Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 seeker11

I got a message from a guy today who sent me a totally suss looking picture. It was a professional one of a guy in a suit.
    Thanks to previous posts I read on this thread I was able to tineye it.
    So I asked him about the picture. He said I was crazy, why was i asking questions?... noone else had a problem with it. So then I forwarded him another pic of the same guy I found online but this time with a beard.
    Didn't hear back from him!
    Thanks boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

seeker11 wrote: »
    I got a message from a guy today who sent me a totally suss looking picture. It was a professional one if a guy in a suit.
    Thanks to previous posts I read on this thread I was able to tineye it.
    So I asked him about the picture. He said I was crazy, why was i askung questions?... noone else had a problem with it. So then I forwarded him another pic of the same guy I found online but this time with a beard.
    Didn't hear back from him!
    Thanks boards!

I think if I was suspicious of Someone I would say nothing. Why?... when I told a guy honestly way I didn't want to meet him he changes his profile leaving out the part I didn't want in a potential partner!

That guy will just find a more believable photo to use!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Currently talking to 3 different women tonight on POF :D

Its been a wild evening trying to remember who is who :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

KTRIC wrote: »

That can get tricky, especially if you end up on dates with all of them. Can get very confusing. :pac:

Larianne wrote: »
    That can get tricky, especially if you end up on dates with all of them. Can get very confusing. :pac:

Foursome !!! :pac:

They'll have to share :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I am back on POF. I had decided before the summer that internet dating was not for me but have since changed my tune. I may very well change my mind again but till then, hello fellow online daters. :) It actually feels good to post in here again-this thread is the business! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

KTRIC wrote: »

At least its only online when you meet up with a girl and you have been talking to more than one in the week and you mention something you think she mentioned in one of her messages and you get a confused look you have to summon all your skill to move on from the awkward silence.

On a vaguely similar night I spoiled the end of a particular TV series, when a girl mentioned she had seen “up to season 4” which I thought meant to the end of the season but she meant to the start of the season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Thinking of giving this a bash, fed up of the usual way of going out, getting drunk and trying to meet women that way, not very successful and when it has been it hasn't gone well... fall into a relationship only to find that we have nothing in common.

Totally new to this so I have a few questions which I hope someone can help me with!

Whats sites are the best? Okcupid and plenty of fish?

I'm in my early twenties, do plenty of people my age use those sites or does it tend to be people a bit older?

Have very low expectations but even chatting with people would be a bit of craic!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

GRMA wrote: »

I'm in my early twenties, do plenty of people my age use those sites or does it tend to be people a bit older?

Those two sites are the more popular free ones alright. Plenty of people in that age group on POF. OKC is less populated. There's a god few from Dublin on it, but if you live outside the pale there's not going to be too many matches for you by in large.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Galvasean wrote: »
    Those two sites are the more popular free ones alright. Plenty of people in that age group on POF. OKC is less populated. There's a god few from Dublin on it, but if you live outside the pale there's not going to be too many matches for you by in large.
    Thanks, living in Dublin so that won't be a problem :)

Signing up for POF now, wish me luck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

tempted to go and give it a go after long time away

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

There are plenty of early 20s people in Dublin on both sites, GRMA. :)

I'm considering re-joining (again!). I seem to get sick of it after a few weeks, then re-join for a few weeks, then leave again. I must be bi-polar about OD or something.

GRMA wrote: »
    Thinking of giving this a bash, fed up of the usual way of going out, getting drunk and trying to meet women that way, not very successful and when it has been it hasn't gone well... fall into a relationship only to find that we have nothing in common.

Totally new to this so I have a few questions which I hope someone can help me with!

Have very low expectations but even chatting with people would be a bit of craic!

That is where you going wrong. Drunk men are not attractive.

Off topic but what happens if you report a poster for being abusive on Boards via the 'Report Post' button? I've had to do it a once or twice but never heard anything for Mods! Just curious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

mood wrote: »
    Off topic but what happens if you report a poster for being abusive on Boards via the 'Report Post' button? I've had to do it a once or twice but never heard anything for Mods! Just curious.

i don't think they get back to you. if you consider tha amount of posts that get reported they probably have more than enough to be doing administering hand and wrist slaps, along occasional head bashes with ban hammers, that they just don't have time to respond to every user who reports a post

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

All my matches on that Boards matchmaking thing were chicks :(

I did, however, manage to get a snog the "old fashioned" way on Friday. Some scrap of my mojo remains, rejoice!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Honey-ec wrote: »
    All my matches on that Boards matchmaking thing were chicks :(

I did, however, manage to get a snog the "old fashioned" way on Friday. Some scrap of my mojo remains, rejoice!

i think its purely based on who thanks your posts and vice versa

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

i think its purely based on who thanks your posts and vice versa

That was my suspicion, alright, cause it's all the people I get on best with in the forum i post in most.

Anyway, lads, I've been wobbling dangerously close to rejoining POF over the past few days, talk me out of it, I beg you!

That was my suspicion, alright, cause it's all the people I get on best with in the forum i post in most.

Anyway, lads, I've been wobbling dangerously close to rejoining POF over the past few days, talk me out of it, I beg you!

Don't do it!!!

Save yourself the inevitable mickey pics, the guys with their tops off who REALLY should be keeping the flabby bits covered, the hairy ape impersonators.

You will want to burn your eyes out and eat frozen acid for even thinking about men after 30 seconds of POF.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Here's my results :D

UsernameCompatibility Lariannexxxxxxxxxx
    Galvaseanxxxxxxx
    Panthroxxxxxx
    K-9xxxxx
    GrumPyxxx
    Hardonragingxxx
    newbee22xxx
    LyndaMcLxxx
    That_Guyxx
    Mental Mickeyxx
    Pembilyxx

How you all doin? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Do eeeeet............

You're good at trading war stories.

Honey-ec, if you feel up to it, you may as well re-join.

I remember your reason for leaving it a while back, and if you feel you're past that enough to start dating again, then go for it.

If you're not sure, then best to leave it a while.

That said, your stories are generally hilarious when you're doing it, so the selfish part of me says 'DO IT NOW GURRL.'

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Come to the beers this Saturday night instead. Not to pick up, but to meet people and widen your social circle! Or at least have a good laugh about online dating. :D
    Here's my results :D

UsernameCompatibility Lariannexxxxxxxxxx

How you all doin? :D

Second time topping someones list! WHOO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Nah you should go for it. You'll have a surplus of options. ;)

I got a message from a girl on POF saying that I seemed normal and she said that was the best compliment she has ever given someone on POF. Wowzers!

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Nah you should go for it. You'll have a surplus of options. ;)

I got a message from a girl on POF saying that I seemed normal and she said that was the best compliment she has ever given someone on POF. Wowzers!

Since when is 'You seem normal,' much of a compliment? I dunno if it's just me, but that read as really arrogant. :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Jeez, I'm really throwing myself into this head first!

Just asked one of the guys I was chatting to if he felt more comfortable getting to know each other more, or happy to take the plunge and meet up.

Added that I'd be happy to meet up because we seemed to have lots in common and I liked his photo's to see if it translated in real life, just to be a little more direct on my position.

We've been talking quite a bit over the couple of days, so thought feck it. I'd see it trailing off otherwise and that'd be a shame.

lol hopefully I haven't scared him off :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Maybe I am the problem but I now remember why I left. The guys who can't spell; the ones who pretend to be normal for a few messages, lure you in, then boom!- do you want to meet up and sit on my face; the ones for whom I am but a colour; the ones who seem really nice if a little too keen but for no apparent reason stop talking to you...I am an adult- I can handle rejection- just let me know for craps sake. :confused::confused: I need a shot of good-story direct to the bloodstream.

yeahimhere wrote: »
    . .

lol hopefully I haven't scared him off :)

If he bails, then it's best off to know early on. Personally, if a woman asked me out, I'd be delighted!! :-)

I'm chatting to a lady 12 years my junior. She's really nice and we get on quite well but I'm not sure about the age difference. She's the same age as my little sister !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

If he bails, then it's best off to know early on. Personally, if a woman asked me out, I'd be delighted!! :-)

Nope he didn't, have a date set up for this week. :D:D

I'm just going to try and not over think it, at least I'll be busy in work that day so won't have time to.....now to look at my wardrobe and wardrobe and find something that looks like I'm making an effort but not trying to hard... *joke* :cool:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement