Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

KTRIC wrote: »
    Have a coffee date this evening, I'm very nervous :(

Thankfully it went well, never been nervous before a date before :confused:

She was lovely and by the looks of it I might see her again. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I can see what you mean about people being in different moods at any one time, but surly a funny message thats a bit random but makes you smile would more likely catch your attention. (maby thats where im going wrong, my username will be my demise :D:D)

That better have been intentional...

Psst, when girls say, "If you want to know anything just ask!" what is expected from a guy here? Because all I can think of is, "Boxers or briefs?"
    That and,

edit: and a pet peeve of mine is profiles that refuse to divulge any information about themselves, citing "then what would we talk about on a date?!". Do they have such low expectations from people that they cannot formulate a conversation that stretches beyond very basic details?
    How obvious is it that I'm bored right now?

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

Galvasean wrote: »
    That better have been intentional...

Now thats what im talking bout!! Class :D:D

I still dont get why a girl wouldnt like a funny message, who wants some Carl Pilkinton mailing her (although he is funny, you couldnt tell that through a message)

And there is definitly some of them out there..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Got a number from a girl on POF. Called her the other night and it was one of the most awkward, stilted, forced conversations I've ever had. Doesn't bode well.

• Advertisement

G-Money wrote: »
    Got a number from a girl on POF. Called her the other night and it was one of the most awkward, stilted, forced conversations I've ever had. Doesn't bode well.

Maby she was shy though, some girls can be shy on the phone aswell. Them auwkward silences seem to go on for ever yet in your head your screaming at yourself "say something funny, say something funny" before you know it the silences are getting longer untill you hear ok bye... thats it ruined.

She might be lovely and just didnt know what to say on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Maby she was shy though, some girls can be shy on the phone aswell. Them auwkward silences seem to go on for ever yet in your head your screaming at yourself "say something funny, say something funny" before you know it the silences are getting longer untill you hear ok bye... thats it ruined.

Yeah will see how it goes. I haven't text'd her since or called and neither has she so will play it by ear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Yeah will see how it goes. I haven't text'd her since or called and neither has she so will play it by ear.

I wouldn't worry yet. I am much less nervous when I'm actually with the girl than when I'm on the phone to be honest.

She could have had people near her so she didn't want to say too much or was a bit embarrassed who knows.

Also on the Facebook group.....sounds like a FANTASTIC idea!

Well all i can say is from my own experience and im pretty shy, and i can come across really odd on the phone, especially if i like someone. I usually come away kicking myself. Im hoping someone will be able to see past my shyness :D

If you liked her then No harm in dropping her a text though. If she felt the same then she you will know by her response.

I'd be another one of the people who can be quite awkward on the phone. not just re: dating and such. In most things. I can never seem to remember anything when on the phone. I'd say I come across as being extremely scatter brained.

• Advertisement

I wouldn't worry yet. I am much less nervous when I'm actually with the girl than when I'm on the phone to be honest.

She could have had people near her so she didn't want to say too much or was a bit embarrassed who knows.

Also on the Facebook group.....sounds like a FANTASTIC idea!

This is a good point, if she was afraid of someone overhearing her then this would also make her quiet, ive had a guy hang up on me and call me a player for that very same situation, even though i knew him well.

You have five minutes to make a good impression, and with the phone its kinda make or break situation.

BOOB alert!!

Lads get on "Meet me" and have a look at the newbies. First time I've seen a profile photo of a woman with her Tatianas out!

• Registered Users Posts: 22 MizzWolfie

A Facebook group sounds like a great idea. Could have some kinda codename only known to those who frequent this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭magneticimpulse

Back to online dating it is for me...last time I thought I got really lucky and met a great guy via online dating. Was going great for 3 months but fizzled out/no chemistry ;( . Might be good friends in the long run, which if that works out will be a good thing...

Sure giving it a go, it's nice distraction anyway. Really thought I'd cracked the whole online dating game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Back to online dating it is for me...last time I thought I got really lucky and met a great guy via online dating. Was going great for 3 months but fizzled out/no chemistry ;( . Might be good friends in the long run, which if that works out will be a good thing...

Sure giving it a go, it's nice distraction anyway. Really thought I'd cracked the whole online dating game

Really sorry to hear that. Hope you're doing okay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

miamee wrote: »
    Oooooh, POF has a new feature where you rate photos. It's not a thing of rating people's looks though. You get options:
    'Approve'
    'Reject/Delete'
    'Shirtless Photo/Delete'
    'Nude/Delete'
    'Cartoon/Delete'
    'Needs Cropping'

Based on what many of the ladies are saying on thread, the third and fourth option may come in very handy indeed!
    First picture it shows me is of a bicycle. Second is a flower. Dafug???

Sounds like they are looking for members to do quality checks on the photos so they don't have to. Remember when you'd have to wait for your photo to bre approved before it would appear on a profile? (not on POF, can't remember which ones now tbh)
    That feature has been available for at least a year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭HellFireClub

By in large I find people who actively hide their appearance like that are doing it for no other reason than they are physically unattractive.
    Or else are married or in a committed relationship of some sort & looking for a brief sexual encounter & obviously can't be seen on a dating site...

Or else are married or in a committed relationship of some sort & looking for a brief sexual encounter & obviously can't be seen on a dating site...

jeez i didnt think of that either. I think im to gulable for this online dating lark!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Lads - a very basic Tumblr blog that I am trying to link to an appropriate Facebook page so you can choose whichever one you like to view OD messages. Having a mental block on an appropriate name. If you have any messages you want to add, PM the text to me until I can think of a better way to do it :)

I have added a few of my own to get the ball rolling...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

miamee wrote: »
    Lads - a very basic Tumblr blog that I am trying to link to an appropriate Facebook page so you can choose whichever one you like to view OD messages. Having a mental block on an appropriate name. If you have any messages you want to add, PM the text to me until I can think of a better way to do it :)

I have added a few of my own to get the ball rolling...

Good work!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

I have a date arranged for Tuesday night - meeting for a drink. Hope it goes well, obviously!

Hmm. How do you report a user on POF? I know how to block, but not report.

Some girl (albeit a hot one!) sent me a message saying 'Hi! Interested in girls?' followed by a few nudes. :pac::pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Some girl (albeit a hot one!) sent me a message saying 'Hi! Interested in girls?' followed by a few nudes. :pac::pac:

On the desktop version it is at the very bottom of their profile page - not sure about the app though if that is what you are using.

Thanks, miamee! Done. :)

You lucky lucky thing!! Any chance of uploading them onto the Facebook page?

I'm really not gonna violate somebody's privacy like that, even if they were violating my eyes by sending them to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,039 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I'm really not gonna violate somebody's privacy like that, even if they were violating my eyes by sending them to me.
    No lesbian violation. Ok, got it!

I hate talking on the phone, even to people I know. Too many awkward silences and in those silences there's no way to tell what the other person's thinking/feeling.
    If I'm talking to someone I prefer it to be face to face. Or even by text/mail where you can actually think about what's been said and not the same awkwardness in ending the conversation.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Just a quick question for you guys; I met up with a girl from POF last week and it went pretty well. I mean, we chatted for about 5 hours in the pub, no awkward silences or anything, lots of things in common, and then she invited me back to her's for another drink. We kissed and I ended up sleeping in her bed (clothed), but there was no sex.

She told me she thought I was hot (ok, when we were drunk) and when I texted her afterwards asking whether she'd like to hang out again she said 'absolutely!'.

I tried to arrange something on Tuesday for the weekend but never got a reply. What do you think I should do from here? I don't want to bug her if she's busy or whatever, but she did seem fairly into me.
    I just get the feeling that maybe she's out of my league because her place was amazing and she drives a great car and has a cool job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Just a quick question for you guys; I met up with a girl from POF last week and it went pretty well. I mean, we chatted for about 5 hours in the pub, no awkward silences or anything, lots of things in common, and then she invited me back to her's for another drink. We kissed and I ended up sleeping in her bed (clothed), but there was no sex.

She told me she thought I was hot (ok, when we were drunk) and when I texted her afterwards asking whether she'd like to hang out again she said 'absolutely!'.

I tried to arrange something on Tuesday for the weekend but never got a reply. What do you think I should do from here? I don't want to bug her if she's busy or whatever, but she did seem fairly into me.
    I just get the feeling that maybe she's out of my league because her place was amazing and she drives a great car and has a cool job.

Don't think this way please - self-sabotage is the enemy of dating.

For all the superficial trappings of wealth you can bet your hot girl has the same insecurities as everyone else.

Just get in touch, arrange to see her again and just keep doing what you're doing minus the internal negative vibes. You know it makes sense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,799 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

That's probably not a good idea.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement