Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

VinLieger wrote: »
    Where did you get this from?

POF

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    VinLieger wrote: »
    Where did you get this from?

POF

Well I would say it's convianat ;)

A dude tho :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

I got a message from a girl on POF the other day and she's the whole package, going for the digits... Fingers crossed boardsies! No pun intended :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

I got a message from a girl on POF the other day and she's the whole package, going for the digits... Fingers crossed boardsies! No pun intended :P

Ooh, good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

A lot of the women on POF are of the opinion that if a man is single and needs a dating site then there's something wrong with him. Whereas if a woman is single she just hasn't met the right guy yet.

As a woman, I would funnily agree with that and that is probably the opinion that my friends and I would have. But then again all I have met from POF are oddballs, so clearly that is why they are single and hence on POF!!

• Advertisement

dub5 wrote: »
    As a woman, I would funnily agree with that and that is probably the opinion that my friends and I would have. But then again all I have met from POF are oddballs, so clearly that is why they are single and hence on POF!!

I'm sure there's some nice guys on it too, just as there are some nice girls on it. One thing I don't like is all the headlines on women's profiles which read something like: 'Where are all the decent guys?' 'Are there no good men left out there?' If a man said that about women he'd be a sexist pig. Some women's profile descriptions are nothing but rants about how bad the men are, rather than describing themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

A lot of the women on POF are of the opinion that if a man is single and needs a dating site then there's something wrong with him. Whereas if a woman is single she just hasn't met the right guy yet.

Some people project a distinct sense of shame at being on a dating site but my impression is that most are just dipping their toe in to see what happens.

I think it's fair to say that from reading the various incarnations of the dating threads here there are quite a few strange people making strange use of those sites.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

I'm sure there's some nice guys on it too, just as there are some nice girls on it. One thing I don't like is all the headlines on women's profiles which read something like: 'Where are all the decent guys?' 'Are there no good men left out there?' If a man said that about women he'd be a sexist pig. Some women's profile descriptions are nothing but rants about how bad the men are, rather than describing themselves.

My favourite is "Tired of kissing frogs".

Could you imagine if a guy wrote something like that on his?

G-Money wrote: »
    My favourite is "Tired of kissing frogs".

Could you imagine if a guy wrote something like that on his?

God yes I hate that one. Or the 'Plenty of Freaks'. I read one girls profile which said, 'Men are horrible bast*rds.' I don't think anyone is going to read that and say, "Hymm yes, she seem's lovely."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

God yes I hate that one. Or the 'Plenty of Freaks'. I read one girls profile which said, 'Men are horrible bast*rds.' I don't think anyone is going to read that and say, "Hymm yes, she seem's lovely."

I bet she still gets twenty messages a minute :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Messed up a good situation I was in, girl had a bf when I first started talking to her, she was nice.

Eventually told me she liked me and wanted to meet me and I said best not as she had a bf. Broke up with the bf and then apparantly hinted at meeting up. I said I'd be on for meeting up and then she basically says she's gone off me.

Were talking every day for the past 4 or 5 months and she was/is great. Annoyed with myself. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

There's just as many male profiles with things like that on POF.

Some people hide behind their computers when it comes to online dating.

Maybe I've been lucky but none of the guys I met up with were weirdos, okay maybe the very first one. :pac: They've all been decent guys, just either myself or the guy didn't want to take it any further at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Samich wrote: »
    Messed up a good situation I was in, girl had a bf when I first started talking to her, she was nice.

Eventually told me she liked me and wanted to meet me and I said best not as she had a bf. Broke up with the bf and then apparantly hinted at meeting up. I said I'd be on for meeting up and then she basically says she's gone off me.

Were talking every day for the past 4 or 5 months and she was/is great. Annoyed with myself. :(

Sounds like she ****ed you about dude. You didn't mess up anything.

Is this online dating?

Varied wrote: »
    Sounds like she ****ed you about dude. You didn't mess up anything.

Nah she didn't. I missed my opportunity.
    Larianne wrote: »
    Is this online dating?

And yes, got chatting to her on a site originally. Although originally I wasn't after her.

And yes, got chatting to her on a site originally. Although originally I wasn't after her.

And she had a boyfriend and was using online dating too?

And she had a boyfriend and was using online dating too?

The site was tagged, so a social networking site too, and she actually met her bf of 4 years on it anyways :P But yeah, that's it, just thought I'd tell the story when someone above said a girl had the whole package :)

There's just as many male profiles with things like that on POF.

Some people hide behind their computers when it comes to online dating.

Maybe I've been lucky but none of the guys I met up with were weirdos, okay maybe the very first one. :pac: They've all been decent guys, just either myself or the guy didn't want to take it any further at some point.

I think I spoke to you at some stage on POF. :D Most women could get 100 dates on POF if they wanted. How many messages do you get a day?

I think I spoke to you at some stage on POF. :D Most women could get 100 dates on POF if they wanted. How many messages do you get a day?

100 dates in what time frame?

:eek: Really? Damn it.

Ah, I don't log onto POF any more. I also had my profile hidden for a good while so I didn't get lots of messages and contacted guys that interested me. Can't remember. I'd get on average about 10 I'd say. Or get guys trying to IM me.

• Advertisement

dub5 wrote: »
    100 dates in what time frame?

100 days? :pac:

Sounds like a task.....if only i had the time:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

100 dates in 100 days ... yea i'd be kept going ;)

I'm sure however the statistical break down would be 36% were in fact men, 32% were time waster looking for an ego boost 30% wanted a relationship what involved adopting cats ( altho i do like cats ladies )

The final 2 percent would be real date's in which all parties would have a ball of a time ..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

If she is on a dating site when she has a boyfriend she is anything but NICE.

Luck excape IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Tagged was a bit cringe worthy to be honest.
    Originally Posted by Samich

Were talking every day for the past 4 or 5 months and she was/is great. Annoyed with myself.

I would say that a girl that has a boyfriend and on a dating site is either bored with the relationship she is in or she is weighing up her options so best to move on though. If she broke up with her bf hoping to meet up with you and then went off you, all I see is that she lost interest in the chase?? You ok?

The site was tagged, so a social networking site too, and she actually met her bf of 4 years on it anyways :P But yeah, that's it, just thought I'd tell the story when someone above said a girl had the whole package :)

I'm not sure what you expected to get out of it tbh?

Guess ye'd have to know all the details :P

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Dolly Daydreams

doovdela wrote: »
    Tagged was a bit cringe worthy to be honest.

I would say that a girl that has a boyfriend and on a dating site is either bored with the relationship she is in or she is weighing up her options so best to move on though. If she broke up with her bf hoping to meet up with you and then went off you, all I see is that she lost interest in the chase?? You ok?

I'd say she's become bored of the relationship and wants to see if she's still attractive to men and looking for attention.. IMO

I'd say she's become bored of the relationship and wants to see if she's still attractive to men and looking for attention.. IMO

No no. Sure they broke up and she's single now :P

Things weren't going well with him.

• Advertisement

This lady did 40 in 40 days. http://singlelista.ie/category/blog/40-dates/ (I haven't read all her dates. I will when I get a chance. I want to see if she had a happy ending.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement