Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Is this still going on? So he canceled a date, big deal. There's plenty more fish in the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

I agree, however this thread topic isn't about my attitude & perception, it's about online dating.

It is. And a big part of it is throwing out some tips that people might find useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Hmmm, since delving back into POF things have been moving along interestingly.
    The dominoes are falling like a house of cards - checkmate.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Actually, just checked my junk mail folder and I got a bunch of messages on anotherfriend.com. Although to be honest they're all very generic "Hi, how are you?" "I'm new to this site, any craic?" messages from profiles with no pictures/info on them. Methinks it could be staff accounts trying to draw people back to the site? It feels like a money making racket. You can't do anything on the site without being bombarded by popup adverts trying to get you to become a premium member.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,117 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Galvasean wrote: »
    Actually, just checked my junk mail folder and I got a bunch of messages on anotherfriend.com. Although to be honest they're all very generic "Hi, how are you?" "I'm new to this site, any craic?" messages from profiles with no pictures/info on them. Methinks it could be staff accounts trying to draw people back to the site? It feels like a money making racket. You can't do anything on the site without being bombarded by popup adverts trying to get you to become a premium member.

I'm sure they all look like Mila

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,227 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

It used to be a great site back in the day but I haven't used it in quite a while. Signed back in a few months ago but I was clearly unimpressed as I haven't been back. That and maybefriends just seem like a pile of poop.
    My head hurts after reading this :D - does this mean you are playing games? They are playing games? You are winning the game? I'm assuming it is positive anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Hmmm, since delving back into POF things have been moving along interestingly.

Good ol' cap'n Brannigan!

See, GS. I told you the girls love c*ck photos.

Aquila wrote: »
    The paid sites are very expensive,is the OD experience with match better than POF on the account of it been paid membership?

That's a good question, but I'm not going to bother paying for something that I can get for free. Although doesn't Match guarantee that if you don't find someone after 6 months you get the next 6 months free? Somebody told me there's less time wasters on the paid sites but the pickings are slim.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

ok hellfireclub and riveratom, drop it please. or take it to PM.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 missmoleman

Hi Guys,

Just looking for suggestions of paid dating websites, in particular the most popular ones in Ireland in terms of numbers?

http://www.anotherfriend.com Looks pretty popular, any other ones I should consider?

Am helping a friend who's had limited success on POF, so thought I'd might be worth trying a couple of paid for options also, in that there may be more serious daters there.

Thanks!

I was chatting to a girl on POF for a while and we were getting on great. Everything was going well until she found out I was a Man Utd fan, and then she suddenly wanted nothing to do with me. :rolleyes: Quite the deal breaker is seems.

Things are looking good on OKC though. I might have a date for the weekend if I play my cards right. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

Met someone from the interwebs on the weekend... went so well we agreed to date #2 before date #1 had finished :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

Ok, MAYBE a date on Thu:)

Agreed to meet halfway. Anybody from Newbridge pls pm me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Ok so an update from me. I met someone for a coffee last Friday and within 24 hours I had been told that they really like me and wanted to meet up again to very suddenly being told on Saturday afternoon that they were chatting to someone else. I took this as looking for a bit of a reaction and just said ok, best of luck. Anyway, fast forward to Sunday and I get a hello. To cut a long story short, she asked if she had messed things up and went on to explain that she pushes people away who she really likes. I explained my own position, very laid back, didnt judge her, but I asked her what she would have thought if things had been the other way around. She said she wouldn't have been very happy. So, on the face of it I should probably be putting this one down to experience but although she seems a little crazy, she isn't stupid and seems a bit quirky. I should also add she isn't Irish so this kind of adds to the confusion. Anyway, its been suggested here that the "message" can get lost by text/messaging so I suggested we meet again, so we are.

Am I being nice and understanding for someone who may have been a little nervous? Or am I ignoring obvious warning signs and should I really be parking this one?

And are all women a little crazy and neurotic?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Ok so an update from me. I met someone for a coffee last Friday and within 24 hours I had been told that they really like me and wanted to meet up again to very suddenly being told on Saturday afternoon that they were chatting to someone else. I took this as looking for a bit of a reaction and just said ok, best of luck. Anyway, fast forward to Sunday and I get a hello. To cut a long story short, she asked if she had messed things up and went on to explain that she pushes people away who she really likes. I explained my own position, very laid back, didnt judge her, but I asked her what she would have thought if things had been the other way around. She said she wouldn't have been very happy. So, on the face of it I should probably be putting this one down to experience but although she seems a little crazy, she isn't stupid and seems a bit quirky. I should also add she isn't Irish so this kind of adds to the confusion. Anyway, its been suggested here that the "message" can get lost by text/messaging so I suggested we meet again, so we are.

Am I being nice and understanding for someone who may have been a little nervous? Or am I ignoring obvious warning signs and should I really be parking this one?

I'd say give the benefit of the doubt man and play it by ear :)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭fibix

Or am I ignoring obvious warning signs and should I really be parking this one?

I don't think so.

Yes:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

Ok so an update from me.

The last 5 seconds of this clip is what comes to mind here!

The last 5 seconds of this clip is what comes to mind here!

:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement

:confused::confused::confused:

As in time's up, next!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

To cut a long story short, she asked if she had messed things up and went on to explain that she pushes people away who she really likes.

I'd have to say that's a lot of drama considering you barely know each other. But I suppose there's no harm in giving her the benefit of the doubt once, if you like her.

And not all women are crazy and neurotic although when I read some of the stories in this thread, I do wonder...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

...on the face of it I should probably be putting this one down to experience but although she seems a little crazy....Am I being nice and understanding for someone who may have been a little nervous?...

I think the fair thing is to give her benefit of the doubt. However, as much as I like quirky, there's a difference between quirky and drama. I've had a lot of similar encounters over the years and I hope this is the exception to the rule. Put your own feelings first from here on in.

Yes, I think I'll see how it goes tomorrow over coffee and make a decision then.

In other news, someone else (also not Irish!) has agreed to meet up later this week. She seems really nice, but I'm guessing she probably wants to get married and move in immediately.

:D

I just found a mail in my inbox from what I can only call a stunner, that I was chatting to last weekend, asking me out for a drink. Am waiting for Jeremy Beadle to come through the door here to tell me 'tis a wind up! Better start taking the happy pills haha so we don't have a repeat of last weekend! :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Finally managed to ask what the story was with myself and the guy I've been dating. I was worried he was losing interest. He's not, and we've established that we're not seeing other people :) Only thing is the distance, so we're gonna see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I was chatting to a girl on POF for a while and we were getting on great. Everything was going well until she found out I was a Man Utd fan, and then she suddenly wanted nothing to do with me. :rolleyes: Quite the deal breaker is seems.

Things are looking good on OKC though. I might have a date for the weekend if I play my cards right. :)

Would be a deal breaker for me too.......g'wan the Arsenal!

All the best with your date.

I just found a mail in my inbox from what I can only call a stunner, that I was chatting to last weekend, asking me out for a drink. Am waiting for Jeremy Beadle to come through the door here to tell me 'tis a wind up! Better start taking the happy pills haha so we don't have a repeat of last weekend! :D:D:D:D

Eh.....I wouldn't worry about Jeremy Beadle coming through anyone's door :-P

• Advertisement

Ankhyu wrote: »
    Finally managed to ask what the story was with myself and the guy I've been dating. I was worried he was losing interest. He's not, and we've established that we're not seeing other people :) Only thing is the distance, so we're gonna see how it goes.

How long is the distance? I'm over 100km from the girl I was dating on Sunday and wouldn't see this as a major obstacle. Even though we are both busy, she doesn't drive, and she isn't Irish!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement