Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭DerekDGoldfish

Maybe thats why men like women with glasses its an indication of poor vision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Maybe thats why men like women with glasses its an indication of poor vision.

Not really, 'cause with the glasses on, my vision goes to 20-20. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Not really, 'cause with the glasses on, my vision goes to 20-20. :)

Yeah, but you have to take them off at some poiint. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

find they they can get in the way sometimes!

Larianne wrote: »
    Yeah, but you have to take them off at some poiint. ;)

That all depends on the man's fantasy. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I never seem to get any replies from women in my area. I always have to search elsewhere. I was chatting to a gorgeous blonde who had the same location as me as in her profile. So I was like :cool:

But after a few messages she tells me she lives in Cork and then I was like :mad::mad::mad:

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I never seem to get any replies from women in my area. I always have to search elsewhere. I was chatting to a gorgeous blonde who had the same location as me as in her profile. So I was like :cool:

But after a few messages she tells me she lives in Cork and then I was like :mad::mad::mad:

Do you live outside of Dublin? The counties outside of Dublin seem to have a hell of a lot less people on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

I defo think one of ye on here has me rumbled!! :pac:

Daveysil - well that's annoying. I've had a few people do that too. I can understand why people do it but still. Be honest and upfront people!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Daveysil - well that's annoying. I've had a few people do that too. I can understand why people do it but still. Be honest and upfront people!!

Someone has twigged you online??

Hate tha'!! :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Did she have somewhere different in her profile. I've had that a couple of times, men with Dublin in their profile. One told me he lied because he got no replies with his home county in his profile. He also said if I really wanted to meet him I should be happy to let him stay in my house :rolleyes: yeah like I've had half my brain removed and I'm going to give a stranger my address.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

POF is down for scheduled maintainence apparently. On a Sunday night!!!! Surely that's one of their busiest days/nights!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Do you live outside of Dublin? The counties outside of Dublin seem to have a hell of a lot less people on them.

Yeah I'm in Kildare, Maynooth to be precise buts that's practically on the Dublin border so I'd have no problem going into Dublin to meet someone. This girl had Dublin on her profile but she is from Cork. Pity! She was a fine bird.

Yeah I'm in Kildare, Maynooth to be precise buts that's practically on the Dublin border so I'd have no problem going into Dublin to meet someone. This girl had Dublin on her profile but she is from Cork. Pity! She was a fine bird.

Yeah, Maynooth-Dublin is fine. Anywhere within an hour or so of a drive is fine IMO. Bloody stupid saying you're from Dublin if you're from Cork, though. Cork's a huge city, it can't be THAT lacking in men.

im a little traumatised,came across profile of back of naked guy covered head to toe in body hair,fair enough having body hair but dont have a full nude pic of it!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

im a little traumatised,came across profile of back of naked guy covered head to toe in body hair,fair enough having body hair but dont have a full nude pic of it!
    Sweet baby Jesus :eek: I am actually dreading having to get back out there.
    Thinking of giving meetup.com a whirl for a while, just to get out there and meet new people without the pressure of romance for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

miamee wrote: »
    Sweet baby Jesus :eek: I am actually dreading having to get back out there.
    Thinking of giving meetup.com a whirl for a while, just to get out there and meet new people without the pressure of romance for now.

sounds like a good idea. Less pressure and you still have a good social aspect

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Ah not to worry, a few people on here have seen each other's profiles. Sure we're all in the same boat, it's no big deal. Unless you have any duck face poses...or hairy back pics like poor smallgarden had to look at there :D :pac:

hairy everywhere not just back! if thats a fellow boardsie you need to change your pics

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Had a date earlier with an absolute stunner... any lads on OKCupid might know who I'm talking about, she stands out!

Anyways, my gut instinct tells me the date went ok but that neither of us were blown away by the other, but where does one go after a date that might have gone either way? I just got a text from her saying that she was just home, and thanks for earlier... any advice, ladies? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭Cungi

Hey all.

Just joined OKC tonight as i POF was getting boring. Any advice on what pics to put up?
    I'm thinkin hairy back pics or pics of me lad.

I jest, i jest.
    But seriously, which site do you guys find better?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Cungi wrote: »
    Hey all.

Just joined OKC tonight as i POF was getting boring. Any advice on what pics to put up?
    I'm thinkin hairy back pics or pics of me lad.

I jest, i jest.
    But seriously, which site do you guys find better?

POF is more quantity over quality... you'll have more girls to choose from on POF, but the quality is all over the shop. OKCupid at least forces people to put some effort in.

I'd advise trying both... they're free and you'll have access to two different groups of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭D_murph

I finally get a message from a nice girl that lives near me and the bloody pof website goes down for maintenance in the middle of our chat to thwart me :rolleyes:. I couldnt reply to her for over half an hour and shes offline now so maybe we can pick this up where we left off tomorrow.

The one time Im making headway and all :rolleyes:...

P.S. this was over an hour ago BTW. I do realise that people go to bed at night lol but the interruption definitely could have been done without.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

been thinking about this for a while, and I think it was suggested before.. are people willing to view profiles of the opposite sex with a view to bettering the profile to get more replies, I am in the south so anyone Dublin direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

yeah pm me if you want me comment on profile worked for mine when i tried

• Registered Users Posts: 14,805 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Folks,
    There's a rule about asking to view each other's profile. Do so via PM, do not use the thread as an asking place.
    Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Date went really well yesterday. I'm fookin' hanging here, though. I sense Eddie Rockets or GBK in my very near future...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,598 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

Well I'm back to OD. The man I was seeing had issues with his ex and their kid. We are still in contact but more as friends then anything else. Pity but that's life.

So I turned one of my pics on POF public again last night and after 20 mins got a message from a man telling me he had just w*nked over my photo. So something's haven't changed. I wouldn't mind but the pic is of me sitting at my desk in work.

Going to give okcupid a go. There are a lot of questions do people answer them all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Going to give okcupid a go. There are a lot of questions do people answer them all?

No, there are literally hundreds of questions. They recommend you answer a minimum of 50 so they can match you properly, after that, it's entirely up to you how many you answer.

Well I'm back to OD. The man I was seeing had issues with his ex and their kid. We are still in contact but more as friends then anything else. Pity but that's life.

So I turned one of my pics on POF public again last night and after 20 mins got a message from a man telling me he had just w*nked over my photo. So something's haven't changed. I wouldn't mind but the pic is of me sitting at my desk in work.

Ah sorry to hear that, am in a similar boat since yesterday too. Bad timing, etc. but still in contact and friends. I've logged back on but not updated or even read my profile yet.
    Seriously, some people would get kicks out of anything. Morto for him if he though that was going to interest you in any way.

OKC - there are a limitless number of questions, they are mostly (or maybe all) set by users. You will never be able to answer them all, just answer a few when you are logged in and skip any ridiculous ones :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I tried OKC last year and didnt think much of it. But I will give it another go. Only problem is I cant remember username etc so may have to start again! Laptop is broken so will have to use my sons ipad which is not very conducive to typing! :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement