Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Herrick wrote: »
    So do you reckon your ex put her up to it or something?

I mean if they are close friends would your date not have known you?

No this just came out during the date. She knows her through work.
    LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Did she know you used to date your ex? If she did, she's either messing with your head, or REALLY lacking in friendship and loyalty towards your ex, neither of which bode well for you!

We got onto a subject that both the date, myself and my ex are interested in. She was telling me about this friend of her that had this item and was describing it. I said yep I know it because I helped build it. That and I was talking about a breed of dog I had briefly and gave her the name of the dog, the same name of the dog my ex has. So it was all pieced together.

When she said "oh you're that guy" when I said I used to date her friend I knew someone has been bad mouthing me, which would fit in well with my ex. Anyway, she said oh this is awkward and showing her age and immaturity ran from the coffee shop !! :rolleyes:

I'm seriously fed up with this now, without even trying I've had some seriously bad dates recently :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

KTRIC wrote: »
    No this just came out during the date. She knows her through work.

We got onto a subject that both the date, myself and my ex are interested in. She was telling me about this friend of her that had this item and was describing it. I said yep I know it because I helped build it. That and I was talking about a breed of dog I had briefly and gave her the name of the dog, the same name of the dog my ex has. So it was all pieced together.

When she said "oh you're that guy" when I said I used to date her friend I knew someone has been bad mouthing me, which would fit in well with my ex. Anyway, she said oh this is awkward and showing her age and immaturity ran from the coffee shop !! :rolleyes:

I'm seriously fed up with this now, without even trying I've had some seriously bad dates recently :(

Oh ffs what an idiot, running out of a shop. The least she could have done was said she wasn't comfortable with a friends ex and said ye should leave it there and then leave. I can't imagine any possible bad mouthing from your ex would warrant such a dramatic exit.

What a freak :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

What a complete and utter nut job! :eek:

Well shot of her, mate. Is it that difficult to say 'Look, I don't think this is going to work, but thanks for coming out anyway?'

Herrick wrote: »
    Oh ffs what an idiot, running out of a shop. The least she could have done was said she wasn't comfortable with a friends ex and said ye should leave it there and then leave. I can't imagine any possible bad mouthing from your ex would warrant such a dramatic exit.

What a freak :eek:

It was partially getting her coat on and hurriedly saying that. Along with leaving me with the bill.

Its left a really sour taste in my mouth. I'm more shocked that my ex is still bad mouthing me all this time later. How pathetic :rolleyes:

I'm very very very close to giving up at this stage. I was shocked with the amount of new messages I've been getting recently but I don't know what it is I just seem to be attracting the wrong women !!.

I'm starting to feel like those women that proclaim "any decent men out there !! " in their profiles !!

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    What a complete and utter nut job! :eek:

Well shot of her, mate. Is it that difficult to say 'Look, I don't think this is going to work, but thanks for coming out anyway?'

I was going to say that but she cut to the chase. I would have been more polite about the whole thing.

• Advertisement

KTRIC wrote: »
    It was partially getting her coat on and hurriedly saying that. Along with leaving me with the bill.

Its left a really sour taste in my mouth. I'm more shocked that my ex is still bad mouthing me all this time later. How pathetic :rolleyes:

I'm very very very close to giving up at this stage. I was shocked with the amount of new messages I've been getting recently but I don't know what it is I just seem to be attracting the wrong women !!.

I'm starting to feel like those women that proclaim "any decent men out there !! " in their profiles !!

Of course, in her hurry to run away, she couldn't throw a note or two on the table, bloody typical. :rolleyes: I hate women like that, they give the rest of us a bad name. :mad:

I wouldn't let this get you down too much. It's just one more psycho you've waded through in the sea of women. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i wouldnt put that down as psychotic,she felt awkward so left in a hurry.i dont think she got up and sprinted out of the place in a dramatic fashion. yeah she should have given some money but might have just paniced and forgot, no excuse but pyschotic i think not

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

On the other hand we don't know what tales this woman has been told, if you found yourself sitting across the table from someone's mythical "crazy ex" you'd beat a hasty exit too.

sharper wrote: »
    On the other hand we don't know what tales this woman has been told, if you found yourself sitting across the table from someone's mythical "crazy ex" you'd beat a hasty exit too.

Well thats what I'm thinking. She's just messaged me and told me she was told about the relationship ye both had. In other words she was fed a load of BS from my ex. Quite pathetic to be honest.

And I'm out...........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I wouldn't let that put me off entirely. So you met an oddball? Happens to us all. You'll be laughing about it on this thread in a couple of weeks time. Like that date I had... in A&E...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Galvasean wrote: »
    I wouldn't let that put me off entirely. So you met an oddball? Happens to us all. You'll be laughing about it on this thread in a couple of weeks time. Like that date I had... in A&E...

It's a bit unfair to call her an oddball though. She has obviously heard stories about ktric, true or not it doesn't matter, and her youth and inexperience and immaturity about sticky and awkward situations let her down.

:eek:

Eh, what, do tell ??

It's a bit unfair to call her an oddball though. She has obviously heard stories about ktric, true or not it doesn't matter, and her youth and inexperience and immaturity about sticky and awkward situations let her down.

Hit the nail on the head. I've disabled all my accounts for now, just can't cope with the crap to be honest. Maybe I'll change my mind the other side of christmas.

Wasn't she 21? That's not THAT inexperienced and immature, in fairness.

I understand listening to stories from friends. My friend bitches about her 'wánker' ex all the time. If I accidentally ended up on a date with him, I'd feel extremely awkward and weirded out, for sure. I'd still have the decency to pay some money, apologise and leave. Sorry, but I DO think that it's odd that she'd be lacking in basic manners and decency.

I do think 21 is a bit old to flee from a coffee shop like that. Strikes me as odd. Hence my oddball comment.

I think it was the plastic mack and my fascination with Huey Lewis and the News that pushed her over the edge though :(

6a00d83451c83e69e20168eada274e970c-500wi

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jogathon

Does anyone use beautiful people.com? Is it full of shallow people who are obsessed with themselves? Or is it for normal, attractive people?

Jogathon wrote: »
    Does anyone use beautiful people.com? Is it full of shallow people who are obsessed with themselves? Or is it for normal, attractive people?

Well, if I remember correctly, you have to be voted in by other members, which seems a bit arrogant to me. That said, I got voted in, so whatever, I love those people. :pac: I don't think the people on it are anything special tbh, you just won't find extremely unattractive people on it. Many distinctly average people, myself included, get voted in.

Jogathon wrote: »

You mean POF isn't...

• Advertisement

You mean POF isn't...

In fairness you could say that abut all dating sites!.

Especially after a while in the "wilderness of no replies"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

How about an OD thread beers?? :D:D

Dovies wrote: »
    How about an OD thread beers?? :D:D

Sounds good in theory, the only problem would be that people could turn up with the express intention of hooking up with someone else from the thread, which could lead to nastiness and bickering on here afterwards.
    People could also be turning up wanting to see what the competition is like too, and then getting annoyed if they recognised someone who they mailed but were rejected by.

You'd nearly want a good behaviour bond from everyone before turning up!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Sounds good in theory, the only problem would be that people could turn up with the express intention of hooking up with someone else from the thread, which could lead to nastiness and bickering on here afterwards.
    People could also be turning up wanting to see what the competition is like too, and then getting annoyed if they recognised someone who they mailed but were rejected by.

You'd nearly want a good behaviour bond from everyone before turning up!! :D

But we are all lovely on this thread! ;)
    I have no compeition on here anyway cos I think Im the elderly lemon! :(

Dovies wrote: »
    But we are all lovely on this thread! ;)
    I have no compeition on here anyway cos I think Im the elderly lemon! :(

I know that we are all lovely, you know that we are all lovely, but if someone who lurks here, not a poster (and god knows we have plenty of them... WE CAN SEE YOU LURKERS HIDING IN THE SHADOWS!!!! :D )turned up and recognised me as someone that they mailed, then later on in the night with beer on board accosted me about it, it would spoil the night for me!!

EDIT

Not saying i get a lot of mails anyway, but still.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

There is no reason why it can't be organised via PM once people register an interest in going ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

So its all well and good saying that its a meet up and not a "meet" up cos people might have ignored messages etc. But what do you do if that situation arises?

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So its all well and good saying that its a meet up and not a "meet" up cos people might have ignored messages etc. But what do you do if that situation arises?

stare at your feet and shuffle awkwardly!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

stare at your feet and shuffle awkwardly!! :D

Gotta love an awkward situation. Where can I sign up? I'd be up for meeting up for drinkies and sharing our experiences. Not been on here long or on OD for long so I might be one of those "lurkers" I've heard talk about. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

So yeah, online dating. That friend of mine is still going through the men of POF at an alarming rate. I'm pretty sure she's just in it for the free alcohol at this point :rolleyes:

Ha I hope this is not in reference to me :p

Hey, long time lurker here, ive had success online before and enjoy meeting people, but does anyone else find their ability to recognise a genuine person failing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement