Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Blacktie. wrote: »
    Saw this profile alright. Close tab and move on. I wonder if these people actually get responses?

If they're any way daycent lookin they will.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

mood wrote: »
    If she is so into money why can't see get rich herself :rolleyes:

Because the best way to make money is to have someone else pay for everything on your behalf while you save your money...

Call me old skool, but any woman (or indeed man) who wants their partner to foot the bill for everything in their life shouldn't be allowed to vote.

On an unrelated note, came across this absolute GEM of a profile:

Form an orderly queue, lads! :D

That's nearly as good as the profile I came across:

Don’t contact me if:

you don't have any photo
    you are more than 35
    you are bald

you are short
    you are proud of drinking and smoking
    you have children
    you are divorced
    you are marriage
    you hit ladies
    you snore like a machine on. How can I sleep baby?
    you don't keep your word
    you hide yourself behind someone's photo
    you give up easily
    you are a chicken

Do contact me if:

you are a nice man, responsible, decent
    you speak english, french, italian, spanish or portuguese
    you know how to cook
    you are a gentleman
    you still believe in love and loyalty
    you dream about a romantic dinner
    you can protect me
    you feel like your days can be better with someone beside you
    you can make the difference

After all those we need to see if we click ;-)
    Life is not easy for anyone baby

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

^^^Oh my god, she said baby, like, twice !! Headwrecker right there.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Daveysil15 wrote: »

I wonder does she make good sandwhiches because they would have to be the best to put up with her !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

Just got the boot from the lady I was seeing for the past while......so.....what have I missed?

Nice to meet you all again :-(

Also slightly freaked out that im posting on page 666 on this thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

Date tomorrow :D:cool::eek:

Quite nervous tbh, never met a woman off the internet before (or anyone off it) and most dates have been with people I know - through friends etc.

Any top tips?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

GRMA wrote: »

Quite nervous tbh, never met a woman off the internet before (or anyone off it) and most dates have been with people I know - through friends etc.

Any top tips?

Remember, she'll be nervous too! I don't know if it works for everyone, but I tend to have a few questions prepared to get a conversation flowing, and I don't tend to have awkward silences on dates as a result (not many, anyway :pac: ). What are you guys doing?

Ultimately, the top tip anyone can give is to relax. See it as a chat with some person, not as a 'date.' It might calm you down seeing it that way.

My first ever OD date was about 4 years ago, and wasn't through a dating site. I was so nervous, I necked a few shots of rum before I left my house. I would NOT recommend that idea. :pac:

Really, just keep calm, remember she'll be nervous too, have a few questions ready that you can build a conversation on and above all else, try have fun!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

There was a girl's profile up earlier on, main picture was of her (presumably) standing in front of the camera, completely butt-naked! Brazilian on her and everything :D
    What's even weirder is that the profile content was normal and quite well-written. I was flabbergasted!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭Tchaikovsky

Don’t contact me if:

you don't have any photo
    you are more than 35
    you are bald
    you are short
    you are proud of drinking and smoking
    you have children
    you are divorced
    you are marriage
    you hit ladies
    you snore like a machine on. How can I sleep baby?
    you don't keep your word
    you hide yourself behind someone's photo
    you give up easily
    you are a chicken

Do contact me if:

you are a nice man, responsible, decent
    you speak english, french, italian, spanish or portuguese
    you know how to cook
    you are a gentleman
    you still believe in love and loyalty
    you dream about a romantic dinner
    you can protect me
    you feel like your days can be better with someone beside you
    you can make the difference

After all those we need to see if we click ;-)
    Life is not easy for anyone baby
    She must work in Human Resources :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

There was a girl's profile up earlier on, main picture was of her (presumably) standing in front of the camera, completely butt-naked! Brazilian on her and everything :D
    What's even weirder is that the profile content was normal and quite well-written. I was flabbergasted!

I cant believe you said that and didnt include a link :eek: lol

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

Just got the boot from the lady I was seeing for the past while......so.....what have I missed?

Also slightly freaked out that im posting on page 666 on this thread!

Sorry to hear that mate :mad:

What happened?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

Any top tips?

I was crazy nervous for my first one, just tried not to think about it too much and when I was heading in pretended like I was just meeting friends. Once the first 5 mins were over it wasn't awkward. It's easy to over think it and freak yourself out!

As Lynda said, have a few questions lined up just in case there you fall into any awkward silences to get back on track. I found having a quick flick though what we talked about previously helped with that.

I've my second OD date tomorrow! With the guy who said he wasn't able to meet until next week, but changed some plans tomorrow so we could. Excited that we've loads in common when messaging but nervous that I won't feel any attraction as with the first. Fingers crossed!

Glad we're getting it over with though, emailing for another week may have built it up a little bit too much or feel like we were turning into penpals!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

yeahimhere wrote: »
    I was crazy nervous for my first one, just tried not to think about it too much and when I was heading in pretended like I was just meeting friends. Once the first 5 mins were over it wasn't awkward. It's easy to over think it and freak yourself out!

As Lynda said, have a few questions lined up just in case there you fall into any awkward silences to get back on track. I found having a quick flick though what we talked about previously helped with that.

I've my second OD date tomorrow! With the guy who said he wasn't able to meet until next week, but changed some plans tomorrow so we could. Excited that we've loads in common when messaging but nervous that I won't feel any attraction as with the first. Fingers crossed!

Glad we're getting it over with though, emailing for another week may have built it up a little bit too much or feel like we were turning into penpals!

Good luck Enjoy it...Im still having trouble getting somebody to fecking respond lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Armaghmagic

fat__tony wrote: »

Sorry to hear that mate :mad:

What happened?

Thanks Tony :-)

We had been on 7 dates and pretty good ones at that and then yesterday I asked her to a festival that was on in my town and she said she was goig to dinner with friends, which was fine.

Then an hour later I get a text saying that there is no point carrying on as she isnt feeling it and I deserve better.....usual crap!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah flip, sorry to hear that. Don't think you missed much at all!

We had been on 7 dates and pretty good ones at that and then yesterday I asked her to a festival that was on in my town and she said she was goig to dinner with friends, which was fine.

Then an hour later I get a text saying that there is no point carrying on as she isnt feeling it and I deserve better.....usual crap!

Really sorry to hear that, mate. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭fat__tony

She sounds like a complete twat wasting your time like that. :mad:

Why the **** could she not tell you that after the 2nd or 3rd date instead of dragging it out to seven?

Women like this deserve to be punched in the face.

Why the **** could she not tell you that after the 2nd or 3rd date instead of dragging it out to seven?

Whoa... :eek: It's not that unusual for it to feel great for a few dates and then start to feel wrong. She had the decency to tell him out straight that it wasn't working, and she deserves a punch in the face? Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

No woman deserves to be hit by a man for any reason. It takes a very pathic man hit a woman who most likely is physically weaker and can't defend herself.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

lets leave out the violence, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Sorry to hear about , Chin up and head on the lash and then get back into O.D. and don't look back . I feel sorry to hear you had to take her out on 7 dates because it would have been better to take her out on 1 and for it not to work out because it will make you question yourself where did I go wrong .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Maybe instead of jumping to rash judgements she might have been giving benefit of doubt. Sometimes there's chemistry upon meeting and sometimes it grows.
    Hardly a crime and deserving of physical violence.
    Jaysus and ye wonder why women are a bit reluctant to meet up.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

That is a bit of an over reaction. I met a man through OD, first two dates were great third not so much. We didn't see each other for a week then met up and it was great again. On the 5th date I knew it wasn't happening for me so by your reasoning he should have punched me in the face when I told him.

You need to grow up a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

How do you know she 'dragged' it out? Maybe she had genuine feelings for him, but by date 6 she knew that it would only ever be feelings rather than developing into something more??

Most of us have been burned at one stage or another. That doesn't mean we should advocate violence. If I went around hitting the women who have disappointed/hurt/upset me I'd be serving time. And rightly so.

Date went very well.

We'd just arranged to meet at lunch time for a coffee, I didn't think there was much point arranging something special or expensive or whatever when we mightn't have liked one another, the I'd end up with a long awkward date. A coffee can last as long or as short as you'd like, but we ended up spending ages talking and stuff and just walking around the city chatting, felt we really clicked.

Had barely got in the door when I got home bout an hour ago before she sent me a text saying she'd had a great time and would love to meet me again soon :) A good sign I think haha

Have you ever seen a profile on an OD site and you can’t make up your mind whether or not you find them attractive? That may sound like a silly question, but I have seen a couple of profiles where the girl would have a couple of photos where she looks decent, and then a couple of others where she looks atrocious - liked inebriated on a toilet seat or something. So its like half and half and I can’t make up my mind sometimes.

Also I’ve noticed the foreign girls, in particular the Eastern European girls, generally have much better photos. Not necessarily professional photos, but properly exposed, sharp photos with a shallow depth of field and an uncluttered background. I think when it comes to photos for online dating, the focus should always be on the person, not your 7 friends or the toilets of a nightclub. Simple is best.

@GRMA - whooo!! Success

Have you ever seen a profile on an OD site and you can’t make up your mind whether or not you find them attractive? That may sound like a silly question, but I have seen a couple of profiles where the girl would have a couple of photos where she looks decent, and then a couple of others where she looks atrocious - liked inebriated on a toilet seat or something. So its like half and half and I can’t make up my mind sometimes.

Also I’ve noticed the foreign girls, in particular the Eastern European girls, generally have much better photos. Not necessarily professional photos, but properly exposed, sharp photos with a shallow depth of field and an uncluttered background. I think when it comes to photos for online dating, the focus should always be on the person, not your 7 friends or the toilets of a nightclub. Simple is best.
    I can never judge people by photos, always seem different in person.

Besides, some people are very hot and mightn't look it in a pic, but when you meet them there's just something about their personality and the way they carry themselves that makes them attractive.

• Advertisement

I can never judge people by photos, always seem different in person.

Besides, some people are very hot and mightn't look it in a pic, but when you meet them there's just something about their personality and the way they carry themselves that makes them attractive.

This happened to me where I was mailing a guy who in his photos didn't look anything special (that sounds terrible, but you know what I mean) but we had the same interests and the mail conversations were good. I nearly died when I met him. He was gorgeous, as in way outta my league!!! Pity it never got past the 2nd date though :(

Actually, I think most dates I've gone on, the guys have been better looking than their photos. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement