Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Follow up after a few days, if you dont chase you dont get..

If she's been online and hasn't replied then she's probably not interested. Or else playing games.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

ladylost wrote: »
    If she's been online and hasn't replied then she's probably not interested. Or else playing games.

ahh i totally agree with you there, so many time wasters and weirdo's on there..

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sees photo.
    Likes Photo.
    Spend a few minutes reading their profile.
    Think about messaging.
    Checks what they're looking for.

"Looking for friends"

Really??? On a dating sites? FUUUU!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

the_syco wrote: »
    Sees photo.
    Likes Photo.
    Spend a few minutes reading their profile.
    Think about messaging.
    Checks what they're looking for.

"Looking for friends"

Really??? On a dating sites? FUUUU!!! :pac:

looking for friends on a dating site in my opinion is like saying

Im to cool to admit I'm looking for love :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Snowie wrote: »

I'd just direct them to my other site...

www.timewasters.com :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I don't get ya.

Why do you think there's an option to look for friends if it's not allowed to be used for friends?? :confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Samich wrote: »

I don't get ya.

Why do you think there's an option to look for friends if it's not allowed to be used for friends?? :confused::confused:

Because the web designer is trying to tick every single box.... Or the sites aim is...

How ever I still believe. Dating site is a dating site... Never have I made a good friend through one... how ever I've made Tina of friends threw boards and clubs...

But a dating site there's a lot of traffic to get through :)

That's what I think and I've experienced! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭newbee22

After deleting a few weeks ago Im back again :rolleyes: Anyone want to write a profile for me? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Hopefully you'll have a better exp than the rest of us! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,208 ✭✭✭coco_lola

newbee22 wrote: »
    After deleting a few weeks ago Im back again :rolleyes: Anyone want to write a profile for me? :P

You can have mine if you want... I get told often it's one of the funniest profiles they've seen... Then they start talking about becoming my sex slave, or otherwise getting all "relationshippy" after a few messages.. Kinda negates the first point :P

• Advertisement

Because the web designer is trying to tick every single box.... Or the sites aim is...

How ever I still believe. Dating site is a dating site... Never have I made a good friend through one... how ever I've made Tina of friends threw boards and clubs...

But a dating site there's a lot of traffic to get through :)

That's what I think and I've experienced! :)

Well facebook is a social networking site but there has been cases where people have met people from facebook, or so you hear :P

If I was looking for friends I'd go on pof too. :)

So I messaged the girl again and apparantly she was asleep when I messaged her last night. hmmm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Well I've given up! Haha, back to the auld nightclubs and pubs. Happy hunting peeps.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,557 ✭✭✭GrumPy

Yay a new message!!!

Wait a sec....

dW6z1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I've hidden my profile on POF. Think it's time for a break! Can people I have been in contact with still message me if I'm hidden? I won't appear in searches anymore it says

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

ladylost wrote: »
    I've hidden my profile on POF. Think it's time for a break! Can people I have been in contact with still message me if I'm hidden? I won't appear in searches anymore it says

Lucky you......I cant "hide" mine and I want to!!

If someone that you have been in contact with before, has kept the message you sent them, they will be able to still view you. So basically if any correspondence is kept, either in the inbox or outbox, then they will be able to click and see your profile.

But for people that you have never been in contact with.....well you dont exist!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

:rolleyes:of course you will still get regular emails 'claiming' that people are trying to contact you ...

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Samich wrote: »
    I don't get ya.

Probably to increase the amount of female members, even if they're not going date any of the male members on the dating site.
    Piliger wrote: »
    :rolleyes:of course you will still get regular emails 'claiming' that people are trying to contact you ...
    Ach, at least you can read the mails, unlike some dating websites where everything is free, except the ability to read messages from other people. And by gorra, you'll get a lot of messages. Coincidently all when you ltry to eave the site... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

the_syco wrote: »

Ach, at least you can read the mails, unlike some dating websites where everything is free, except the ability to read messages from other people. And by gorra, you'll get a lot of messages. Coincidently all when you ltry to eave the site... :rolleyes:

At least it's not just me who's noticed that. I know one site in particular where when you join and before you become a full member, you get an email almost straight away. Then when your membership reverts to standard, surprisingly enough, another mail seems to arrive. Always from attractive girls too :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

Ok so, I've been at it about 2 weeks. And my god, some of the things these guys say to you is outta control. I've never had anyone come up to me in a bar/club and say 'hey sexy wanna see my €&@* ?' at least not straight outta the gates!

Yet online it's the norm! It's just funny how taking away the face to face aspect really shows ya what someone is like.
    ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

supermommy wrote: »
    Ok so, I've been at it about 2 weeks. And my god, some of the things these guys say to you is outta control. I've never had anyone come up to me in a bar/club and say 'hey sexy wanna see my €&@* ?' at least not straight outta the gates!

Yet online it's the norm! It's just funny how taking away the face to face aspect really shows ya what someone is like.
    ;)

Report it. That way pervs like that might be kicked off the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

God is it really so hard to write normal English anymore?? What is with a 29 year old writing like this in their profile:

Wel im 29 im not getn any youngr so I tot id giv dis a go n try n meet sum1 n c wat happens,hav no expectations wats ment 4 u wont pass u by,im a fun kind caren person very laid bak,lik most types of music, keepn fit n goin out at d weekends r stayn in wit a gud dvd n a chinese so il leav it at anytin y want 2 no just ask

I give up....:confused:

mood wrote: »
    supermommy wrote: »

;)

I think I'll just start sending them crazy messages back. Say I'm busy hanging from meat hooks and will message them later etc..

andreac wrote: »

I give up....:confused:

It's horrible isn't it? What has the human race come to? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Would it be easier to just leave the dating sites and let it happen,rather than trying to make it happen.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Huh? So it's just not to her taste, wouldn't warrant reporting unless it was abusive.

Northclare wrote: »
    Would it be easier to just leave the dating sites and let it happen,rather than trying to make it happen.

Why not do both? Myself, I'm not trying to force anything, just meet new people! Plus I'm an online nerd anyways. I don't get out of my cage a lot :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Huh? So it's just not to her taste, wouldn't warrant reporting unless it was abusive.

If there is nothing in here profile suggest she want casual sex and ONS then it does warrant reporting. This is not a normal, acceptable way to speak to people you don't know. Why should these creeps ruin in for everyone (men included).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

If there is nothing in here profile suggest she want casual sex and ONS then it does warrant reporting. This is not a normal, acceptable way to speak to people you don't know. Why should these creeps ruin in for everyone (men included).

There are blocking and ignore options for people you receive messages from that you did not like. Reporting a message should only be for abuse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

coco_lola wrote: »
    You can have mine if you want... I get told often it's one of the funniest profiles they've seen... Then they start talking about becoming my sex slave, or otherwise getting all "relationshippy" after a few messages.. Kinda negates the first point :P

People are offering to become your sex slave, that's a new one for sure..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement