Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I'm absolutely DYING to know how Micky 32's date went! Mickyyyyy, where are you?

So do we need to send out a search party for him or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Maybe that's just the thing you need. She won't be looking for anything serious so even if you feel there's still something there with your ex, no one will get hurt. Might even help you get over your ex for good.

What happens, though, if it does become more than a fling, though??? Ye might set out with the intentions of just that, but it could blossom??

Be careful.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

sharper wrote: »
    So do we need to send out a search party for him or what?

I thought he'd be straight back on here after the date yesterday there was that much discussion about it. It is a bit strange now he hasn’t been in touch at all.

What happens, though, if it does become more than a fling, though??? Ye might set out with the intentions of just that, but it could blossom??

Be careful.

Yep. There's always the chance you'll fall head over heels! :D For the moment though, you've nothing to lose by getting in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I thought he'd be straight back on here after the date yesterday there was that much discussion about it. It is a bit strange now he hasn’t been in touch at all.

Strange.... or awesome? Maybe it went really REALLY well...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Galvasean wrote: »

I would think it would have had to go extremely well for him to over look how deceptive she was. Not exactly a good start. Very curious to ear what happen all the same!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Maybe its still going really well.

:D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Maybe its still going really well.

:D

Ha, I was just about to say that! :pac: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

She's either killed him or they're at Gretna Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Honey-ec wrote: »

Yes, it can definitely only be either of those two options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,126 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Yes, it can definitely only be either of those two options.

Hmm but which one will make a better follow up thread?? :rolleyes::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they met :D

Come on Micky what happened?

How long does it usually take people to reply when you send messages on POF????

Do people usually respond when ye open the chat window? I sent someone a message(profile said they were online), but I waited for about 5 minutes, and got nothing.

I do know for a fact that she has viewed my profile..............:)

I do know for a fact that she has viewed my profile..............:)

I don't mean to sound like a killjoy, but you must realise that someone viewing your profile is not necessarily a sign that they will reply to you. Ballpark figures, but from the last 50 odd mails I have sent out, more than 30 have viewed my profile and only two or three have replied. So what I'm getting at is; don't get your hopes up too much. It sounds to me like you are investing way too much hope/excitement in the prospect of being replied to by this particular person. Better off keeping the expectations low as to avoid disappointment.

I don't mean to sound like a killjoy, but you must realise that someone viewing your profile is not necessarily a sign that they will reply to you. Ballpark figures, but from the last 50 odd mails I have sent out, more than 30 have viewed my profile and only two or three have replied. So what I'm getting at is; don't get your hopes up too much. It sounds to me like you are investing way too much hope/excitement in the prospect of being replied to by this particular person. Better off keeping the expectations low as to avoid disappointment.

Yeah I know..............................am not holding out too much hope

Yeah I know..............................am not holding out too much hope

Maybe it would be a good idea to cast your net far and wide instead of pinning hopes on one or two girls. Even girls don't get responses to messages they send. I don't take it personally - I don't fancy all guys so they're not all gonna fancy me.

What stops you from sending loads of girls messages? Are the ladies you see not your type?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Mickey must have been kidnapped. Kidnappers setting up fake dating profiles with pictures of attractive women to lure unsuspecting singletons...

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

This week is looking intriguing....two dates lined up... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

riveratom wrote: »
    This week is looking intriguing....two dates lined up... :)

Jammy fecker. :D Don't go two timing now and breaking those young girls hearts. :pac:

Maybe it would be a good idea to cast your net far and wide instead of pinning hopes on one or two girls. Even girls don't get responses to messages they send. I don't take it personally - I don't fancy all guys so they're not all gonna fancy me.

What stops you from sending loads of girls messages? Are the ladies you see not your type?

Not really, no. This one lady just caught my attention. And I laughed at her intro message.

• Advertisement

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Jammy fecker. :D Don't go two timing now and breaking those young girls hearts. :pac:

Thanks dude. Due to people's schedules they are going to have to be only a day apart!!

Just don't do a Ross Geller and mix up the names :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

riveratom wrote: »
    Thanks dude. Due to people's schedules they are going to have to be only a day apart!!
    You're a modern day Zack Morris!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

Ammsy500 wrote: »
    Would have loved to be a fly on the wall when they met :D

Come on Micky what happened?

I heard they got on fine and she asked him would he like to go for dinner some evening, she's in good shape by all accounts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Invincible wrote: »
    I heard they got on fine and she asked him would he like to go for dinner some evening, she's in good shape by all accounts :)

Wait, what? Who are you and how did you hear this? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

LyndaMcL wrote: »

Wait, what? Who are you and how did you hear this? :pac:

A friend ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Invincible wrote: »
    A friend ;)

You're the lady in question, aren't you?

Do you have him locked up in your dungeon, never to see the light of day again? :pac:

Just don't do a Ross Geller and mix up the names :o

Emily (laughs in terror), Emily....Emily!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Mickey must have been kidnapped. Kidnappers setting up fake dating profiles with pictures of attractive women to lure unsuspecting singletons...

The twist at the end is mickey 32 was the kidnapper.

• Advertisement

Second date planned! :) This time it'll be a sober one so will be completely different. Hopefully there'll be lots of chemistry like the first.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement