Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

supermommy wrote: »
    Ok so, I've been at it about 2 weeks. And my god, some of the things these guys say to you is outta control. I've never had anyone come up to me in a bar/club and say 'hey sexy wanna see my €&@* ?' at least not straight outta the gates!

Yet online it's the norm! It's just funny how taking away the face to face aspect really shows ya what someone is like.
    ;)

Just on this some guy's do get there kick's from sending out pictures, and from offering to do things for women, as long as it's not terribly abuse, just block and ignore them ..

If you reply you'll open the communications and they will have a foot in your door .. persay ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I saw some girls profile last night and no word of a lie, this is what her about me section said.

"adsfjsk sdjfsnf kjdfkjsjfns kjsdbfjksbf jsdnfskjnf hsdbshbf hdfsjfdsf sasdsad"

I don't even think she had a pic up either, I think I just saw she'd looked at my profile so I decided to check her out. She's probably wondering why she's not having any luck on the site :rolleyes:

G-Money wrote: »
    I saw some girls profile last night and no word of a lie, this is what her about me section said.

"adsfjsk sdjfsnf kjdfkjsjfns kjsdbfjksbf jsdnfskjnf hsdbshbf hdfsjfdsf sasdsad"

I don't even think she had a pic up either, I think I just saw she'd looked at my profile so I decided to check her out. She's probably wondering why she's not having any luck on the site :rolleyes:

i'd actually say she's fake ..... more so ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

There are blocking and ignore options for people you receive messages from that you did not like. Reporting a message should only be for abuse.

I disagree. It's a dating site not a sex site. If someone has made it clear that they are there for dating/relationship why would they want to see a photo of some pervs genitals. And guys here have even got similar emails. It's not acceptable. Would you walk up to someone in a pub and say something like that? No. If it's not acceptable in real life it's not acceptable on a dating site.

Guys are alway complaining about how hard internet dating is here. Well, these pervs are not helping. After getting a few emails like that it makes a woman more wary and less likely to respond to someone who might have just badly chosen their words.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

You obviously have to take the bad with the good. I wouldnt report it., I'm a big girl and wouldn't find it offensive. It's just funny. I find it's usually from guys waaaaaay younger than me.

• Advertisement

supermommy wrote: »
    You obviously have to take the bad with the good. I wouldnt report it., I'm a big girl and wouldn't find it offensive. It's just funny. I find it's usually from guys waaaaaay younger than me.

I can see the funny side of it. It's the wasting my time that I won't put up with. I didn't join a dating site to see photos of naked men.

mood wrote: »
    I disagree. It's a dating site not a sex site. If someone has made it clear that they are there for dating/relationship why would they want to see a photo of some pervs genitals. And guys here have even got similar emails. It's not acceptable. Would you walk up to someone in a pub and say something like that? No. If it's not acceptable in real life it's not acceptable on a dating site.

Guys are alway complaining about how hard internet dating is here. Well, these pervs are not helping. After getting a few emails like that it makes a woman more wary and less likely to respond to someone who might have just badly chosen their words.

It's a fair point you're raising, altho most girls will reply if they are interested, it's your job to get them interested, and while i appreciate that you may run the risk of saying something that could be construed as inappropriate, try to engage them with something witty, i find it workds, even if you only get a one of two replies from each person ..

A person's mind is the sexiest organ.... altho i perfer a nice set of legs my self.. or ass. but you get my drift .. :D
    I can see the funny side of it. It's the wasting my time that I won't put up with. I didn't join a dating site to see photos of naked men.

Just wanted to add to this, block guys who are looking for NSA, and guys who have msg'd people looking for NSA ... simples..

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭supermommy

+1 for the brain! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

When I got sent random durty photos, I reported them alright. But if I got an e-mail offering to send them to me, I just blocked the person.

Sure who knows, maybe the next girl they e-mail will be into that kind of stuff (despite what it says on her profile), who am I to judge?!

When I got sent random durty photos, I reported them alright. But if I got an e-mail offering to send them to me, I just blocked the person.

Sure who knows, maybe the next girl they e-mail will be into that kind of stuff (despite what it says on her profile), who am I to judge?!

You know that old saying " it's the quiet one's you have to watch out for .... it's true .."

Not that i endorse the use of naked pic's, as i do not, as previously mentioned < fixes monocle>

• Advertisement

It's a fair point you're raising, altho most girls will reply if they are interested, it's your job to get them interested, and while i appreciate that you may run the risk of saying something that could be construed as inappropriate, try to engage them with something witty, i find it workds, even if you only get a one of two replies from each person ..

A person's mind is the sexiest organ.... altho i perfer a nice set of legs my self.. or ass. but you get my drift .. :D

Just wanted to add to this, block guys who are looking for NSA, and guys who have msg'd people looking for NSA ... simples..

I use a different site to you so don't have that option.

I don't find a message asking if I want to see a guy w*lly as witty. All it shows is immaturity and not much going on up stairs. If that is all a guy can think of to attract attention then he doesn't have much to offer.

I use a different site to you so don't have that option.

Ahh haa, well that's some what unfortunate so ..

I don't find a message asking if I want to see a guy w*lly as witty. All it shows is immaturity and not much going on up stairs. If that is all a guy can think of to attract attention then he doesn't have much to offer.

And I do agree .. perhaps you picked me up wrong, as i said it's far from witty ..

Ahh haa, well that's some what unfortunate so ..

And I do agree .. perhaps you picked me up wrong, as i said it's far from witty ..

I use a paid site as I joined a free once and it was full of perves. I only have to report one person on the paid site and blocked about five. Paid site are so much better in my opinion.

I use a paid site as I joined a free once and it was full of perves. I only have to report one person on the paid site and blocked about five. Paid site are so much better in my opinion.

I've used a few of them before, for several different things, and as mentioned previously on here, they attempt to trick you with fake e-mail's to get you to pay to join, and rejoin when you leave,, magical hot women are waiting to talk to you now... call 1890 ... sound familiar

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's not abuse.

Another tip for girls on dating sites. If you are going to put up pictures with other people in them too, put a caption to say which person you are. I've seen several profiles where a girl has a pic with a friend or sister or something and you can't tell which girl is the one with the profile. Some people can look very different from photo to photo and sometimes they say their hair is colour X on the profile but in the pic it's colour Y which just adds to the confusion.

I've seen one profile repeatedly and I still don't know which girl in the pic the profile is for!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

G-Money wrote: »
    Another tip for girls on dating sites. If you are going to put up pictures with other people in them too, put a caption to say which person you are. I've seen several profiles where a girl has a pic with a friend or sister or something and you can't tell which girl is the one with the profile. Some people can look very different from photo to photo and sometimes they say their hair is colour X on the profile but in the pic it's colour Y which just adds to the confusion.

I've seen one profile repeatedly and I still don't know which girl in the pic the profile is for!

Same goes for guys, ive seen loads of profiles with pics that have 4 or 5 people in it, are you supposed to guess which one they are??

Also, which i thought was bit weird, some guy who i clicked on, which i saw after was looking for Intimate Encounter, had a picture with him and a little girl in it, thought that was bit odd :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

I would suggest another tip for girls is to not post up pics only taken in the pub/on a night out with a drink in the hand.

I would suggest another tip for girls is to not post up pics only taken in the pub/on a night out with a drink in the hand.

Hard to beat the old favourite - crossing their eyes, with their tongue either sticking out of their mouths/sticking into their cheek with a drink in hand.

Amazingly enough, I don't find that much of a turn on :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Yeah the drink in the hand and arms wrapped around some jock is a turn off for me.
    Nothing wrong with it but it just don't float my boat LOL
    I would prefer to date the arty earthy types myself but have loads of classy women as friends....

• Advertisement

I've used a few of them before, for several different things, and as mentioned previously on here, they attempt to trick you with fake e-mail's to get you to pay to join, and rejoin when you leave,, magical hot women are waiting to talk to you now... call 1890 ... sound familiar

No. That hasn't been my experience at all.

No. That hasn't been my experience at all.

Could be site dependant .. mind if i ask where you hang out ?

andreac wrote: »
    Same goes for guys, ive seen loads of profiles with pics that have 4 or 5 people in it, are you supposed to guess which one they are??

Also, which i thought was bit weird, some guy who i clicked on, which i saw after was looking for Intimate Encounter, had a picture with him and a little girl in it, thought that was bit odd :confused:

Odd alright. I think isn't not right to put photo of other people on a dating site. They might not want it there.

The problem is most photo are taken on night out or special occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Do you mind if I ask which site and if you find it worth joining? I think a paid site might be a better option for me at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

The problem is most photo are taken on night out or special occasions.

Or most special occasions are nights out perhaps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Northclare

Anotherfriend is the best site.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭randox

I have been on AF for 2 weeks as a standard member. Wednesday night the site was very slow and I kept getting server error messages. Suddenly I received an email saying I was a Premium member. This puzzled me because I didn't click anything to upgrade. (I was on early last year so they must still have my credit card info.)

Has this happened to anyone else? I have emailed them requesting an explanation and refund but haven't heard back. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

Northclare wrote: »
    Anotherfriend is the best site.

my dad is a member of that site :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

randox wrote: »
    I have been on AF for 2 weeks as a standard member. Wednesday night the site was very slow and I kept getting server error messages. Suddenly I received an email saying I was a Premium member. This puzzled me because I didn't click anything to upgrade. (I was on early last year so they must still have my credit card info.)

Has this happened to anyone else? I have emailed them requesting an explanation and refund but haven't heard back. :confused:

Have you checked if you've been charged?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement