Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

Galvasean wrote: »
    Apparently so! Or maybe I'm just an oddball. I have plenty of friends so I don't think I'm socially retarded or anything, but relationships are a weird one for me. Haven't had a relationship that lasted more than a few months (mid 20s now) and in the grand scheme of things even those are quite rare. I do see friends/people in my age bracket who are in long term ones and/or have been in such quite frequently since their early 20s and wonder how they do it and think it would be nice to be in such a situation. A mystery I say! But I'm rambling now...

Im the same.i dont get it!!i think im a nice person but guys tend to see it as me being "too into them" or whatever maybe.all i want is to meet someone nice,decent and a good laugh and see where that goes.im not asking for much.jesus!!haha :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

you wha? wrote: »

Im the same.i dont get it!!i think im a nice person but guys tend to see it as me being "too into them" or whatever maybe.all i want is to meet someone nice,decent and a good laugh and see where that goes.im not asking for much.jesus!!haha :rolleyes:

Or perhaps you are being plagued with lads who wont tell you the truth ? they only want one thing and wont fess up nice and early ..

Of course you could be a bunny boiler, who's knows..

Or perhaps you are being plagued with lads who wont tell you the truth ? they only want one thing and wont fess up nice and early ..

The cheek!i aint no bunny boiler thank u :P
    i suppose there is an element of "i only want one thing" from some guys but some guys ive been with aint like that.the last guy i was seeing(ended this week actually!)i had been with nearly two months and he was very respectful of me in that regard but things ended because of stuff in his past rearing its ugly head.im friends with a good few of my exes so i know im an ok person but i just dont know how i cant make things last longer than a few months?!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I'm pretty sure a lot of the guys who online dating who's status says "Looking for a relationship" is anything but.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Larianne wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure a lot of the guys who online dating who's status says "Looking for a relationship" is anything but.

Mine says that, and I also changed my "Do you want children" question to "Yes". I'm sure that will scare off even more women :pac:

So many of them have "looking to date but nothing serious" which I find a huge turn-off as it makes me think they're just after some casual thing and plan to ditch you as soon as they think someone better has come along.

• Advertisement

The cheek!i aint no bunny boiler thank u :P
    i suppose there is an element of "i only want one thing" from some guys but some guys ive been with aint like that.the last guy i was seeing(ended this week actually!)i had been with nearly two months and he was very respectful of me in that regard but things ended because of stuff in his past rearing its ugly head.im friends with a good few of my exes so i know im an ok person but i just dont know how i cant make things last longer than a few months?!

Sorry i wasnt implying you were, ( i know your laughing about it also ) just in case the other see what i said and thing " Omg look at the filthy fecker implying she a BB.. he's got some nerve" - you can maybe read that last line out in a miss's brown kinda voice..

So you're stuck on a few months, and one of the other girls here i stuck on 3 date's ...life's pretty simple for me .. in case anybody wanted to know

Sorry i wasnt implying you were, ( i know your laughing about it also ) just in case the other see what i said and thing " Omg look at the filthy fecker implying she a BB.. he's got some nerve" - you can maybe read that last line out in a miss's brown kinda voice..

So you're stuck on a few months, and one of the other girls here i stuck on 3 date's ...life's pretty simple for me .. in case anybody wanted to know

apology accepted!!so ur single eh? ;) haha i jest! stuck is the word id use alright....boo!!! :(

G-Money wrote: »
    So many of them have "looking to date but nothing serious" which I find a huge turn-off as it makes me think they're just after some casual thing and plan to ditch you as soon as they think someone better has come along.

That's a funny one isn't it? I think people use that because the "Looking for a relationship" one is a bit scary. Can't win with this online dating thing at all! :cool: :pac:

That's a funny one isn't it? I think people use that because the "Looking for a relationship" one is a bit scary. Can't win with this online dating thing at all! :cool: :pac:

F*** it, maybe I'll just change it to "Wants to get married" for the craic haha :D

totally agree!!If u put down "looking for a relationship" people see it as a bad thing.end of the day most of us using OD, thats what we are looking for!!oh the politics of it all :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

F*** it, maybe I'll just change it to "Wants to get married" for the craic haha :D

It should be "Looking to date, see how it goes and then take it from there. Yah? Cool. Message me so!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

It should be "Looking to date, see how it goes and then take it from there.

Deffo. There's no middle ground between 'nothing serious' and full blown 'looking for relationship". I imagine both could be off putting to people.

I had a woman who was 40 email me. She seemed nice enough but she's 5 years older than me and her profile said she wants children. Kind of puts you under a bit of pressure from the get go!

apology accepted!!so ur single eh? ;) haha i jest! stuck is the word id use alright....boo!!! :(

ahh single yes, but i'll fill you in .. via pm.. god ye have dirty mind here ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 160 ✭✭R019912

I had a woman who was 40 email me. She seemed nice enough but she's 5 years older than me and her profile said she wants children. Kind of puts you under a bit of pressure from the get go!

I had a 38 year old solicitor email me saying she was horny. I'm 21 :confused:

R019912 wrote: »
    I had a 38 year old solicitor email me saying she was horny. I'm 21 :confused:

She's prob fake .i've taken to checking all images i get several times via tineye .... you'd be surprised at how many look real ..

She's prob fake .i've taken to checking all images i get several times via tineye .... you'd be surprised at how many look real ..

Yeah I reckon she's defo fake. This wasn't on one of the "traditional" dating sites that are often referenced on this thread. It was on a website called Tagged. (Stay away from it if you know what's good for you :P)

R019912 wrote: »
    Yeah I reckon she's defo fake. This wasn't on one of the "traditional" dating sites that are often referenced on this thread. It was on a website called Tagged. (Stay away from it if you know what's good for you :P)

If i recall tagged wasnt original a dating website, it was facebook variant, mainly aimed at teenagers .. however it seem as if it was bough out, and subsequently went to pot ..

If i recall tagged wasnt original a dating website, it was facebook variant, mainly aimed at teenagers .. however it seem as if it was bough out, and subsequently went to pot ..

Yup that's true. Most people use it to get their bit. No idea why I'm on it as I'm not into gettin my bit and feckin off. And to make matters worse my ex who Im barely over keeps lookin at my page every few days. Fairly annoying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

I dunno why we are having such bad luck! It seems that there are a lot of time wasters on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭miaowsky

It should be "Looking to date, see how it goes and then take it from there. Yah? Cool. Message me so!" :D

Haha I do love that...might change my tagline to that :)

In the spirit of changing things I may as well change my username to 3dategirl or soemthing along the lines of that!
    Varied wrote: »
    I dunno why we are having such bad luck! It seems that there are a lot of time wasters on it.

Sooo many time wasters, but y'know I still have faith in it. I've gotten a couple of my single females to sign up for POF so lads there's an influx of singles ladies for ye ;)

miaowsky wrote: »
    In the spirit of changing things I may as well change my username to 3dategirl or soemthing along the lines of that!

what did i tell you about the 3rd date's the other night, if you change your name to "3dategirl" it'll attract the wrong kind of attention :p

I dunno why we are having such bad luck!

Think you answered your own question ;)
    It seems that there are a lot of time wasters on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Pretty much. The Hot Girl is steadfast in her resolve to show how beneath this site and all whom frequent it are to her! When they are not ignoring IM's and emails, they are uploading their latest alluring self photos which shows off not only their considerable physical features, but also the make and model of their digital camera

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I started talking to a guy on POF a few days ago.

He told me he loved me last night.

We've never met. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

Novella wrote: »

LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 29,022 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You sure you didn't just misunderstand "lol" :p

I've been looking at POF and plan on joining. After reading here, I'm just expecting to be inundated with messages since I'll be fresh meat. And while I'm in this wee fantasy world of mine, I may as well go and win the lotto while I'm at it.

Running would be a good idea...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

But... I love him too!

Nah, I'm kidding. I've ran.

• Advertisement

Was he messing? Like did he say "I think I love you" after you said something such as "I love Die hard, making lasagne and hate shopping?" :D

How? I mean.. wut? :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement