Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Third date tonight, getting a bite to eat after work. Both driving, first time there will be no drink involved. We've chatted on the phone no problem so hopefully there will be no awkward silences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

At this point if Mickey 32 shows up again how do we know he's not posting under duress? We're really going to have to come up with some boards approved keywords that signal "I'm strapped to a chair in a basement".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Galvasean wrote: »
    Just don't do a Ross Geller and mix up the names :o

Or even worse, don't say the wrong name in bed. That happened to a guy I know.

<<<me :o

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

Daveysil15 wrote: »

Or even worse, don't say the wrong name in bed. That happened to a guy I know.

<<<me :o

I bet that went down like a lead balloon!

He'd be doing very well to get that far with the two of them! :D

I've just come across an interesting profile on POF. A foreign girl. She says she's only on it a few hours and her inbox is jammed. She said she found her ex boyfriend on it who was cheating on her. She also found her friends husband on it. She then goes on to say how Irish men are such horny dogs, and that she has never encountered this sort of behaviour in her home country. Wow!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,790 ✭✭✭maguic24

I've just come across an interesting profile on POF. A foreign girl. She says she's only on it a few hours and her inbox is jammed. She said she found her ex boyfriend on it who was cheating on her. She also found her friends husband on it. She then goes on to say how Irish men are such horny dogs, and that she has never encountered this sort of behaviour in her home country. Wow!

She obviously hasn't been to Italy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

I bet that went down like a lead balloon!

He'd be doing very well to get that far with the two of them! :D

Hey hey, rule nothing out! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I think a lot of people make the mistake of thinking online dating is anonymous or something, it really, really isn't!! I'd say cheaters are rife on dating sites regardless of the country to be honest.

I got a mail from an (allegedly bisexual) guy recently along the lines of hey my email is blah @blah.blah if you want to chat, now I don't even have a profile picture up (it weeds out the guys solely interested in looks), so i threw his email address into facebook, up pops his profile, says he's straight and in a relationship with 'X'. God knows how many other girls (and possibly guys) he sent the same email to. So I just wrote back don't think 'X' would appreciate that. A few minutes later, lo and behold his dating profile is deleted! The mind boggles at the stupidity, if you're going to cheat at least have some discretion and try not to get caught! (his actual full name was part of the email address!)

I felt really bad after it actually, moral dilemma, still have the email address in my inbox, and could easily send the girl a facebook message to let her know what her bf's been up to..but it's not my place I suppose. Although perhaps I may have scared some sense into him, who knows...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭Micky 32

Sorry about the delay in getting back. Well i went on the date and it was actually a nice pleasant date. She came across totally normal. The only fault i find is that she used a fake picture and to be honest when i met her i didn't bother interrogating her about it. As some said that she maybe a total dog who is probably fat, no. She had a good slim figure and quite cute. Not 100% sure if she might be my type though. She did ask me to meet me for dinner, so we'll see.. So all in all it was a good night.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭cloud_dancer

We were alll worried you'd been done away with by now!

Glad it was a pleasant surprise. So take it you are going to go for dinner and see how it goes?

• Advertisement

We were alll worried you'd been done away with by now!

Glad it was a pleasant surprised. So take it you are going to go for dinner and see how it goes?

I'm chewing on it, not sure i felt the chemistry i should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Micky 32 wrote: »
    Sorry about the delay in getting back. Well i went on the date and it was actually a nice pleasant date. She came across totally normal. The only fault i find is that she used a fake picture and to be honest when i met her i didn't bother interrogating her about it. As some said that she maybe a total dog who is probably fat, no. She had a good slim figure and quite cute. Not 100% sure if she might be my type though. She did ask me to meet me for dinner, so we'll see.. So all in all it was a good night.

So did she look the the pic she sent you. Fair play to you for not asking her about, I'd be too nosey and want to know.

So did she look the the pic she sent you. Fair play to you for not asking her about, I'd be too nosey and want to know.

I thought if i started asking her about it might spoil the mood, i enjoyed the date, she seemed nice to talk to...

She did look like her a little...not overly...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Lads(n' Lassies):

How long should ya leave it before sending another message to someone? Also, is it worth paying up to Plenty Of Fish.com? I've just done a basic registration, and can't see some features on it??? Website says I need to register if i want to see if someone has responded to my messages?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Lads(n' Lassies):

How long should ya leave it before sending another message to someone? Also, is it worth paying up to Plenty Of Fish.com? I've just done a basic registration, and can't see some features on it??? Website says I need to register if i want to see if someone has responded to my messages?

If you don't get a reply, I REALLY wouldn't message the person again. If they're not interested, badgering them with more messages is just going to píss them off!

As for the paid features, I didn't pay when I was using the site but I THINK (could be wrong) that you can see if the person read your message, last logged in, things like that.

Micky 32, any particular reason you didn't feel the chemistry? Might it have been a bit of annoyance over the lying?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,643 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    If you don't get a reply, I REALLY wouldn't message the person again. If they're not interested, badgering them with more messages is just going to píss them off!

As for the paid features, I didn't pay when I was using the site but I THINK (could be wrong) that you can see if the person read your message, last logged in, things like that.

Micky 32, any particular reason you didn't feel the chemistry? Might it have been a bit of annoyance over the lying?

Am not going to message her again.....I'll leave it alone

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

Well im a happy camper at the moment, ive had a few dates lined up and then one guy came along and blew them all out of the water!

Wasnt expecting him to be so charming and such a gentleman, chemistry... i know what this is now :D:D:D
    Met up with him a few times and talk all the time, its like we've known each other for years.

So with a bit of luck il be throwing in the towel on online dating!

Cant even explain how happy i am at the moment, this one is definitly a keeper!!

I had to tell someone before i burst lol :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 936 ✭✭✭Prick!

Well im a happy camper at the moment, ive had a few dates lined up and then one guy came along and blew them all out of the water!

Wasnt expecting him to be so charming and such a gentleman, chemistry... i know what this is now :D:D:D
    Met up with him a few times and talk all the time, its like we've known each other for years.

So with a bit of luck il be throwing in the towel on online dating!

Cant even explain how happy i am at the moment, this one is definitly a keeper!!

I had to tell someone before i burst lol :p

How many dates have you had?

Don't get too ahead of yourself though :) Sounds great though :D

Prick! wrote: »
    How many dates have you had?

Don't get too ahead of yourself though :) Sounds great though :D

ah im not getting ahead of myself, he seems to be more full on than i am to be honest.

but in this moment, im happy and thats all want. Were talking about weekends away and future type things (scary i know, but it feels like we've known each other years)

I normally get cold feet and run at the first sign of things getting proper serious, but with this one, im just like "bring it on"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

ah im not getting ahead of myself, he seems to be more full on than i am to be honest.

but in this moment, im happy and thats all want. Were talking about weekends away and future type things (scary i know, but it feels like we've known each other years)

I normally get cold feet and run at the first sign of things getting proper serious, but with this one, im just like "bring it on"

Yaaaay.

More success from the OD thread

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Fantastic missrandomer, keep us updated.

Delighted for all of you men and ladies who have been having so much success lately!

Almost enough to convince me to re-make my profile, but not quite! :pac:

Let's hope this good streak continues for you all. :)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Delighted for all of you men and ladies who have been having so much success lately!

Almost enough to convince me to re-make my profile, but not quite! :pac:

Let's hope this good streak continues for you all. :)

Dont give up hope, it will happen when you least expect it! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

But is she comparing like with like? Is there POF in her home country?

Dont give up hope, it will happen when you least expect it! ;)

Haven't given up hope at all, I've got a few prospects both on and offline tbh, but ever just decide you can't be bothered for a while? I'm kind of enjoying having nothing to do with men, aside from my friends. :pac: Gonna turn into a feminist if I keep this up!

I now have a problem though

With the dates i had lined up....
    what do i do??? tell them ive met someone
    Meet them and possibly ruin what i have with mr perfect
    Or avoid the date time question until it fades out (not really liking this one)
    But by doing the above, i could potentially cut off my nose despite my face as the saying goes, what if mr perfect turns out to be not so perfect

There is one guy in particular who i like and has been adorable and want to deal with it in the right way as maby we could be friends if anything, but thats very selfish i know!

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

But by doing the above, i could potentially cut off my nose despite my face as the saying goes, what if mr perfect turns out to be not so perfect

There is one guy in particular who i like and has been adorable and want to deal with it in the right way as maby we could be friends if anything, but thats very selfish i know!

I'd say don't count your chickens :) Go along on the dates if you'd like to see what the guys are like in person. Keep it nice and easy and breezy and see what happens!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭njs030

How many dates have you been on with mr perfect?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

In my experience, if you feel that the guy you've met is worth giving it a go, just say it to the others.

Those of us who do online dating know that there is a risk of this happening.

There's nothing you can do about it, or how you feel.

I'd say it to them, that you met a bloke and want to give it a go with him. We're mostly big boys here and can take a bit of rejection. :-)

• Advertisement

mood wrote: »
    But is she comparing like with like? Is there POF in her home country?

I've no idea. She never replied to me. She probably thought I was a randy Irish man trying to get into her knickers. :pac: And yet she's on a dating site where most of the men are Irish. :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement