Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    She sounded a bit hungover. Maybe I should have waited until tomorrow. Feck, I hope I haven't ruined my chances now, because she's fair hot!!!

Did I read that properly? You phoned her, she was extremely rude and you're worried you've ruined your chances??
    So basically if she's hot she can treat you whatever way she likes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Feck, I hope I haven't ruined my chances now, because she's fair hot!!!

You mean you're still interested in someone who was that rude to you? :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

A girl on POF gave me her number yesterday. When I rang her today she told me to fu*k off! Charming.

Any chance her friends could have set up the account and gave you her number. Could have been getting a lot of calls.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Did I read that properly? You phoned her, she was extremely rude and you're worried you've ruined your chances??
    So basically if she's hot she can treat you whatever way she likes?

I wouldn't go that far, but you'd be surprised what some guys will put up with for a hot woman.
    Prick! wrote: »
    Any chance her friends could have set up the account and gave you her number. Could have been getting a lot of calls.

I think this is more likely the case. There are a few fake profiles on it. I was wondering why Georgia Salpa was on it a while ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Some guy messaged me earlier saying 'Hi, how are you?' I ignored it because aside from the fact that it was pretty evident that he didn't read my profile, there were also no pics on his profile and very little information.

Just now, he messaged me again - 'Ring me quick for a 20 euro top up for your phone, no gimmets.' GIMMET. WHAT? I presume he meant 'gimmick.' I just said 'Sorry mate, I'm bill pay.' Maybe he'll offer to pay my bill for me. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Messaged a girl today. Now I'm blocked. Nice. Didn't have to send her my mickey or anything.

Interesting (and by interesting I mean ANNOYING!) glitch I've just noticed on POF. Went to message a girl but my account must have timed out and logged me out so when I hit send I had to log in again. Upon re-logging in I was taken to a new send message screen. I only noticed now that when this happens the reciprocant field is empty so you are sending a message to no one (I confirmed this by checking my sent messages folder). I'm annoyed now as this has happened to me many times and I didn't even realise what was happening. :mad:
    Thanks POF - punishing people for taking their time when composing messages...

Galvasean wrote: »
    Interesting (and by interesting I mean ANNOYING!) glitch I've just noticed on POF. Went to message a girl but my account must have timed out and logged me out so when I hit send I had to log in again. Upon re-logging in I was taken to a new send message screen. I only noticed now that when this happens the reciprocant field is empty so you are sending a message to no one (I confirmed this by checking my sent messages folder). I'm annoyed now as this has happened to me many times and I didn't even realise what was happening. :mad:
    Thanks POF - punishing people for taking their time when composing messages...

This has happened to me loads of times - anytime I write a long message, actually.

I don't know what browser you're using, but when I use either Firefox or Opera, when it logs me out, I hit the back button, the message is still in the text box so I copy it then hit forward, log in, go back into my messages and just paste my reply.

Bit awkward, but it's handier than re-writing everything!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Messaged a girl today. Now I'm blocked. Nice. Didn't have to send her my mickey or anything.

:D:D:D

You've a great sense of humour. Although my initial reaction when I read this was that you were getting so desperate that you were thinking of sending your actual mickey to someone.

:D

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I don't know what browser you're using, but when I use either Firefox or Opera, when it logs me out, I hit the back button, the message is still in the text box so I copy it then hit forward, log in, go back into my messages and just paste my reply.

Bit awkward, but it's handier than re-writing everything!

I'm on Firefox. I do that too. Just be sure to check that their username is in the 'to' section.
    Man, I'm actually raging over how man messages I have 'lost' in this fashion. What a waste.

In other news, got a profile view from a gal I mailed two weeks ago. She must have had some serious message back log! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

Lads how do you deal with being better looking in photos than in real life? I think i'm one of them people!

EdenHazard wrote: »
    Lads how do you deal with being better looking in photos than in real life? I think i'm one of them people!

Hmmm, that's a tricky one. Maybe upload a photo where you don't look your best so people can see the scope/range of your appearance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭enviro

Blow them away with your personality and confidence. Looks will only get you so far in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

What makes you think that your better looking in photo's than in real life

I think im skinnier in photo's than in real life which is quiet odd

Hmmm, that's a tricky one. Maybe upload a photo where you don't look your best so people can see the scope/range of your appearance?

This. I look better in photos than in real life, so I upload a couple now where I don't look my best, because it gives a more accurate indication of what I look like.

Upload plenty of pics if possible... will give the viewers a better chance to "make their judgement". As others have said you can look different in a variety of pics.

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

An update on the guy who i wanted to message but was scared by his intelligence...

i messaged him... tried to be funny and charming...
    viewed my profile....
    no reply :(
    knew he was out of my league lol shouldve just went with my gut instinct and not bothered! Roll on my next victim :D

Whats with talking to someone for a while, great convo...seems to be going well they say they like you etc then nothing all of a sudden!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

An update on the guy who i wanted to message but was scared by his intelligence...

i messaged him... tried to be funny and charming...
    viewed my profile....
    no reply :(
    knew he was out of my league lol shouldve just went with my gut instinct and not bothered! Roll on my next victim :D

Whats with talking to someone for a while, great convo...seems to be going well they say they like you etc then nothing all of a sudden!

You should never put yourself down. I am sure you are a lot prettier/more intelligent than you think. His loss really. You will meet Mr. Right sooner or later. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

:D:D:D

You've a great sense of humour. Although my initial reaction when I read this was that you were getting so desperate that you were thinking of sending your actual mickey to someone.

:D

Have you ever been on chatroulette? Every second person is a Micky.

knew he was out of my league lol shouldve just went with my gut instinct and not bothered!

2 points:
    1 - At least you can say you tried. If he doesn't mail back that's his problem. Like they say he wouldn't have replied if you didn't mail him so you haven't lost anything.
    2 - There is no league. Have you seen the guy Charlize theron is going out with! :eek:

Usually means they've found someone they like better. Happens constantly. Better they do it at the messaging point than the dating point I guess.

• Advertisement

I would class that as ignorance, not replying or having the decency to be honest with you, of course it's easier just to cut contact, don't agree with it though.
    I think some people would just rather not reply than have to let down the other party.
    Regarding the change from saying they like you to then nothing... hard to say what it could be. They have been lying, gone away for a holiday or just got rumbled by a partner. One of life's mysteries I'm afraid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Was having mixed results in the OD world. Unexpectedly got a real life date in the real world. When you least expect it eh........?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I'm taking the plunge and going for this myself.

Are the sites global or national ones? I'm living in Spain so am wondering should I try look for a Spanish one or will the other ones have people from here up there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭EdenHazard

tagged is pretty good dude!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I'm back to POF. Have had a few months away from it as I was seeing someone but back to being single so unhid my profile earlier and updated it a little. I see a lot of the same guys on it. Fingers crossed for more success this time.

In other news, got a profile view from a gal I mailed two weeks ago. She must have had some serious message back log! :eek:

And another one! I changed my profile pic today. That must be the catalyst.
    Lads, change your profilers to a pic of you wearing asuit, pronto! Women will look at you! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

enviro wrote: »
    I think some people would just rather not reply than have to let down the other party.
    In Online Dating I think it's the best way to go; I replied to a girl once thanking her for the message but she wasn't really my type.. cue follow-up questions like 'Well, what is your type?'. It's best just to leave the can of worms closed.

In Online Dating I think it's the best way to go; I replied to a girl once thanking her for the message but she wasn't really my type.. cue follow-up questions like 'Well, what is your type?'. It's best just to leave the can of worms closed.

Yeah it is an approach that is popular for sure and defo the way to go if you want to avoid any potential confrontation but the context of my comment was that they had exchanged numerous messages and he had said that he liked her... then nothing.

In my book it is an odd way to conclude things considering they were already getting on.

I do agree with your point about it being easier not to reply to the first message if you are not interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

And another one! I changed my profile pic today. That must be the catalyst.
    Lads, change your profilers to a pic of you wearing asuit, pronto! Women will look at you! :eek:

Grand idea, Galvasean!

The ladies obviously like a man in a suit.

Suave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

I had a date yesterday and it was awkward hell because we had nothing in common . At least we had the good sense to pull the plug on it early and not mess around . So thats one more down and plenty more to have a look through :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement