Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I have same issue, and its actually beginning to anoy me now, im going to do what you did though and put up some unflattering photos over the weekend.
    A guy said to me once that i look completely diffrent in every photo, some i look pretty and other im not, some i look old and some i look young! so that has me completly baffled!

Maby someone in here can look at my pof profile and give there verdict on it when ive loaded up some new pics :D (although you guys dont know what i look like in real life)

I'm happy to take a look if you like, even though I'm female. :pac:

I just made sure to put up some that are natural rather than posed, and some body shots because I don't want someone thinking I'm a skinny biatch from seeing my face, when I'm actually a 14. :pac: It never lessened the amount of mails I got, but I felt it gave a more accurate indication of what I looked like.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Ah shure, they all have lovely photos... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 15 CazMarch

A guy said to me once that i look completely diffrent in every photo, some i look pretty and other im not, some i look old and some i look young! so that has me completly baffled!

Had he met you in real life before giving his verdict on your photos?!! Beats me how some people feel they have the right to give their (negative) opinion on looks/age/weight just going on a photo. :confused: And they're usually not the best looking people themselves who do it :mad: Of course it's OK if they want to tell you how gorgeous you are :p

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

At one point, I had just four pics up, and I was told by several girls that I looked like 4 different guys in them!

But hey, on the up-side, the chances are good that girls would like at least one of those 4 guys! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

CazMarch wrote: »

Had he met you in real life before giving his verdict on your photos?!! Beats me how some people feel they have the right to give their (negative) opinion on looks/age/weight just going on a photo. :confused: And they're usually not the best looking people themselves who do it :mad: Of course it's OK if they want to tell you how gorgeous you are :p

Nope hadn’t met him in real life, i got kinda paranoid after that so i didnt meet him.
    I dont pose as such for pictures, im literally shoved into a group and snaps are taken, and i think my mood is basically written all over my face maybe, its the only thing i can think of why i look different.

Hard to get the pics right though :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,117 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

At one point, I had just four pics up, and I was told by several girls that I looked like 4 different guys in them!

But hey, on the up-side, the chances are good that girls would like at least one of those 4 guys! :pac:

Ah but they might think that the good one is you on a reaaaally good day and you look like the other 3 the rest of the time! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

JUMPED THE GUN FOLKS...

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

msg11 wrote: »
    She could be telling the truth, but usually when the G card is played in anyway shape or form I am out of there.

There does seem to be a corralation between online dating usage and dead grandmothers...

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭missrandomer

msg11 wrote: »
    Think I will cool the jets on POF for a while, met what seemed like a nice girl two/three weeks ago texting and that, decided to meet Tuesday but she cancelled brother came home so Friday (today) she said but again cancelled cause her granny died. She could be telling the truth, but usually when the G card is played in anyway shape or form I am out of there.

Can't get my head around why you would say you are going to come out to someone with no intention.

Phek it anyway Ted.

I just love the buzz of meeting new people myself!
    She could be just nervous and delaying it a little. Or she could be telling the truth and nervous. Do you live far away from each other.

I did do a bit of the delaying at the start to be honest, but because i was super nervous and super silly :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Dovies wrote: »
    Ah but they might think that the good one is you on a reaaaally good day and you look like the other 3 the rest of the time! :D

I went out with a guy a few months back who had five pics up, in four of them he was smokin' and in the other he looked like he'd had a slap upside the head with the ugly stick.

So, of course he looked like the one bad one...

• Advertisement

Honey-ec wrote: »
    I went out with a guy a few months back who had five pics up, in four of them he was smokin' and in the other he looked like he'd had a slap upside the head with the ugly stick.

So, of course he looked like the one bad one...

Lol I rest my case your honour! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

She could be just nervous and delaying it a little. Or she could be telling the truth and nervous. Do you live far away from each other.

I did do a bit of the delaying at the start to be honest, but because i was super nervous and super silly :D

She dose not live far plus I drive too ! She could be telling the truth, using your granny dying as an excuse is awful but so is your granny dying too.

Yeah I have done it to myself whem I was younger but I am older now 22 and shes 26 kinda silly to be honest. As I said I will take a break from this dating stuff it's pretty intense on the mind :pac:

I met someone once a few years ago (stupidly without seeing a picture). He told me he looked like Mary Harney's uglier twin. I thought he was joking. He wasn't :(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

CazMarch wrote: »
    I met someone once a few years ago (stupidly without seeing a picture). He told me he looked like Mary Harney's uglier twin. I thought he was joking. He wasn't :(:(

And you went on the date after he told you that???!!! ;)

I really did think he was joking!!! I learnt my lesson I can tell you!

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

Larianne wrote: »

Well if you've no money to go on a date, why be on a frickin dating site.

Dating doesn't have to be expensive. There's loads of things that can be done for free or at very little cost. IIRC a girl on this thread met a guy recently in Dublin and they spent the day doing free stuff as they were both tight on cash. I don't think you should have to have a certain amount of money before you can join a dating site or go on a date. Fact is, a lot of people are unemployed and strapped for cash but still want to meet someone.

I know you're specifically referring to that guy who seemed completely unreliable and a bit odd and I would agree that he was a total time waster. I just think that in general lack of money shouldn't be something that puts people off.

Sorry to drag this back up a week later! :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Guys keep telling me that I'm a welcome change from "all those 'live for the weekend' girls" ... how many chicks out there are 'living for the weekend'?! It seems to be a real pet hate lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Siuin wrote: »
    Guys keep telling me that I'm a welcome change from "all those 'live for the weekend' girls" ... how many chicks out there are 'living for the weekend'?! It seems to be a real pet hate lol

Not me, I'm living for retirement...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,121 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

Dovies wrote: »

I only have good days! :D

It does kind of put me off to be honest... going out is grand, but if your grand aim in life is to go out every weekend and get smashed, then it's not really what I'm after in a girlfriend / partner / etc. I'd take someone who keeps active, or has a hobby they're passionate about any day of the week.

Guys, any ideas for bars in town which won't be packed on a Friday eve and therefore good for a date? :)

• Advertisement

riveratom wrote: »
    Guys, any ideas for bars in town which won't be packed on a Friday eve and therefore good for a date? :)

Grand Social (by the Ha'penny Bridge), Woolshed (Parnell Street, next to the cinema, as long as there's no sport game on), Messrs (if it's not too late in the evening).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Hmmm any particular side/part of town? A quiet pub on a Friday is a tough one!

(Date tonight? Switswoo :D)

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Grand Social (by the Ha'penny Bridge), Woolshed (Parnell Street, next to the cinema, as long as there's no sport game on), Messrs (if it's not too late in the evening).

Mmm not sure Lynda, think they'd be fairly busy....Messrs definitely. Woolshed maybe not comfy enough... :)

I have an idea of where we'll go myself, heading out early-ish so shouldn't be too busy!

miamee wrote: »
    Hmmm any particular side/part of town? A quiet pub on a Friday is a tough one!

(Date tonight? Switswoo :D)

I do indeedy! And the first one went amazing..... :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I do indeedy! And the first one went amazing..... :)

Oohhh cool!! That's great :D Sure you have somewhere picked already, once you're in early and get a cosy table you'll be grand :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭wobblyknees

Central Hotel Library Bar?

Mmm not sure Lynda, think they'd be fairly busy....Messrs definitely. Woolshed maybe not comfy enough... :)

I have an idea of where we'll go myself, heading out early-ish so shouldn't be too busy!

I've never found any of them particularly busy early-ish in the evening, but once 9 o clock hits, they all get busy. But if you have somewhere in mind, no need to worry! Have a lovely date! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Not me, I'm living for retirement...

me too and the summer holidays!

I live for the weekend! So i can put my pjs on, get a glass of wine or 5 and watch krap tv! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,000 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Way too many profiles start off with "Always goin out at da wkend for drinks wit da girlies"
    Instant put off for me, the text speak or whatever mixed with their insistence on pointing out that they go out drinking at the weekend with their friends(unlike everyone else i know?), kinda gives the impression as well that they are too busy going out with their friends to make time for a date

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement