Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

sharper wrote: »
    My top match on that is Galvasean, finally an explanation for us both being single!

My top match was a toss up between That_Guy and Galva. :pac:

You guys should just hook up and ignore the impracticalities with your sexual orientation. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    You guys should just hook up and ignore the impracticalities with your sexual orientation. :p

We may as well get used to a future where unfeeling machines issue orders we have to obey without question.

My #2 match is Panthro, I think it must be a shared dinosaur lust that transcends gender and orientation.

We may as well get used to a future where unfeeling machines issue orders we have to obey without question.

My #2 match is Panthro, I think it must be a shared dinosaur lust that transcends gender and orientation.

I got Panthro as my third or fourth match. :pac:

Speaking of dinosaurs...

I hate those scam guys who call from 'Windows' all the time. So I was talking to this guy from Windows and he asked my name. I told him it was Perry. 'Terry?' he asked? 'No,' I responded, 'Perry. With a P, like pterodactyl.' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

I got Larianne. At least she's a woman!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Lynda you're my top match. ;) Well at least out of the females anyway. :pac:

• Advertisement

Daveysil15 wrote: »

Ohai baybay ;) So, who's your top male match? :pac:

I've noticed from here and from the thread on the matchmaking on AH, Galva is in huge demand. And all these silly women don't reply to him on POF? Pfft.

Daveysil15 wrote: »

Ah! My #4 match! Wanna "play dinosaurs" with me, Panthro and Galvasean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I suppose so. I don't want to be left out. :)

Tyrannosaurus sex as opposed to a tyrannosaurus rex?

I'll get my coat.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 29,092 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Panthro's a 10 for me apparently and the first woman is at number 6 I think. 3 women altogether

• Advertisement

Anyone had any weekend dates? :)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Anyone had any weekend dates? :)

Had a coffee date Friday. Wasn't really feeling any chemistry going into it and didn't feel any during it.

Think she's one for the friends column.

Coincidentally, I reckon she was thinking the same!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Had a coffee date Friday. Wasn't really feeling any chemistry going into it and didn't feel any during it.

Think she's one for the friends column.

Coincidentally, I reckon she was thinking the same!!

How can you feel chemistry going into a date? :confused:

mood wrote: »

How can you feel chemistry going into a date? :confused:

You know the way that sometimes there's that little frisson of excitement about meeting someone new? It just wasn't there. Perfectly nice woman, and we're still chatting away, just think it'll never be more than that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

eek...took the plunge and signed up to OKcupid this evening!

Been following this thread with interest for awhile as I was interested in trying online dating, but was getting over a break up for the last year or so, so wasn't ready yet!

Still trying to figure out what to put in my profile though! Already got my first odd email as others have mentioned! But two other guys seem nice already.

Now just to figure out the site properly!

yeahimhere wrote: »
    eek...took the plunge and signed up to OKcupid this evening!

Been following this thread with interest for awhile as I was interested in trying online dating, but was getting over a break up for the last year or so, so wasn't ready yet!

Still trying to figure out what to put in my profile though! Already got my first odd email as others have mentioned! But two other guys seem nice already.

Now just to figure out the site properly!

Woohoo!! Fresh fish!!

Back off boys, I spotted her first!! ;)

Woohoo!! Fresh fish!!

Back off boys, I spotted her first!! ;)

lol, with a name like knucklehead, how could a girl resist :p

I decided not to put up a profile picture though, my plan was to try to reduce the amount of mails and only contact people I was interested in and attach a picture. Seems like I can't do that though??

Hearing about the amount of emails girls were saying they were getting, I thought this might reduce that if guys were less likely to contact someone with a picture.

Can anyone tell me if this is possible?

edit: Figured it out, can only have attachments if I pay...which I'm not doing! Next best thing possibly, I uploaded a few pictures to a hosting site and will send the link. Does anyone thing that's dodgy? If they receive an email with a link to pictures??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

edit: Figured it out, can only have attachments if I pay...which I'm not doing! Next best thing possibly, I uploaded a few pictures to a hosting site and will send the link. Does anyone thing that's dodgy? If they receive an email with a link to pictures??

I can only speak for myself, but if I got links to a hosting site I'd be very suspicious that you were a fake using someone else's pictures.

Herrick wrote: »
    I can only speak for myself, but if I got links to a hosting site I'd be very suspicious that you were a fake using someone else's pictures.

hmmm...yeah that's what I was thinking. I just don't feel comfortable uploading pictures at the moment.

The pictures do include one that I quite obviously took in my kitchen though, just because I didn't want them all to be of where I was out etc. Would that make a difference?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

hmmm...yeah that's what I was thinking. I just don't feel comfortable uploading pictures at the moment.

The pictures do include one that I quite obviously took in my kitchen though, just because I didn't want them all to be of where I was out etc. Would that make a difference?

I did that for a while when I was on Okcupid. Guys were wary of it. One guy asked if I was married. I think if you're honest and upfront for the start, saying you're only new to it and it'll take you a while to put a photo up, they should just take your word on it. If they don't, fair enough.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    I did that for a while when I was on Okcupid. Guys were wary of it. One guy asked if I was married. I think if you're honest and upfront for the start, saying you're only new to it and it'll take you a while to put a photo up, they should just take your word on it. If they don't, fair enough.

Thanks, I'm just not sure what to do at the moment! Obviously my reasons are innocent enough but I can understand how it could come across.

I was just hoping if I emailed a proper email where it wasn't like an overly flirty email / one liners etc, it might come across OK. But I also didn't want to email someone where I knew what they looked like and they didn't me. It didn't seem fair.

Will add to that to my profile and see if it's OK, otherwise will just have to think about adding a picture to my profile :(

Will add to that to my profile and see if it's OK, otherwise will just have to think about adding a picture to my profile :(

It's scary at first, but once its up there, you'll get used to it. :)

Just take the plunge!!

It's scary at first, but once its up there, you'll get used to it. :)

Just take the plunge!!

It is! I might just hold off for a bit, just to get the feel of it first.

I was nosing through a few profiles and there was one guy who seemed like a good match and he emailed me after I was looking through his profile.

I was actually planning on emailing him but just thinking about what to say first, since it was my first one. I did reply, adding onto his email and referencing his profile but now I'm worried because I gave him a link to the picture hosting site.

I hope he doesn't think I'm faking now :(

I hope he doesn't think I'm faking now :(

Don't worry about it unduly. In my experience fake profiles usually have pictures of a model rather than no picture and you can usually tell if someone is upto something pretty quickly, like if they want to talk on yahoo or go to some other site right away.

Not a good time for you to get stuck in Nigeria and need money for a plane ticket out though :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Another day, another messer. For some odd reason I seem to attract nut jobs. I thought I was onto a good thing when, then she started telling me what a could and couldn't do on our 3rd date !! :rolleyes:

KTRIC wrote: »
    Another day, another messer. For some odd reason I seem to attract nut jobs. I thought I was onto a good thing when, then she started telling me what a could and couldn't do on our 3rd date !! :rolleyes:

Like what?? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

I know there is probably no hard and fast rule for this but, I have been on 4 dates with this girl, all is going well and we have organised a 5th date for Friday.
    I would like to ask her to "go steady" with me but im wary of the following:

1 - How do I phrase it?

2 - Is it too soon or after how many dates should I approach her on it?

The dates have been basically 1 per week for the past month (at the weekends) and those consisted of:

Date #1 - Meet for lunch and then a spin out to a seaside village for a walk
    Date #2 - Cinema date and a spin after (first kiss!!)
    Date #3 - Dinner date, picked her up and left her home
    Date #4 - Mountain hike, coffee and a drive
    Date #5 - TBA

I don't want to scare her off if she thinks im being too full on but the fact she is willing to go on 5 dates with me means its more than just going on a date or 2 for the heck of it or because she feels sorry for me, in which case I dont want her to think im dragging my heels either :(

I know there is probably no hard and fast rule for this but, I have been on 4 dates with this girl, all is going well and we have organised a 5th date for Friday.

I think after 5 dates you're nearly pushing into that zone. Just throw it out there and see what she thinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

She's not going on 5 dates because she feels sorry for you. I've always waited till i get given out to and changed my FB status.

If i was worried about it i'd probably approach it like 'now we're an item/going steady/both very much in love i'd like to ask you a serious question..' followed by an unimportant and unrelated question.

• Advertisement

Like what?? :confused:

We had a couple of drinks in her place and it got late. I ended up staying over because it seemed like the right thing to do. She barely came near me for the night which I thought was odd because she was all over me the last time. Anyway , fast forward to the next morning and I woke with a sticky mouth and was trying to moisten it. She didn't like the sound I was told and not to do that !! I was like WTF, my mouth is stuck together. :rolleyes:

There was other things but to be honest if my normal (non farting) bodily functions annoy her then there's clearly a problem. Also thought her idea of a night cap, Solpadeine and Captn' Morgans leaves a lot to be desired.

Like I said, I seem to attract the nut jobs !! I think I said that before in another thread but I really don't know why :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement