Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

mood wrote: »
    I wouldn't trust someone who hasn't a photo. They are probably married/in relationship or just don't have any b*lls. Not exactly someone I want to meet.

Yup, I'm married. *checks crotch* :eek: where are they?!?!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Herrick wrote: »
    God's sake someone with private pics messaged me on PoF saying they know me irl, but won't say who they are.

Have to say it's kinda creepy.

That is kind of creepy and quite unfair too. Why contact you to say that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

I am trying to hide my profile on POF but cant figure out how to do it.

Its say go to "edit profile" and under the users that are on line, click on hide your profile.

I cant see anything at all to hide my profile.

Anyone know?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

dub5 wrote: »
    I am trying to hide my profile on POF but cant figure out how to do it.

Its say go to "edit profile" and under the users that are on line, click on hide your profile.

I cant see anything at all to hide my profile.

Anyone know?

Click on the words "click here" ;)

The only "click here" I see is....

All Upgraded Memberships include Goldfish Credits! Click here to upgrade, or click here to purchase more Goldfish Credits.

I dont want any goldfish!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,795 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

The only "click here" I see is....

All Upgraded Memberships include Goldfish Credits! Click here to upgrade, or click here to purchase more Goldfish Credits.

I dont want any goldfish!!!!!!
    Go into Edit Profile.

See the row of pictures of matches at the top.

Under it is the tabs:
    Edit Profile...View Your Profile...Mail Settings...Upload Images...Improve Your Profile

Under those tabs is the sentence:
    "To hide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches. "

Scroll over "Click here" of that sentence.
    Click on it.
    The page should refresh and the sentence now becomes:
    "To unhide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches."

You are now "hidden".

Panthro wrote: »
    Go into Edit Profile.

Under it is the tabs:
    Edit Profile...View Your Profile...Mail Settings...Upload Images...Improve Your Profile

"To hide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches. "

Click on it.
    "To unhide your profile from others click here Hiding your profile removes you from all searches."

Took the words right outta my mouth Panthro :)

Go into Edit Profile.

Under it is the tabs:

Click on it.

You are now "hidden".

Thanks Panthro, but under those tabs, i just have

GOLDFISH CREDITS - With Goldfish credits, you can send gifts & find out if your messages were read!
    You currently have 0 Goldfish Credits

I am confused

Thanks Panthro, but under those tabs, i just have

GOLDFISH CREDITS - With Goldfish credits, you can send gifts & find out if your messages were read!
    You currently have 0 Goldfish Credits

I am confused

Your comp's must be broke so my man!:D
    I'm having a gander here and I can't see any other way round it other than what I've posted.
    Send the site a sturdy email.

Edit:
    I've had a look through their Help section. The way I've posted above is the only way to go about hiding.
    You sure that sentence above isn't on the edit profile page somewhere?

Your comp's must be broke so my man!:D
    I'm having a gander here and I can't see any other way round it other than what I've posted.
    Send the site a sturdy email.

I mailed them earlier on, but no reply.

I did "hide" profile before and it was through the way you told me.

Just when I have made a decision to take a break from the on line dating, I cant!!!!

• Advertisement

I mailed them earlier on, but no reply.

I did "hide" profile before and it was through the way you told me.

Just when I have made a decision to take a break from the on line dating, I cant!!!!

It doesn't say "unhide your profile" by any chance does it :P

coco_lola wrote: »

No, there is nothing about "hiding" or "unhiding". Its annoying me now

No, there is nothing about "hiding" or "unhiding". Its annoying me now

Try another browser, clear your cache and cookies

Be careful what you answer here dub5 because I'm telling ya if it does...you are in line for this
    :D

Try logging out and back in again to POF and see does that sentence come up under edit profile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Weird. Messaged a nice looking girl a few days ago. She was online since, no replies....until today.

I asked did she want to see a pic and she said she's "not bothered, not all women are shallow"

Sent the pic anyways and she says I look older than my age :pac: Never been told this, quite the opposite, and lots of winky faces too, maybe that's just her style though :P

It's unusual. Seems too good to be true :pac:

Feel atm like I'm in with a chance, and it feels good :P But whether it stays that way is another thing. :)

Samich wrote: »
    Weird. Messaged a nice looking girl a few days ago. She was online since, no replies....until today.

I asked did she want to see a pic and she said she's "not bothered, not all women are shallow"

Sent the pic anyways and she says I look older than my age :pac: Never been told this, quite the opposite, and lots of winky faces too, maybe that's just her style though :P

It's unusual. Seems too good to be true :pac:

Feel atm like I'm in with a chance, and it feels good :P But whether it stays that way is another thing. :)

Good luck man.

Had a fun conversation with a crazy(in a good way) girl :D.

I'm sceptical though as she hasn't asked for a pic.

Try another browser, clear your cache and cookies

ok, will give this a go
    Be careful what you answer here dub5 because I'm telling ya if it does...you are in line for this
    :D

lol

Try logging out and back in again to POF and see does that sentence come up under edit profile.

Have tried that but didnt work

Back to square one. Haven't heard from any of them.

Man this thing knocks your confidence a fair bit. People talk to you than just stop all of a sudden.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭missbelle

Someone viewed me,oooh click to see profile... Someone I already heard from that I'm not interested in, who has changed their profile pic and user name...damn!!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Varied wrote: »

Man this thing knocks your confidence a fair bit. People talk to you than just stop all of a sudden.

It's a double edged sword! When things are going well it can really give you a confidence boost but when it all goes silent confidence goes through the floor!! :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Christie Rainbows

ladylost wrote: »
    It's a double edged sword! When things are going well it can really give you a confidence boost but when it all goes silent confidence goes through the floor!! :(

Couldn't have put it better! that was good advice before, ladylost..
    Was chatting to him on messenger and he said he hasn't been in contact with me as it's unlikely he will get a job where he is and will have to look in other counties so he felt there was no point meeting up. I said I was disappointed and I got on with him the best. He said he feels a nice connection with me. Then I said I feel like I'm in limbo. He said we will talk about it tomorrow as he will be online. That was the end of the conversation.

It would be different if he actually got a job somewhere else, but it's all ifs and maybes. When I think about it, I want to meet someone who really wants to meet me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Is anyone else's pof.com diverting to pof.fr and being delivered in French?

Dunno what's up, but it keeps sending me to the French domain. Maybe it thinks I will have better look outside of Ireland. :o

GrumPy wrote: »
    Is anyone else's pof.com diverting to pof.fr and being delivered in French?

Dunno what's up, but it keeps sending me to the French domain. Maybe it thinks I will have better look outside of Ireland. :o

Nope, mine is in English.. any chance you are logged in with your Google account and have French selected as a preference... tried clearing the cache and cookies*??

*Thats the second time I've said that tonight, I feel like I'm a technical support rep for POF!

Nope, mine is in English.. any chance you are logged in with your Google account and have French selected as a preference... tried clearing the cache and cookies*??

*Thats the second time I've said that tonight, I feel like I'm a technical support rep for POF!

Hmmm... Didn't fix it, and my inbox seems to be broken too! :pac:

Hmmm... Didn't fix it, and my inbox seems to be broken too! :pac:

You're popping up in my "people online" thing so you're deffo there... DAMN YOU FRENCH POF!!

You're popping up in my "people online" thing so you're deffo there... DAMN YOU FRENCH POF!!

"Mon profil"

What the hell is mon profil?! *panics*

I've been on OkCupid for about a month now. Have had three messages. The first was from a woman who commented on my username, it gave me something to talk about and seemed like a good way to start it. The second was a generic "hey, how are you?" type message which gave me nothing to go on. The third was via their IM where I ended up talking to someone for about two hours, which was nice.

I've sent many a message myself but haven't had many replies. Maybe my messages just aren't good enough or something? I try to incorporate stuff from their profiles to show I actually read them.

"Mon profil"

What the hell is mon profil?! *panics*

I'm going putting mine in French for funsies now.

"FAIRE COUCOU" - That's a fun word!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Varied wrote: »

Yep, seems that's happened with me and aforementioned girl :P

She's online just hasn't replied :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Samich wrote: »
    Yep, seems that's happened with me and aforementioned girl :P

She's online just hasn't replied :(

Follow up after a few days, if you dont chase you dont get..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement