously, if there was a girl I was seeing and we were both wanted a relationship, I would stop seeing other girls.

It's precisely because I take relationships very seriously that I am slow to enter them. I'd want to first make sure that all the boxes are ticked and that we are compatible on every level.

Of course, I get accused of being a total player for thinking and acting like this. But I'll get in a relationship when I want to, not just when a girl I'm dating wants me to. ;)

Knew I'd get that response! :D

Seriously, if there was a girl I was seeing and we were both wanted a relationship, I would stop seeing other girls.

It's precisely because I take relationships very seriously that I am slow to enter them. I'd want to first make sure that all the boxes are ticked and that we are compatible on every level.

Of course, I get accused of being a total player for thinking and acting like this. But I'll get in a relationship when I want to, not just when a girl I'm dating wants me to. ;)

But you can't know that until you are in a relationship a while. It's not right to expect a girl to hand around waiting for you to decide if you choose her over other girls.

• Advertisement

Not a fan of the multiple dating myself. Am a one-girl kinda guy and much prefer to focus on the one that is attracting my attention :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement