Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

Ok, I am just about to start mailing. Just to point out, I will be mailing people that I fancy etc, as if I am putting effort into this and they reply, I may as well be mailing half decent people, just in case something comes out of it!!!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

dub5 wrote: »
    Ok, I am just about to start mailing. Just to point out, I will be mailing people that I fancy etc, as if I am putting effort into this and they reply, I may as well be mailing half decent people, just in case something comes out of it!!!;)

I will be personally devastated if I don't make the 'half decent' grade :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

I think this a bit like the rich man envying the simple life of the poor man and the poor man envying the material wealth of the rich man.

Which you identify with and value more is really a reflection of your own experiences. Men love the idea of getting a lot of attention without having to do anything because it's the direct opposite of their normal experience. Women like the idea of it being more acceptable for them to make the first move and getting less of a "Huh? What's going on here?" type response.

Personally I don't particularly like "hi hows u" type crap from people I'm not interested in nor do I like seeing someone I think I'd get along with, taking a bit of time to write a message and then getting nothing or a "Oh thanks for dropping by, see you" type response.

We all want to meet someone that's right for us, we're all basically in the same boat in that regard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Varied

Bit wary about tonight :o

I've only ever met someone off the Internet once but I knew her pretty well. This is a complete stranger. Gah!

Varied wrote: »

I've only ever met someone off the Internet once but I knew her pretty well. This is a complete stranger. Gah!

Good luck tonight. Sure its a night out anyway, even if it is a disaster.
    Galvasean wrote: »
    I will be personally devastated if I don't make the 'half decent' grade :pac:

Ok, I have mailed 10 men. It was hard going even picking out that many. You might make it into the next 10:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Good luck tonight. Sure its a night out anyway, even if it is a disaster.

Ok, I have mailed 10 men. It was hard going even picking out that many. You might make it into the next 10:D

Ok I'm finished. 20 women. I've had 2 reply's so far, including yourself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Aww I missed the cut! Devastated;)

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Ok I'm finished. 20 women. I've had 2 reply's so far, including yourself. :D

I didnt reply to you!!!

First Analysis ...... The man finished mailing before the woman did. Does this mean that the man did not put as much thought into the mails as the woman did

First Analysis ...... The man finished mailing before the woman did. Does this mean that the man did not put as much thought into the mails as the woman did

Perhaps he has different (I hesitate to use 'lower') standards? Perhaps there are more good female profiles out there than male ones? It could be any one (or more than likely a combination) of many things. Unless we got to inspect each mail from both parties and the profiles they messaged in fine detail we can only speculate.

Or maybe I'm just a fast typer!

• Advertisement

Ok, I am done. 20 males have been mailed. Apologies to anyone on here that didnt make the cut but if I dont get any replies from the 20, I might consider you guys :D

Devastated I didnt get a mail from a mail from Davey

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Ok, I am done. 20 males have been mailed. Apologies to anyone on here that didnt make the cut but if I dont get any replies from the 20, I might consider you guys :D

Booo, I wasn't included in your survey!

G-Money wrote: »

Booo, I wasn't included in your survey!

Ah sorry, maybe you are outside my age bracket that I go for!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

if I dont get any replies from the 20, I might consider you guys :D

Finally! See I knew this day had to come!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

Good Luck tonight!! :D

Hope it goes well for ya!!

220px-1980_Summer_Olympics_bronze_medal.JPG

220px-1980_Summer_Olympics_bronze_medal.JPG

If all the men could pm me their link I would gladly take a look at you all....lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You'll be grand. Remember she will probably be just as nervous!!! Just have a few conversation starters in your head ready. Have fun! :)

A girl replied to me saying she was dub5. I assumed it was you. :confused: How many photos do you have up?

A girl replied to me saying she was dub5. I assumed it was you. :confused: How many photos do you have up?

About 4 I think. I haven't got any mail today

• Advertisement

A girl replied to me saying she was dub5. I assumed it was you. :confused:

Now that is perplexing. Perhaps it was a fellow boardsie who has been watching this thread and fancies some mischief?

A girl replied to me saying she was dub5. I assumed it was you. :confused:

Now that is perplexing. Perhaps it was a fellow boardsie who has been watching this thread and fancies some mischief?

Interesting alright.

Larianne wrote: »
    You'll be grand. Remember she will probably be just as nervous!!! Just have a few conversation starters in your head ready. Have fun! :)

If by conversation starters you mean drinks then I'm getting there :P

If by conversation starters you mean drinks then I'm getting there :P

NO NO NO....dont get pissed:eek:

NO NO NO....dont get pissed:eek:

Nah I'm not that stupid. Just one or two to calm the nerves.

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Ok some I've been lurking on this thread for a while and have been on OKC for about a month. Have had a couple of dates and they have gone well. My issue now is this one guy that has been contacting me all along.

He is really nice and I think he is cute. At first we were talking alot and it was really interesting. However now most of his messages are one sentence long with very little content. Normally I would think that he wasn't interested in me, but he always initiates conversation, always! Most days there will be a mail waiting for me but very quickly the conversation ends up with me trying to write at least a paragraph to every reply and him writing back a sentence, or sometimes just a word!! I'm just finding it very frustrating. He lives in a different part of the country so we just can't meet up for a coffee.

I know he is capable of talking as he did at the start, but now he seems to have gotten lazy. But I don't understand why he keeps talking to me if he has nothing to say??

Ok some I've been lurking on this thread for a while and have been on OKC for about a month. Have had a couple of dates and they have gone well. My issue now is this one guy that has been contacting me all along.

He is really nice and I think he is cute. At first we were talking alot and it was really interesting. However now most of his messages are one sentence long with very little content. Normally I would think that he wasn't interested in me, but he always initiates conversation, always! Most days there will be a mail waiting for me but very quickly the conversation ends up with me trying to write at least a paragraph to every reply and him writing back a sentence, or sometimes just a word!! I'm just finding it very frustrating. He lives in a different part of the country so we just can't meet up for a coffee.

I know he is capable of talking as he did at the start, but now he seems to have gotten lazy. But I don't understand why he keeps talking to me if he has nothing to say??

In my opinion I would reckon he had lost interest. Its the usual story.....all keen at the start, daily long messages and then after roughly 6 weeks (for me anyway), the messages get a bit dull and short etc. Basically I think that alot of men are scared to actually say that they are not interested anymore, which is silly really, as women would prefer the honesty.

The way I look at it is, if you are questioning his motives at this stage and you havent even met him, just move on dont waste your time on him. Whats the point, life is too short.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

Sounds like he could have quite a few plates spinning...

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭the west wing

Yeah I think you guys are right. Thanks for the replies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah I think you guys are right. Thanks for the replies!

How come you haven't met up?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement