Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭yeahimhere

im a little traumatised,came across profile of back of naked guy covered head to toe in body hair,fair enough having body hair but dont have a full nude pic of it!

Just found him! Crazy because he has 6 normal photos up and then that shocker at the end!!

Unless, there's another one out there :eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

yeahimhere wrote: »
    If you were talking to the guy every day for three weeks and had two dates, I don't think one email when you were drunk (assuming that's what you mean!?) would have turned him off unless it was something fairly dodgy?

I'm not quite sure what the edited part means I'm afraid :(

Wasn't dodgy but sometimes less is more with emails. As in I was bored and just general ramblings. Relevant to the day, I don't know how to describe, not freaky but probably 2 emails too much? Not in double digits but ye know ye feel comfortable then all of a sudden yer like ****e!!!

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Wasn't dodgy but sometimes less is more with emails. As in I was bored and just general ramblings. Relevant to the day, I don't know how to describe, not freaky but probably 2 emails too much? Not in double digits but ye know ye feel comfortable then all of a sudden yer like ****e!!!

OMG I'm Miss Bored Overcommunicator! Form an orderly queue gents!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

OMG I'm Miss Bored Overcommunicator! Form an orderly queue gents!

Dont worry about it, just move on and enjoy yourself ! :)

jay92 wrote: »
    Dont worry about it, just move on and enjoy yourself ! :)

That's very nice of you to say I'm not crazy. ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 155 ✭✭jay92

That's very nice of you to say I'm not crazy. ;-)

It's crazy to be normal ;)

jay92 wrote: »
    It's crazy to be normal ;)

Too true! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

That wall that i talked about hitting where you need to take a break from OD for a while? Ran into it at full speed after spending 5 minutes on POF last night. Felt like it was more of a chore than anything else and i was logging on to the sites out of habit rather than any real hope/interest.

Think i'll leave the sites until the new year.... see what happens then.:o

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

That wall that i talked about hitting where you need to take a break from OD for a while? Ran into it at full speed after spending 5 minutes on POF last night. Felt like it was more of a chore than anything else and i was logging on to the sites out of habit rather than any real hope/interest.

Aw. They are quite overwhelming alright at times. Sure you never know what will happen over the party and holiday season :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Well its about 8 months since I have been online and Im quite enjoying getting back into it!! :D
    Watch out boys! :P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Dovies wrote: »
    Well its about 8 months since I have been online and Im quite enjoying getting back into it!! :D
    Watch out boys! :P

Rarrr! :D

miamee wrote: »
    Aw. They are quite overwhelming alright at times. Sure you never know what will happen over the party and holiday season :)

wasn't overwhelming at all... was more underwhelmed than anything else!! :D

Just had a feeling of "WTF am i doing??" so rather than give out about it, or start going on about how crap i'm finding the lack of replies etc, i'm gonna practice what i preach and get the flock out of them.

I'll leave the profiles active, just not log in unless i get a mail, and even then only out of curiosity more than any actual hope of something happening/developing.

miamee wrote: »
    Aw. Sure you never know what will happen over the party and holiday season :)

What do you guys do over the 'party season'? All the programmes on tv etc are showing clothes and make up for the 'party season'. Does anyone ever actually go to parties etc?? Because I know I certainly don't!! :confused:

What do you guys do over the 'party season'? All the programmes on tv etc are showing clothes and make up for the 'party season'. Does anyone ever actually go to parties etc?? Because I know I certainly don't!! :confused:

Well this time last year i was seeing someone, so it was different to the year before. :p

As a singly, the year before, just went out with my friends, met up with old friends and schoolmates and put the fact that i was single out of my head. Spent Midnight on new years having a nice long piss!! :D:D

Not that many parties, more likely going out for drinks with work peoples and friends, going to shows, work Christmas party, etc. Not that many *actual* parties aside from the work one to be fair.

As a singly, the year before, just went out with my friends, met up with old friends and schoolmates and put the fact that i was single out of my head. Spent Midnight on new years having a nice long piss!! :D:D

My friends are all married with kids and Im lucky to get them out twice a year - christmas is not one of those times! Although this year Im away for christmas - currently shaking the mothballs off the bikini! :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Yep, have my first party this Thursday, it's one the hotel we use in work throw every year to thank bookers for our business.

Then have company Christmas party, department Christmas party, party for a guy in who's going home to the States for good on the 14th. Will also organise specific nights out with two separate sets of friends and my siblings.

My friends are all married with kids and Im lucky to get them out twice a year - christmas is not one of those times! Although this year Im away for christmas - currently shaking the mothballs off the bikini! :cool:

All my friends are married too, only one couple without kids yet, but we're mostly around the area where we are from so grandparents babysitting services get used quite a lot!! :p

It does mean that there will be a couple of nights in with just my mutts for company, but that doesn't really bother me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Well this time last year i was seeing someone, so it was different to the year before. :p

Too much info!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 meepmeepmeep

hey guys bit of a lurker looking for a bit of advice :D

So got chatting to a guy for a bit (he had no pics up but his profile was great) and asked him to send me some pics after a few messages but he asked if we could chat a bit more first, so 3 more days of chatting and he has just sent me a pic, and well (as I expected tbh) I don't find him attractive - what do I do?! be honest with him or just not reply?. I feel bad now cos he seems like a really lovely guy, either way it's gona suck ugh I knew this would happen :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

So got chatting to a guy for a bit (he had no pics up but his profile was great) and asked him to send me some pics after a few messages but he asked if we could chat a bit more first, so 3 more days of chatting and he has just sent me a pic, and well (as I expected tbh) I don't find him attractive - what do I do?! be honest with him or just not reply?. I feel bad now cos he seems like a really lovely guy, either way it's gona suck ugh I knew this would happen :(

I would say the best thing you could do is not reply because you will hurt his feelings more . The last time I got a message from somebody I didn't really want to get to know . I was nice to her and all I got was a torrent of abuse of her .

As you said either way is gonna suck. Him not having pictures up leaves him open to this type of thing happening.
    The way I see it, you have 4 options.
    1) Be blunt. Tell him you are not attracted to him. The conversation will more than likely end.
    2) Be subtle. Don't answer as quick. Let him see you are online but not replying. Eventually us thick blokes get the message.
    3) Continue as you are, but if he asks you out tell him you are not attracted to him, be straight up and honest.
    4) Give the guy a chance. Maybe he just takes a bad pic. I've been told I'm better looking in 3D world than my pictures.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

hI feel bad now cos he seems like a really lovely guy, either way it's gona suck ugh I knew this would happen :(

I think that after chatting for so long just blanking him would be a bit harsh. You could say something along the lines of "I think we should just be friends" and hopefully he'll get the idea (and maybe since you actually get on otherwise, you actually do want to be friends with him).

It does run the risk of him either becoming clingy or aggressive but you then you can start ignoring him just as easily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Galvasean wrote: »
    Question: what is that silver chair/throne thingy in about 6 million girls' profiles?

Maybe that's the pedestal thing we were discussing earlier. It's there for the divas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Just had a look at POF for the first time.
    Anyone else find it a bit... grim? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

This is why i insist on pics from the word go, if someone messages me with no pic, i just say i dont chat to people without pics and can you send one?

If they dont send one then i don't engage with them and if they do and im not attracted to them i just dont reply or just say, sorry, im not interested in chatting and leave it at that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

accounts deleted,yous have missed the boat lads!

accounts deleted,yous have missed the boat lads!
    Everything or just POF?

Siuin wrote: »
    Just had a look at POF for the first time.
    Anyone else find it a bit... grim? :/

I lasted 5 minutes on it last night before re-evaluating my entire thought processes about using online dating!!

Which resulted in my decision this morning to take a prolonged break from it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

I lasted 5 minutes on it last night before re-evaluating my entire thought processes about using online dating!!

Which resulted in my decision this morning to take a prolonged break from it!
    I was rather creeped out by how quickly everyone jumps on new members... especially the oldies and scumbags who can't spell...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement