Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Ammsy500

Daveysil15 wrote: »

Yeah it seems to be confusing the guys about what women are looking for. Maybe that's why so many of them feel compelled to act like pervs and share dic pics.

Hmm yes this must be what they think we want.... But then if that's what some women are saying they want I can see why guys are putting that on their profile. I think they want the money and lifestyle he offers and ye some may want the bedroom antics :P but that guy is so far from reality it's ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

are women openly looking for mr grey on profile? i wonder if pof is getting more of a rep for being good place for quick shag as theres definitely more men loosing for nsa. sounds like there are more women doing the same

I've always felt that about POF... definitely more of a 'cattle mart' feel to the place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I've always felt that about POF... definitely more of a 'cattle mart' feel to the place

Well in terms of reply rate, I've had much more success with POF than OKC. POF may be a cattle mart, but OKC is like a ghost town. The pickings are slim.

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Well in terms of reply rate, I've had much more success with POF than OKC. POF may be a cattle mart, but OKC is like a ghost town. The pickings are slim.

Same.
    And most of the OKC messages I have received have been from guys in the middle east. Sometimes Africa, but mostly the middle east!

Think I got used to, and ended up enjoying, the cattle mart. Bet I only last three weeks again this time though. It's only fun at the start.

I'm the exact opposite. Have a MUCH higher reply (and date) rate from OKC. There may be fewer women, but I'm not a teenager anymore. It's quality, not quantity!! :-p

• Advertisement

I think I'm too weird for OKC :o Granted I attract a lot of freaks on POF, but who doesn't... but there are gems in the rough.

I wouldn't say anyone is too weird for any site. You will always find someone who perks your interest.

As for the gems? Before my last relationship I was on Match, POF, OKC & AF. Had one date from match, still in touch with her. One date from OKC, still in touch with her, none from AF and none from POF. didn't even get a reply from anyone on POF.

I wouldn't say anyone is too weird for any site. You will always find someone who perks your interest.

As for the gems? Before my last relationship I was on Match, POF, OKC & AF. Had one date from match, still in touch with her. One date from OKC, still in touch with her, none from AF and none from POF. didn't even get a reply from anyone on POF.

Good and bad luck I guess! I've only dated three guys (as in, for a period of few weeks or more) from any dating site... two from Maybefriends, back when it was good, and one off POF. One from MBF is my best friend in the world, we were together three years.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

i dont think ive met anyone off okc, mainly pof. i have more luck on pof, i dont seem to attract guys on okc

Suppose I should match my profiles more closely, as far as I remember I have a photo of myself at 22 doing my Richey Edwards impression up on OKC :o
    Might log in later....

• Advertisement

Suppose I should match my profiles more closely, as far as I remember I have a photo of myself at 22 doing my Richey Edwards impression up on OKC :o
    Might log in later....
    that all depends really.... If you are 24, that's still acceptable...32, might be stretching it a bit though!! :)

that all depends really.... If you are 24, that's still acceptable...32, might be stretching it a bit though!! :)

Well yeah, but I still look 22!!

It's not my main image, it's just a Manicsfan thing :o Probably best to keep the Manicsfan stuff for special occasions. Like Manics gigs :o

budgese wrote: »

Well yeah, but I still look 22!!

It's not my main image, it's just a Manicsfan thing :o Probably best to keep the Manicsfan stuff for special occasions. Like Manics gigs :o

Nice dodging of the age question!! :-D

Nice dodging of the age question!! :-D

32 was close ;)
    I'm 31. But I do look 22, not kidding!!

I do think POF is a lot easier for people my age, whereas my experience of MBF, when I was 28, was that it tended to be late 30s to mid 40s who had the biggest pool to fish from.

32 was close ;)
    I'm 31. But I do look 22, not kidding!!

I do think POF is a lot easier for people my age, whereas my experience of MBF, when I was 28, was that it tended to be late 30s to mid 40s who had the biggest pool to fish from.

I haven't gone back on POF since I came back to the sites back in August. And I call myself MID 30's!! :-)

Dunno what it is about POF (probably me!!) but when I was there the women just didn't reply!!

OKC just seems to suit me better.

I think my "After Hours" type attitude (for want of a better description) on the internets is just more suited to POF than OKC! Used to love MBF back in the day but that place was wild in the chatroom and message board... made many good friends, male and female, many of whom I'm still in touch with, all have left because the place just died... cost too much really!

I think my "After Hours" type attitude (for want of a better description) on the internets is just more suited to POF than OKC! Used to love MBF back in the day but that place was wild in the chatroom and message board... made many good friends, male and female, many of whom I'm still in touch with, all have left because the place just died... cost too much really!

AnotherFriend was the EXACT same back in the day. A chat room where pretty much anything went, made friends there that I'm still in contact with. Dated a few people, feck it, even got invited to one of their weddings!!

Then they broke it by "improving" the site. Lost all their regulars in the space of 3 months. Now it's a shadow of its former self. Still has thousands of users online, but the 'fun' element of the site is gone.

AnotherFriend was the EXACT same back in the day. A chat room where pretty much anything went, made friends there that I'm still in contact with. Dated a few people, feck it, even got invited to one of their weddings!!

Then they broke it by "improving" the site. Lost all their regulars in the space of 3 months. Now it's a shadow of its former self. Still has thousands of users online, but the 'fun' element of the site is gone.

I'm not sure why MBF went under so to speak, I left because I had met someone (but stayed on it for a while after because of the friends!) but still got invited to the meet ups via Facebook. Some migrated to AF and loved it there, sad that it went the same way too.

I'm not sure why MBF went under so to speak, I left because I had met someone (but stayed on it for a while after because of the friends!) but still got invited to the meet ups via Facebook. Some migrated to AF and loved it there, sad that it went the same way too.

MBF & AF are affiliated now. I rejoined AF back in August, and got asked did I want to 'share' my profile on MBF. I foolishly said yes and keep on getting bot mails from MBF now. Bloody head wrecking!!

Still get the odd mail on AF though so couldn't be arsed closing it. Just have them going to spam!! ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,002 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Right so its been a while since i tried this junk but the long dark cold winter nights have me feeling a bit lonely so thought id give it another bash.
    Its been about 7-8 months since i last gave this a go.
    Gonna throw out a couple of messages tonight and hope for the best, although my last go at this resulted in VERY few responses unfortunately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Maybe a bigger pool all right but unfortunately a lot of the men in that age group have done the wife and kids etc and now just want to sow their wild oats again so to speak.

Dovies wrote: »
    Maybe a bigger pool all right but unfortunately a lot of the men in that age group have done the wife and kids etc and now just want to sow their wild oats again so to speak.

which leaves the genuine single blokes in that age group pretty much f*cked

Or not, if you take it literally!! ;):D

Lol not! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Personally, I'd be leaning towards one of you guys, not one of those guys! And I think most women who are single in that age bracket would be doing the same given the choice. Unfortunately at our age, the likelihood of meeting someone with no baggage is slim.

miamee wrote: »
    Personally, I'd be leaning towards one of you guys, not one of those guys! And I think most women who are single in that age bracket would be doing the same given the choice. Unfortunately at our age, the likelihood of meeting someone with no baggage is slim.

the problem is sorting out the genuine single bloke from the 'genuine' single bloke!!

For all you folks know I could be married with 3 kids, 5 mortgages on rental properties and afraid to answer the phone in case it's the bank manager telling me to vacate the premises!! :D

For what it's worth, I'm not married, don't have any kids and only have one house, and the bank manager and me are on speaking terms, even if we don't speak!! ;)

For what it's worth, I'm not married, don't have any kids and only have one house, and the bank manager and me are on speaking terms, even if we don't speak!! ;)

OOOOHHHHH A catch! ;);)

Dovies wrote: »
    OOOOHHHHH A catch! ;);)

Not everyone sees it that way though Dovies!! :o;)

Where's that little smiley of some dude bawling his eyes out when you need him?? :D

Not everyone sees it that way though Dovies!! :o;)

Where's that little smiley of some dude bawling his eyes out when you need him?? :D

Lol was just thinking why have we no crying man over on the right! :(
    Purple sad will do!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

No crying in here on a Friday morning please! ;):pac:

• Advertisement

Enough flirting with Knucklehead and back on topic :o

Reading this thread the last few months Im just wondering if OKC has improved? When I joined before Xmas last year it was fairly quiet. Because it was new there didn't seem to be too many people on. Has it got better? Should I give it another go?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement