Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Unsolicited mail last night.
    Chats today
    Date Saturday.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Unsolicited mail last night.
    Chats today
    Date Saturday.

Woo woo!! :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Dovies wrote: »
    Lol very true. One thing I have noticed lately is a lot of new users on POF are looking for 'intimate encounters'. Each to their own but why do they have to have pics of their naked kn**s as their main pic. Only way to report them is to click on their profile and report for not being a headshot (:eek:). You can email the site too but surely it would be better to have another 'report' button somewhere on the site? Am I making sense?

There is a 'report user' option when on someone's profile page on POF and 'block user' when in a mail sent by them - this is on the app, I'm not sure if the main site is the same. Thankfully, I have not had to use them too often.

miamee wrote: »

Woo woo!! :D

And I said I was leaving too!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

There is a 'report user' option when on someone's profile page on POF and 'block user' when in a mail sent by them - this is on the app, I'm not sure if the main site is the same. Thankfully, I have not had to use them too often.

Yes but you have to actually open their profile to report so then they think you are checking them out!! :(

• Advertisement

Yes but you have to actually open their profile to report so then they think you are checking them out!! :(

That's true but if you block them straight away too it won't make any difference. The option should be there to do both at the same time though, you are right.

And I said I was leaving too!

And then you got sucked back in! Ah I hope the date goes well for you on Saturday. A Saturday night date is serious business! :D

And then you got sucked back in! Ah I hope the date goes well for you on Saturday. A Saturday night date is serious business! :D

Oh it's a Saturday afternoon coffee with options, not a Sat night date!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Oh it's a Saturday afternoon coffee with options, not a Sat night date!! :)

Woo hoo you won't miss the saturday night show !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

Thanks for all the advice guys, really appreciate it!
    Good to know I'm not the only quiet one haha :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

Larianne wrote: »
    What happened here? As in someone had a photo up that wasn't them? Can you not tell? I mean if they only have one photo and are quite good looking in an Americany jock sort of way?? Well that's what I'd be thinking. Did you find out on the date or what?

(sorry lots of questions!! Just curious)

He had a photo up that wasn't him and it was only after we had been chatting for three days, arranged a date and he didn't show up that I got suspicious. And no, I can't tell unless it's very very very obvious. Mostly I think, it's because I work off the principle that everyone's telling the truth until they give me a good reason to think otherwise but POF is fast changing that view. He was attractive but not in the "Americany jock sort of way" :P- more like a cute, tall, cheeky-looking, somewhat ginger ninja Irish lad. He turned out to be American. His photo that is. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Had a lovely coffee with a beautiful (in my eyes) and very smart girl at lunch time. What else would you be doing on a rainy gloomy day in Dublin?

:D

Itwasntme. wrote: »

Mostly I think, it's because I work off the principle that everyone's telling the truth until they give me a good reason to think otherwise but POF is fast changing that view
    In life that's probably an admirable principle to operate on. I know I do the same. Unfortunately, with online dating, it can be a lot more difficult to tell who's faking it till they make it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Had a lovely coffee with a beautiful (in my eyes) and very smart girl at lunch time. What else would you be doing on a rainy gloomy day in Dublin?

In my case, facilitating ISO audits.

Kill me now.

Ah that is brilliant, hopefully there will be another date soon!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    In my case, facilitating ISO audits.

Kill me now.

Really? It sounds so interesting and exciting!!

It does! Im surfing pof and nothing doing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I'm also doing nothing, yay. I'm recovering from some new exercise classes I joined at the start of the week. Probably a good thing I'm not planning to go back to OD for a month or two, since the three times a week classes have me pretty much unable to walk properly. I'd be hobbling into dates. :pac:

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I'm also doing nothing, yay. I'm recovering from some new exercise classes I joined at the start of the week. Probably a good thing I'm not planning to go back to OD for a month or two, since the three times a week classes have me pretty much unable to walk properly. I'd be hobbling into dates. :pac:

Hmm sits back with coffee in hand and awaits the innuendos :D

Hmm sits back with coffee in hand and awaits the innuendos :D

I never even thought of that, ahaha. Damnit. I'm too innocent for my own good at times. :pac:

• Advertisement

Dinner and then music organised for Saturday evening. I think she likes me.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

POF has started advertising Star Wars costumes to me. Silver lining! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

So my profile is up! Already had a few people view me, which is more than i got last time around haha! Only one picture of myself up at the moment though, I just cant seem to find any flattering enough!

Cianan2 wrote: »
    Only one picture of myself up at the moment though, I just cant seem to find any flattering enough!

I can find it hard to get good photos on a regular basis. Nobody in my social group really takes snaps when we're out. That said, might tempted to start using a picture from Halloween (where I dressed as a burn victim) as my profiler. I mean, it can't actually hurt....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Sometimes I think that what I'm looking for is very simple:
    An intelligent guy aged 22-30 who has interests outside of pubbing and clubbing, is polite but still has a sense of humour, is looking for a girlfriend who will also be like his best friend and doesn't have extreme religious or political beliefs.

Then I go on POF and it feels like I'm looking for the fooking chupacabra

Siuin wrote: »
    Sometimes I think that what I'm looking for is very simple:
    An intelligent guy aged 22-30 who has interests outside of pubbing and clubbing, is polite but still has a sense of humour, is looking for a girlfriend who will also be like his best friend and doesn't have extreme religious or political beliefs.

Then I go on POF and it feels like I'm looking for the fooking chupacabra

Plenty of those out there. Just keep looking.

I've had the "you look much better/younger in real life" comments from a couple of women now. It's nice to hear I'll admit, but makes me realise that many have probably dismissed me out of hand because although I think I have a few nice (outdoorsy/natural/not drinking) photos, I am maybe not so photogenic.

Anyone else have this experience?

I've had the "you look much better/younger in real life" comments from a couple of women now. It's nice to hear I'll admit, but makes me realise that many have probably dismissed me out of hand because although I think I have a few nice (outdoorsy/natural/not drinking) photos, I am maybe not so photogenic.

Apologies misread your post!!
    I have been told I don't look my age in my pics - I look much younger so I think they dismiss me as not having current pics up (which I do). But when I meet someone they always say my pics dont do me justice and yet I think they are okay!

I think I look better in photos, so I have the opposite problem in that I deliberately put up some unflattering photos too, to give an honest idea of what I look like because I don't think I look as nice as some of my photos. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I think I look better in photos, so I have the opposite problem in that I deliberately put up some unflattering photos too, to give an honest idea of what I look like because I don't think I look as nice as some of my photos. :pac:

I have same issue, and its actually beginning to anoy me now, im going to do what you did though and put up some unflattering photos over the weekend.
    A guy said to me once that i look completely diffrent in every photo, some i look pretty and other im not, some i look old and some i look young! so that has me completly baffled!

Maby someone in here can look at my pof profile and give there verdict on it when ive loaded up some new pics :D (although you guys dont know what i look like in real life)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement