Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Larianne wrote: »
    Was he messing? Like did he say "I think I love you" after you said something such as "I love Die hard, making lasagne and hate shopping?" :D

How? I mean.. wut? :confused:

He said, "Hey Novella?" except he used my real name, and I said, "Yeah?", to which he replied, "I love you".

Earlier on he'd told me he thought I was someone he could fall in love with. Just... whaaaaaaaaat?

I always get the crazies. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Novella wrote: »
    But... I love him too!

Nah, I'm kidding. I've ran.

When's the big day out ? i need to order my top hat now !!
    Was he messing? Like did he say "I think I love you" after you said something such as "I love Die hard, making lasagne and hate shopping?" :D

How? I mean.. wut? :confused:

I like to slip it in after the lasagne ... :eek:

Maybe he's just lonely, or perhaps it was a missunderstanding, what if instead of " I love you" he typed in " I love it when you talk to me about movie's, what you do in the kitchen, and shoe shopping" , but accidently said " I love you"

Or !! it could have been sarcastic .. .. as in the example above..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

I like to slip it in after the lasagne ...

FNARR FNARR!!!! Ahem :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

He said, "Hey Novella?" except he used my real name, and I said, "Yeah?", to which he replied, "I love you".

Earlier on he'd told me he thought I was someone he could fall in love with. Just... whaaaaaaaaat?

Oh. After reading the "someone he could fall in love with" bit, I would have said "nice chatting with ya but erm, that's a bit quick for me" or blocked him, depending on the vibes I was getting.

Feckin eejit.

Oh. After reading the "someone he could fall in love with" bit, I would have said "nice chatting with ya but erm, that's a bit quick for me" or blocked him, depending on the vibes I was getting.

Feckin eejit.

It's awful but I was really giving this guy a chance 'cause, quite frankly, he was HOT! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

I get the sex perverts....ive been offered a threesome twice by two different guys

and the nice guys dont seem to like me and the guy i really like lives in germany and havent seen him in over a year...this having feelings thing is bull!! :(

It's awful but I was really giving this guy a chance 'cause, quite frankly, he was HOT! :rolleyes:

wimmen ye are all the same judging us fella's on looks as opposed to profile length , I for one an sick of it :rolleyes:

I get the sex perverts....ive been offered a threesome twice by two different guys

and the nice guys dont seem to like me and the guy i really like lives in germany and havent seen him in over a year...this having feelings thing is bull!! :(

Oh don't worry, I get 'sexy' messages too! Have a read of this beauty :

"We decide to meet for a drink after chattin online for a while. We meet in d pub and get on well plenty of jokes and alot of flirting and it's not long till it turns a little naughty u get up tellin me u need to use d ladies room and shoot me a cheeky smile as u walk away. U walk into the toilet but as u enter a cubicle your quickly forced inside and spun around till your lips are inches from mine I look u in d eyes and kiss I softly it's not long till I move down to your neck gently kissing lickin and nibbling soon I have u gently moanin again I look u in d eyes smile and drop to my knees!!!! Shall I continue? X"

Sorry the guy you like is in Germany, that sucks :(
    wimmen ye are all the same judging us fella's on looks as opposed to profile length , I for one an sick of it :rolleyes:

I don't know if you're just kidding or not! :o

I always would've said I wasn't the kind of person who thought looks were important but I guess they are. I mean, if you're not physically attracted to someone, you're just friends.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

"We decide to meet for a drink after chattin online for a while. We meet in d pub and get on well plenty of jokes and alot of flirting and it's not long till it turns a little naughty u get up tellin me u need to use d ladies room and shoot me a cheeky smile as u walk away. U walk into the toilet but as u enter a cubicle your quickly forced inside and spun around till your lips are inches from mine I look u in d eyes and kiss I softly it's not long till I move down to your neck gently kissing lickin and nibbling soon I have u gently moanin again I look u in d eyes smile and drop to my knees!!!! Shall I continue? X"

Sorry the guy you like is in Germany, that sucks :(

I also got the i want to fcuk you in a carpark and then in the bushes in a busy park......how romantic :pac:

yeah i know and i havent been able to talk to him since thursday and i kinda miss him....i didnt think i would...he's guy 3 btw :o

My browser must have frozen, only half of your post loaded! *shifty eyes*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

So I haven't really been using POF since I met the last two lovely guys, I just lost interest in it, the same faces, the impersonal "Hey" messages etc... But an evening in with nothing to do, and curiosity got the better of me, and I signed up to OKC.
    Must say it's way nicer to use! And I didn't get the volume of messages I got when I signed up to POF, but the messages I did get all had effort put into them, which is a nice change :)
    Chatting away to a couple of nice guys that I have plenty in common with already. To be honest though I'll probably see how things play out with my last two dates before I get too involved in OKC.

Ankhyu wrote: »
    So I haven't really been using POF since I met the last two lovely guys, I just lost interest in it, the same faces, the impersonal "Hey" messages etc... But an evening in with nothing to do, and curiosity got the better of me, and I signed up to OKC.
    Must say it's way nicer to use! And I didn't get the volume of messages I got when I signed up to POF, but the messages I did get all had effort put into them, which is a nice change :)
    Chatting away to a couple of nice guys that I have plenty in common with already. To be honest though I'll probably see how things play out with my last two dates before I get too involved in OKC.

How much are they paying you?? :D I put OKC on hiatus as I was a little tired of seeing great profiles only to find the last time they'd logged in it was still too soon to make jokes about 9/11. It'd be interesting to find a site that has the "jump through hoops" of OKC spliced with the "devil-may-care" of POF. Sadly message is to POF as status is to FaceBook :-P

I don't know if you're just kidding or not! :o

Yet another problem with POF... sarcasm is often lost in text ... altho we can attribute this to the internet in general

I was joking ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

How much are they paying you?? :D I put OKC on hiatus as I was a little tired of seeing great profiles only to find the last time they'd logged in it was still too soon to make jokes about 9/11. It'd be interesting to find a site that has the "jump through hoops" of OKC spliced with the "devil-may-care" of POF. Sadly message is to POF as status is to FaceBook :-P

You can change the settings though so that it only shows people who last logged in in the last day/week/month etc!

You can change the settings though so that it only shows people who last logged in in the last day/week/month etc!

EFFFFFORT!!! :-D I kid, I kid.. I know, guess I was just making a roundabout point..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I started talking to a guy on POF a few days ago.

He told me he loved me last night.

We've never met. :eek:

I get the opposite. I get "I hate you" and the strange thing is, I usually haven't even mailed them! :pac:

I'm joking.... sort of... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

So, I FINALLY went on a date last night with a guy from POF who asked me out back in April, but I just had so much stuff on that it didn't happen til now. It was amazing - we got on like a house on fire, I fancy the pants off him and the feeling appears to be heartily mutual.

Downside is that he works really awkward shifts, so God only knows when we'll manage to get to date #2, but here's hoping...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Despite myself I managed to trawl through POF for about half an hour yesterday and een sent out a couple of mails. Now we play the waiting game...
    The waiting game sucks! Let's play Hungry hungry Hippos!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,023 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

As long as it's not the Crying Game.

I was looking at Okcupid after seeing it mentioned here. The total number of results for around my area was 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

POF keeps logging me back into the phone app after I've logged myself out, it's driving me fooking BATSH!T.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Honey-ec wrote: »
    POF keeps logging me back into the phone app after I've logged myself out, it's driving me fooking BATSH!T.

Weird. When using computer it logs me out every five minutes, even when I'm actively using it. Odd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Galvasean wrote: »
    Honey-ec wrote: »

Weird. When using computer it logs me out every five minutes, even when I'm actively using it. Odd.

That's site protocall if you leave your computer unattended to stop potential fraping like behaviour!

I don't like this oooo girl says no pic no reply ooo wait you haven't got a picture to start with why would I or any body else send one ?

Snowie wrote: »
    That's site protocall if you leave your computer unattended to stop potential fraping like behaviour!

I don't like this oooo girl says no pic no reply ooo wait you haven't got a picture to start with why would I or any body else send one ?

Straight off the bat, i've nvr reply those kind of profiles, or if i do, i sent a cut picture, like an eye, or an ear .. as a teaser :D

Snowie wrote: »

Straight off the bat, i've nvr reply those kind of profiles, or if i do, i sent a cut picture, like an eye, or an ear .. as a teaser :D

It's just plain rude and really anoys me that just because ooooooooo I see you have a vagina I play to your rules :mad: it's so fvckin rude...

I dont care if she ignores me it's not that upsetting but.......... Demanding a picture when your showing none is a little on the ignorant side :mad:

People are mad :D

I'm not tho I'm sane....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Start talking to a girl on one site she's 24 and from one county. Spotted her on another site just now, 21 and from a different county.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think it's to do with the recent surge in popularity of OD. I think an awful lot of people are there 'for the craic' rather than any real sense of wanting to actually get a date. I can't help but feel many are simply there to fuel their own egos and see how many messages they will get.

My sentiments exactly. I actually believe a very high percentage of people on the likes of PoF for example could be filed away under messer/ego booster/sleaze etc.

I'm not just basing this on my own experiences but on numerous experiences I've read from both male and female users on there.

I'm trying a few different sites, but PoF and Tagged are the worst. But I don't want to give up on them as I'm convinced one of the days some decent gal will turn up on there :pac: I have a profile on OKC but didn't bother putting up pics or using it cause there are only four active profiles within my region :eek:

It's a shame really as there are obviously some really genuine users and these people ruin it for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Herrick wrote: »
    My sentiments exactly. I actually believe a very high percentage of people on the likes of PoF for example could be filed away under messer/ego booster/sleaze etc.

I'm not just basing this on my own experiences but on numerous experiences I've read from both male and female users on there.

I'm trying a few different sites, but PoF and Tagged are the worst. But I don't want to give up on them as I'm convinced one of the days some decent gal will turn up on there :pac: I have a profile on OKC but didn't bother putting up pics or using it cause there are only four active profiles within my region :eek:

It's a shame really as there are obviously some really genuine users and these people ruin it for them.

Have you tried a paid site? I think there are less wasters etc on paid sites. Why would anyone use a paid site if they had no intention of actually meeting people.

mood wrote: »
    Herrick wrote: »

Have you tried a paid site? I think there are less wasters etc on paid sites. Why would anyone use a paid site if they had no intention of actually meeting people.

Because they have tight pockets :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

A lot of the women on POF are of the opinion that if a man is single and needs a dating site then there's something wrong with him. Whereas if a woman is single she just hasn't met the right guy yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,947 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    A lot of the women on POF are of the opinion that if a man is single and needs a dating site then there's something wrong with him. Whereas if a woman is single she just hasn't met the right guy yet.

Where did you get this from?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement