Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

Samich wrote: »
    No no. Sure they broke up and she's single now :P

Things weren't going well with him.

Is she still on POF?

I dont think that it would be a good idea anyway getting into a relationship with someone, just after they have come out of one.

And sure if it is meant to be, then, who knows, maybe in a few months, things might change. She might just want to have a bit of "single" fun for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

No no. Sure they broke up and she's single now :P

Things weren't going well with him.

Do you honestly think it's ok for someone in a relationship to be on a dating site? If it happen you did meet her and you started going out how could you ever trust her?

As I said you had a lucky excape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Larianne wrote: »
    I want to see if she had a happy ending.)

She went for a date with the breffmeister .. he's like my hero !! im sure she got a happy ending ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Tagged masquerades as a social networking site, but it's a dating site. I've heard of a few that try to pull the "but its a social networking site" when they've been caught on it. What kinda person joins a dating site if their in a relationship?

I've seen one or two on Tagged also that are in relationships but have told me their "not looking for anything" Take down the bloody profile then.

Even if they have no intention of cheating being on it for the attention is still fierce bad form. If I found out a gf of mine was up on a site and I was certain it was simply for an ego boost and they wouldn't cheat physically, I'd still dump her arse. It's serious cheek and disrespect.

Tbh Samich I think you dodged a bullet. Imagine you started going out with her, I bet she'd be telling the next fella things weren't going well with you either.

Anyone hear of "Badoo". App on phone. Just downloaded it...dont know how good it is yet, but cant be any worse than the other on line dating sites

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

dub5 wrote: »
    Anyone hear of "Badoo". App on phone. Just downloaded it...dont know how good it is yet, but cant be any worse than the other on line dating sites

That's the one where the app tells you how near you are to someone on the site, as in you're in a pub - 'X is 10metres near you'. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

Ye'r completely misinterpreting things.

She joined tagged years ago, met her bf on it and never deleted. She was only 15 when she joined it.

We were chatting as friends and then things got more friendly.

I did not dodge a bullet anyways :P

Was on it, full of foreigners who have Ireland down as their location for some weird reason. Waste of time imo.

Ye'r completely misinterpreting things.

She joined tagged years ago, met her bf on it and never deleted. She was only 15 when she joined it.

We were chatting as friends and then things got more friendly.

I did not dodge a bullet anyways :P

But she should have stopped using it when in a relationship as it is basically a dating site. Would you be happy with her being on it and chatting and getting friendly with other guys if you had started going out?

mood wrote: »
    But she should have stopped using it when in a relationship as it is basically a dating site. Would you be happy with her being on it and chatting and getting friendly with other guys if you had started going out?

It's largely a social networking site imo.

The slogan is something like "chat with friends, make new ones"

I know the girl pretty well enough to know that I was the one who missed out. :P

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    That's the one where the app tells you how near you are to someone on the site, as in you're in a pub - 'X is 10metres near you'. :eek:

Yeh it tells you who is near you, but I doubt it is accurate, unless there are alot of single men in my area.
    Was on it, full of foreigners who have Ireland down as their location for some weird reason. Waste of time imo.

Ah sure they are all a waste of time really

It's largely a social networking site imo.

The slogan is something like "chat with friends, make new ones"

I know the girl pretty well enough to know that I was the one who missed out. :P

Trust me you don't 'know' someone until you meet them in person.

Completely agree with you on this. You can think and get on really well with someone on line. We can all type what we want people to read and portray an image of ourselves to match with someone else. But you dont really get to know people on the net.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

Agreed! I like chatting with people probably more than most but online you're only seeing what people want you to see. For some it's entirely subconscious, others know precisely what they're doing.

Some do use "dating" sites to cultivate friendships so it's not an immediate red flag but it's pretty sketchy if their relationship is in trouble. They're basically there to evaluate whether they need to bother working with what they have or get someone new.

Samich: I really don't think you should feel like you've missed out on anything. Indeed it seems a bit like you've been setup into thinking that way by being given a narrow and vague window of "opportunity" which was then arbitrarily removed. She got bored with her boyfriend, she got bored with you before something even got started and she'll probably get bored of the next guy too. There are people out there that know exactly how to present themselves to most appeal to others, it's purely an image they create and there's nothing beneath the surface.

[QUOTE=sharper;79231528]She got bored with her boyfriend, she got bored with you before something even got started and she'll probably get bored of the next guy too. There are people out there that know exactly how to present themselves to most appeal to others, it's purely an image they create and there's nothing beneath the surface.[/QUOTE]

Only took 4 years I guess.

Anyways say no more, obviously took it up wrong :)

Only took 4 years I guess.

Anyways say no more, obviously took it up wrong :)

Back on the saddle again:D

2 messages, 39 profile views within about 30 mins on "Badoo". Ah this might keep me entertained for a bit;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Ok this is getting ridiculous, I am actually concerned I might use the wrong name during one of these conversations on POF/via text. haha. I'd just like to point out that I am in no way leading anyone on, I have just suddenly found that members of the opposite sex seem to want to talk to me, meet up, and/or give me their number. It's a little strange but I'm not complaining. Now all I have to do is to decide to actually meet up with one of them. Haha.

Back on the saddle again:D

Meh :P Actually got strong interest from 3 girls on pof, which for me is incredible. They even said I was hot, which is weird. But just not feeling it.

Should also have added that originally when we were just chatting as friends I noticed she was acting funny and said she didn't want to string me along, or something like that before telling me she liked me and then again she said she didn't want to string me along when I asked her had she gone off me, she said she was "confused but doesn't want to string me along"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

2 messages, 39 profile views within about 30 mins on "Badoo". Ah this might keep me entertained for a bit;)

It must be great to be a woman!

• Advertisement

Daveysil15 wrote: »

It must be great to be a woman!

Oh sure it's only brilliant being a woman!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Oh sure it's only brilliant being a woman!!!

Except when you HAVE to find a toilet.

:D

Except when you HAVE to find a toilet.

:D

I am toilet trained:D

Dating sites are great for women. For men its a lottery. You just might get picked.

Dating sites are great for women. For men its a lottery. You just might get picked.

I beg to differ. Dating sites are not great for women and I don't know how you can even come up with that. We face the same issues as men on line.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I think what he means is the ratio of men to women on the sites is so skewed that it's hard to get a man's profile to be noticed due to the sheer numbers of guys on the sites compared to women....Literally thousands of guys to a few hundred women....

I beg to differ. Dating sites are not great for women and I don't know how you can even come up with that. We face the same issues as men on line.

I disagree. For starters men far out-number the women on these sites, so the women have more options. Men need to send out lots of emials in a hope to get a reply. Women can just sit back and pick out the best ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

The site was tagged, so a social networking site too, and she actually met her bf of 4 years on it anyways :P But yeah, that's it, just thought I'd tell the story when someone above said a girl had the whole package :)

You know I didn't mean "package" package... Right? :D basically she ticks my boxes for replying to, we can only see after that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,730 ✭✭✭MyPeopleDrankTheSoup

but real life still way better for men. it's expected of the guy to approach women, not expected of the woman. she has to wait to be approached! i'd hate that, not being in control

• Advertisement

I disagree. For starters men far out-number the women on these sites, so the women have more options. Men need to send out lots of emials in a hope to get a reply. Women can just sit back and pick out the best ones.

Ah would you stop!!! You honestly think us women just sit back and pick out the best ones. Jaysus, if only. We too send lots of mails in a hope of a reply. Why would we not have the same opinion that you guys are just picking the best looking girls and hopefully we might connect with someone.

I dont know what the exact ratios are on line for men and women but any of the singles nights I have been to it has been 50:50.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement