Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I've been talking to a girl on POF that works in my local shop. I'm wondering should I pop in unannounced and say hello. Or would that be weird?

No offence ... but if you need to ask ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Novella wrote: »
    I blocked him on POF 'cause he kept messaging me, but now he keeps texting me - "Dickhead" and so on (like 6 messages in the last hour), so I guess if he doesn't stop, I'll have to call Meteor and have his number blocked. All this just because I was busy...

Have you an Android phone? If you have PM me and I'll point you in the right direction ;)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I've been talking to a girl on POF that works in my local shop. I'm wondering should I pop in unannounced and say hello. Or would that be weird?
    Unless you've mentioned popping in to her and she seemed ok with it , I wouldn't. It might freak her out and ruin what you've built up with her so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

I blocked him on POF 'cause he kept messaging me, but now he keeps texting me - "Dickhead" and so on (like 6 messages in the last hour), so I guess if he doesn't stop, I'll have to call Meteor and have his number blocked. All this just because I was busy...

Tell him you're really sorry & you'll meet him somewhere, PM me the time and place, and I'll go meet him.

We'll find out how brave the chap is. Judging by the fact that he has to harass girls to make himself feel like a big man, I'm guessing not very.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Vodkat

Tell him you're really sorry & you'll meet him somewhere, PM me the time and place, and I'll go meet him.

We'll find out how brave the chap is. Judging by the fact that he has to harass girls to make himself feel like a big man, I'm guessing not very.

I want to come along too, for the crack!!

• Advertisement

Went off the world of OD and back on now again, taking it a little more seriously this time. I have came across some more unique profiles from guys in my area and i messaged a few to which all replied :) I agree with the guys that the women have way more of a choice, I was online about 30 minutes and got 7 messages and ive no public pic! One guy has offered to teach me a skill I said I was interested in and im really excited about that. Haven't arranged a proper date yet but its defo in the cards. Might get one of you to take a look at my profile and see what you think, I find it hard to get my sense of humour across in the about me section.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

miamee wrote: »
    Unless you've mentioned popping in to her and she seemed ok with it , I wouldn't. It might freak her out and ruin what you've built up with her so far.

I have mentioned it today yes, and its not like I haven't been in it before. It's just I never recognised her in her photo. We live pretty close which is handy.

I have mentioned it today yes, and its not like I haven't been in it before. It's just I never recognised her in her photo. We live pretty close which is handy.

I wouldnt do it if I was you. I wouldnt like someone I met online showing up at work. A few reasons why... Firstly because you have to act like a professional at work and so we change our personalities slightly to match this. She could get uncomfortable around customers waiting or other staff that are trying to suss out the situation. Secondly I wouldnt like someone im dating seeing me in my work uniform with my hair undone and no make up on. I just wouldnt feel attractive or confident. Anyway whatever you decide is up to you but my advice would be to leave it for the moment!

Vodkat wrote: »
    I wouldnt do it if I was you. I wouldnt like someone I met online showing up at work. A few reasons why... Firstly because you have to act like a professional at work and so we change our personalities slightly to match this. She could get uncomfortable around customers waiting or other staff that are trying to suss out the situation. Secondly I wouldnt like someone im dating seeing me in my work uniform with my hair undone and no make up on. I just wouldnt feel attractive or confident. Anyway whatever you decide is up to you but my advice would be to leave it for the moment!

Yep I'd say so too. Unless she was the one to bring it up.

I wouldn't want a girl I hadn't met calling into my work, if I had a job... or a girl that actually wanted to meet me...

I guess I stopped chatting to people when I feel they are not interested or want different things.

It definitely is rude to just cut contact but explaining why usually leads to problems so best for both parties to just cease contact.

I agree with you! I told a guy last time on POF that i wasnt interested in the nicest way possible and the replies I got were awful. I really felt for him, he was saying that as soon as he sends his pictures to a girl they never reply etc. etc. He just messaged me again, but at least I know better this time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

(like 6 messages in the last hour)
    Tell him to stop, or you'll goto the Gardai because he is harassing you.

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

And today's sleazy message award goes to......

"....fav sexual position ??"

The guys that send those messages, are the same guys who would never in a million years say that to a girl's face in a pub....

InternetToughGuy_2.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

A guy chatted me and asked for a pic not much other convo, said I respond seeing as he was cute and sent a pic of me and my blonde haired cousin. He replies... ''You the brunette?'' If he had bothered to read my profile then he would know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Tango67

Hey all, new here I am... me :) Been a lurker up to this .

Can anybody rate or briefly compare some of the other dating sites (other than POF)... Zoosk, match.com etc. ?

Thanks.

T67

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Saw an article that mentions a site called Sparkdating.ie tonight. Had a quick look and seems to be a few down my end of the country on it. Anyone know anything about it? Think I might be suspending my profile for a while for good reasons but said I'd ask while I can still remember the name of the site

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

ladylost wrote: »
    Saw an article that mentions a site called Sparkdating.ie tonight. Had a quick look and seems to be a few down my end of the country on it. Anyone know anything about it? Think I might be suspending my profile for a while for good reasons but said I'd ask while I can still remember the name of the site

Just did a quick search on it for Donegal 26-33 and of the 12 results that came back, only 1 had been on this year

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭singlesnights

Tango67 wrote: »
    Hey all, new here I am... me :) Been a lurker up to this .

Can anybody rate or briefly compare some of the other dating sites (other than POF)... Zoosk, match.com etc. ?

Thanks.

T67

Here's a review I did of several Internet dating sites:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=80193707&postcount=3237

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Mod Warning:
    Just so we are absolutely clear on this one, "hard man" bullshít such as this is not welcome nor will it be tolerated, not in this thread thread or anywhere else in The Gentleman's Club.
    Cut it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

tatumkelly wrote: »
    And today's sleazy message award goes to......

"....fav sexual position ??"

That is very much at the vanilla end of the scale, believe me!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,153 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Honey-ec wrote: »

Tip of the iceberg! Is there anywhere we can put all the random, crazy messages received. Starting to feel I should keep track of the comedy gold, too many to remember!

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭tatumkelly

Yeah I know, I've received much worse than that too. I'd never think of sending a mail like that to a guy so I've no idea why they think it's going to work on women.

I've had not one, not two, but three offers of payment for sex this week alone. Nice to know I have options if the motor industry ever goes t*ts-up...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

I've had not one, not two, but three offers of payment for sex this week alone. Nice to know I have options if the motor industry ever goes t*ts-up...

Ah I'm getting offers of no strings for free haha! Going by the state of the motor industry, we won't be waiting much longer for a career change!

:eek: that's one thing I've not had. Yet!

miamee wrote: »
    :eek: that's one thing I've not had. Yet!

Oh yeah, and they were only the ones who came right out and said it. I've had loads of offers for "arrangements" too.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Novella,

Sorry about that chap constantly texting you. Didn't really take him too long to show his true colours. You've dodged a serious bullet here. Though, him constantly texting you abusive messages doesn't help matters.

Sounds like the chap has serious issues.

Unfortunately people like this leave a very bad taste in the mouth and in turn the seemingly small number of genuine lads on the site instantly get lost amongst the time wasters and people's view of OD is skewed because of one or two assholes.

Panthro wrote: »
    Mod Warning:
    Just so we are absolutely clear on this one, "hard man" bullshít such as this is not welcome nor will it be tolerated, not in this thread thread or anywhere else in The Gentleman's Club.
    Cut it out.

That was a joke. It was situational humour, to attempt to point out what a twat the gentleman in question is. I'm anything but a "hard man". Maybe it should be added to the charter though if it's not acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That was a joke. It was situational humour, to attempt to point out what a twat the gentleman in question is. I'm anything but a "hard man". Maybe it should be added to the charter though if it's not acceptable.

While I understand you meant it as a joke, I'm telling you that that particular vein of "situational humour" as you put it is not and will not be welcome here, period.
    Duly noted about adding it to the forum Charter, what is already in the Charter is this:
    If the mod says it's off-topic, it's off-topic.
    mods will not be drawn into a back-and-forth, it-is-it-isn't argument.
    From now on, if you have a problem with a Mod warning, PM the Mod.
    DO NOT reply on thread.

Finally, the first rule in this thread is:
    (1) No chit chat
    Means NO chit chat that does not relate to Online Dating/Experiences.
    ANY post deemed to be off topic will be deleted and you may face a ban or other sanction.

Basically, from now on, if you receive a Mod Warning on thread, PM the Mod. Do not reply on thread.
    This thread is about Online Dating experiences only, post within the rules of the thread.
    Panthro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭JennyBurke101

I am going to die alone .....seriously .....I dont know if its because I am 21 ....and my age bracket just seems to be full of idiots ....or what but seriously....I have never felt as awful as I do now ....I just cant seem to win!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement