Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    My issue stemmed from the implication that, in general, anyone without money or a car was a loser. Jogathan has cleared that up now and said that he meant this specific guy is unreliable.

Well if you've no money to go on a date, why be on a frickin dating site.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt about the cheques clearing if he's self-employed etc, but then to say he was out getting pissed after telling andreac he couldn't meet her. Find it very odd that he would ask for a lift too.

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I wouldn't "look down on" someone for not having a car, but I do find adults who can't drive a bit odd, yeah. If you live in the middle of the city and just have no need for a car, then fine, but grown people who never learned to drive? I just find that weird. It's like learning to swim. You should know how to do it, even you never actually need to.

It's nothing to do with money/prestige and it's definitely not a gender thing for me. Everyone should know how to drive, end of.

Well I can't drive a car, but a can drive a power boat. Ya won't be able to drive a car when the big flood comes. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Larianne wrote: »

Well if you've no money to go on a date, why be on a frickin dating site.

I would give him the benefit of the doubt about the cheques clearing if he's self-employed etc, but then to say he was out getting pissed after telling andreac he couldn't meet her. Find it very odd that he would ask for a lift too.

Well I can't drive a car, but a can drive a power boat. Ya won't be able to drive a car when the big flood comes. :pac:

And THAT'S why we're all friends with you Lari!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

mood wrote: »
    Someone not willing to learn to drive/buy a car in the future would be a problem for me. I don't want to be someone's personal driver and it is vital if you want a family.

Woah... slow down. See how the dating goes before starting to plan a family. There'll be plenty of time for driving and baby making later.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I aint gettin' no car 'til I see the ultrasound! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Galvasean wrote: »
    I aint gettin' no car 'til I see the ultrasound! :pac:

A plane will get you a lot futher away if you are planning on doing a runner.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've been chatting though Skype to a lady for the past two weeks. We're getting on well, chatting most evenings. We arranged to meet this evening but in the past day she's been uncontactable. :(

Another day another muppet. Its very hard to keep a positive outlook with this happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭jimbobaloobob

Its sounds like your hanging your hopes on it too much.

Think of the old days when chance romance meant you might meet a girl in a pub or nightclub, if you were going to do anything about it you did. If you didnt youd hope that she might be there next week and you'd definately do something because tormenting yourself wasnt an option.

The social media stuff leads to alot more torment i think. Try not to take it as more than just conversation until ye arrange to meet or something and then see if the attraction is there.

Hope i dont sound like im preaching but try to let it be as it is. Its not costing you much energy so dont let it drain all yours either.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Woah... slow down. See how the dating goes before starting to plan a family. There'll be plenty of time for driving and baby making later.

It doesn't. We were talking about driving in general for a little while. That example popped into my mind because my cousin told me at the weekend that she won't get pregnant until her husband learns to drive! They live in the sticks and he is a lazy git being driven to work every day add one hour to her commute every day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

How is everybody...First post in this forum

I joined POF last night, drawn to it because it was free... Iv messaged 2 woman and no replies but no worries...Do you have to pay for them to receive the message or are the upgrades only for certain aspects of the website?

Jay

jay92 wrote: »
    How is everybody...First post in this forum

I joined POF last night, drawn to it because it was free... Iv messaged 2 woman and no replies but no worries...Do you have to pay for them to receive the message or are the upgrades only for certain aspects of the website?

Jay

You can send and recieve unlimited mail for free. The 'premium' stuff is stuff like viewing the 'hottest members', having a bigger picture of you in people's searches.
    edit: If you click that big blue 'upgrade' button it tells you the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

You can send and recieve unlimited mail for free. The 'premium' stuff is stuff like viewing the 'hottest members', having a bigger picture of you in people's searches.
    edit: If you click that big blue 'upgrade' button it tells you the rest.

Thank you mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Been a while since i was on this Can i ask the ladies why would ye/you block someone on POF?.If ur talking away& u send the Photo & then they block you.Is it Because you Know them ??

As others I only block if someone is rude or keeps sending me k**b pics! But I know some will block when they receive a pic and they simply don't fancy you - avoids having to say so in a mail I guess!

Dovies wrote: »
    As others I only block if someone is rude or keeps sending me k**b pics! But I know some will block when they receive a pic and they simply don't fancy you - avoids having to say so in a mail I guess!

This would be something that i've heard of too. Only ever if a user has a picture hidden though, and they release it to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Had a really nice date last night with a girl from POF, it'll be interesting to see how it goes as a second date seems a shoe-in.

On an unrelated note, came across this absolute GEM of a profile:
    Im not really good at these kinda a things normal girl looking for normal man write to me and il tell u all about my lovely self xxx Alsi i really like to be spoiled by man with gifts etc so u aint got the cash your trash ha ha yes i like my men rich
    ps the lads that tink im messing im not if your not rich **** off like jesus

Form an orderly queue, lads! :D

Love to know if its working for her! If it is ---- off to amend my profile! :D

Had a really nice date last night with a girl from POF, it'll be interesting to see how it goes as a second date seems a shoe-in.

Im not really good at these kinda a things normal girl looking for normal man write to me and il tell u all about my lovely self xxx Alsi i really like to be spoiled by man with gifts etc so u aint got the cash your trash ha ha yes i like my men rich
    ps the lads that tink im messing im not if your not rich **** off like jesus

At least she's honest.

I came across one the other night that specifies she has no kids in her blurb bit bit, but then in her details bit says she has a son....

personally, i wouldn't have a problem with seeing someone with kids from a previous relationship, but at least be consistent!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

At least she's honest.

I came across one the other night that specifies she has no kids in her blurb bit bit, but then in her details bit says she has a son....

personally, i wouldn't have a problem with seeing someone with kids from a previous relationship, but at least be consistent!! :)

I think I seen that profile before, alright! Makes no sense.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I think some people fill in the multiple choice buts as quickly as possible without really thinking about them. I have come across profiles on OKC (I think) where simple things like colour of hair, colour of eyes, height, etc. are all "rather not say" and you're left wondering why the flip not?! lol

miamee wrote: »
    I think some people fill in the multiple choice buts as quickly as possible without really thinking about them. I have come across profiles on OKC (I think) where simple things like colour of hair, colour of eyes, height, etc. are all "rather not say" and you're left wondering why the flip not?! lol

Think thats just sheer laziness!! I hate the ones that have 'will fill this in later, will fill this in later' just to get the required amount of characters. To me that smacks of NSA etc. If you are going to do OD then spend some time on your profile - dont just stick any old rubbish up - says she who could really do with a rewrite but at least its not blank!

I think I seen that profile before, alright! Makes no sense.

Pity... she's 17 different kindsa cute!!

• Advertisement

Pity... she's 17 different kindsa cute!!

So message her then! Can't let her pass by for what could be a simple typo! :p

Dovies wrote: »
    So message her then! Can't let her pass by for what could be a simple typo! :p

Already did, got back spam bot blurb.

THAT'S why it's a pity!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I'm seriously considering dying my hair (almost) black. I'd have to delete all my profile photos til I got a few new decent ones, though. The hassle...

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I'm seriously considering dying my hair (almost) black. I'd have to change all my profile photos til I got a few new decent ones, though. The hassle...

If it is already dark-ish you might get away with the pics you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

If it is already dark-ish you might get away with the pics you have?

Definitely not, I'm She-Ra blonde!

"ps the lads that tink im messing im not if your not rich **** off like jesus"

Poor Jesus. Can't get a lady friend because he gave all his stuff to poor people :(
    I'm seriously considering dying my hair (almost) black. I'd have to delete all my profile photos til I got a few new decent ones, though. The hassle...

MS Paint? :cool:

Definitely not, I'm She-Ra blonde!

Oh big change! :D So yeah, you will need some new pics, though one or two of the blond hair with a little note saying you are no longer blond would be ok too I reckon ;)

"ps the lads that tink im messing im not if your not rich **** off like jesus"

Poor Jesus. Can't get a lady friend because he gave all his stuff to poor people :(

MS Paint? :cool:

If she is so into money why can't see get rich herself :rolleyes:

Oh big change! :D So yeah, you will need some new pics, though one or two of the blond hair with a little note saying you are no longer blond would be ok too I reckon ;)

Yes. Just get bring out a camera on you next night out etc and you'll have a few to choose from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

Saw this profile alright. Close tab and move on. I wonder if these people actually get responses?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement