Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

VinLieger wrote: »
    Way too many profiles start off with "Always goin out at da wkend for drinks wit da girlies"
    Seriously? That makes my profile look positively Shakespearean...!!
    I must say, POF is growing on me. Once you get past all the scumbags taking topless pictures in their bathroom, there's actually some decent guys on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

Anyone ever wish they could slap someone through a computer screen, long time since someones really wound me up on Pof , but ended up talking to a guy wanting to cheat but being so arrogant about the fact that it was perfectly acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

LittleFox wrote: »
    Anyone ever wish they could slap someone through a computer screen, long time since someones really wound me up on Pof , but ended up talking to a guy wanting to cheat but being so arrogant about the fact that it was perfectly acceptable.

Did you talk to him and then after awhile it led on to him wanting to cheat ? I think there should be a name and shame feature on it people wanting to cheat !

The awkward moment when a guy sends you a polite and thoughtful message... and you see that his profile picture is of his dick.

Seriously, am I supposed to pretend it's not there, or...?!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Siuin wrote: »
    The awkward moment when a guy sends you a polite and thoughtful message... and you see that his profile picture is of his dick.

Tell him you really liked his message but he looks like a bit of a d!ckhead :pac: :pac:

(Sorry)

Bit odd alright, does he say on his profile he is just looking for fun, NSA or an actual relationship?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,783 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

Send him back a polite and thoughtful message. And sign it off by saying you ducked up by sending a pic of your dick.

miamee wrote: »
    Tell him you really liked his message but he looks like a bit of a d!ckhead :pac: :pac:

(Sorry)

Bit odd alright, does he say on his profile he is just looking for fun, NSA or an actual relationship?

lol! no, that's the odd thing- his profile is very normal, he's looking for a 'sincere' girl (!) and then there are 3 pictures of his boner in various stages of popping out of his underwear :S

Traumatised. It's too early in the morning for this!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Also far too early in your relationship to be seeing him half nekkid and excited. That would put me off taking someone seriously at all to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭LittleFox

Did you talk to him and then after awhile it led on to him wanting to cheat ? I think there should be a name and shame feature on it people wanting to cheat !
    I talked to him and asked him "so what brings you to the site?" He said he was looking for friends with benefits I told him that wasn't for me but had A look at his page where it says not single not looking under marriage status. Asked him if his partner knew about this, as some people are into open relationships .then he continued to say I wouldnt understand and that no one will get hurt very defensive when I said its the deceit that's the problem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭YumCha

riveratom wrote: »
    Guys, any ideas for bars in town which won't be packed on a Friday eve and therefore good for a date? :)

Bit late but The Duke - was able to get seats late on a Friday and Saturday in recent times :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

VinLieger wrote: »
    Way too many profiles start off with "Always goin out at da wkend for drinks wit da girlies"
    Instant put off for me, the text speak or whatever mixed with their insistence on pointing out that they go out drinking at the weekend with their friends(unlike everyone else i know?), kinda gives the impression as well that they are too busy going out with their friends to make time for a date

Funny that just today I got a message, went on the profile to check out the oul situation. Something along the lines of 'live for the weekends with the girls'.

Thinking in my head get the fork out of here.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

"Thank you for the message, but you aren't really what I am looking for, Best of Luck"

I feel so much better now someone has taken the time to message me.

Just fcuk off.

Seriously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

"Thank you for the message, but you aren't really what I am looking for, Best of Luck"

I feel so much better now someone has taken the time to message me.

Just fcuk off.

Seriously.

Awh man, I hate those type of messages. At least if somebody ignores you, you can ignore the situation, whereas being confronted with 'You're not my type' is just a kick in the balls of your self esteem.

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Awh man, I hate those type of messages. At least if somebody ignores you, you can ignore the situation, whereas being confronted with 'You're not my type' is just a kick in the balls of your self esteem.

It's now got to the stage where, on the rare occasion I get a message, I can hazard a guess what it's going to be before I even open it. :(

It's an obvious a copy and paste response for 'unwanted' messages to make Ms Picky feel better about herself.

Guys would prefer to be ignored? :O *note this!!*
    I've had a few guys I've ignored just continue messaging me and one Eastern European dude (who from the first message obviously had hardly any English) got really aggressive for not answering him and accused me of being 'racist' (??) Bizarre.

I've had a few guys I've ignored just continue messaging me and one Eastern European dude (who from the first message obviously had hardly any English) got really aggressive for not answering him and accused me of being 'racist' (??) Bizarre.

Yes, personally speaking I'd rather be ignored. I was already having an absolute fcuker of a day as well.

I cannot for the life of me understand any man who would want to receive a 'sorry but you're not my type' message. Do guys send these messages? I'd guess not nearly as many.

Yes, personally speaking I'd rather be ignored. I was already having an absolute fcuker of a day as well.

I cannot for the life of me understand any man who would want to receive a 'sorry but you're not my type' message. Do guys send these messages? I'd guess not nearly as many.

I've gotten ONE 'I'm not interested' message, but then again, I've only mailed about 20 people first. The guy wasn't exactly polite about it though, it made a reference to how I'm too 'speccy' to date. I presumed that was a comment on my glasses.

I would have offered to take them off, as it would have been handier since he wasn't exactly a looker anyway, but thought that'd be too rude. :pac:

I've gotten ONE 'I'm not interested' message, but then again, I've only mailed about 20 people first. The guy wasn't exactly polite about it though, it made a reference to how I'm too 'speccy' to date. I presumed that was a comment on my glasses.

I would have offered to take them off, as it would have been handier since he wasn't exactly a looker anyway, but thought that'd be too rude. :pac:

:pac: :pac:

And of course, didn't the boardsie OD elite only the other day declare that glasses were 'cool' and 'sexy'?

His loss, sista!

:pac: :pac:

And of course, didn't the boardsie OD elite only the other day declare that glasses were 'cool' and 'sexy'?

His loss, sista!

I know, right? Every single person I've ever dated found the fact that I wear glasses cute or (in some cases) sexy. So I'll just continue to rock my glasses. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 201 ✭✭finipops

In my case i would prefer to get a message instead of being ignored. Granted it'll feel bad but at least i know she actually read the message instead of leaving me wondering.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Just block them. Simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

ive gotten a few of these from men as well,last one put me off od for the mo,will rejoin within the week but needed break from it for a little bit

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,503 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I know, right? Every single person I've ever dated found the fact that I wear glasses cute or (in some cases) sexy. So I'll just continue to rock my glasses. :pac:

I rock my hipster glasses....

Went to my first meet up from MeetUp.com today. Absolutely zero dating potential but an enjoyable afternoon all the same. I think I'll be checking out some more groups to see what else is out there :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭sffc

miamee wrote: »
    Went to my first meet up from MeetUp.com today. Absolutely zero dating potential but an enjoyable afternoon all the same. I think I'll be checking out some more groups to see what else is out there :)
    Cool Miamee :-) It's a pity everybody on POF doesn't do meetups - might broaden their horizons a bit more . More than getting drunk with their mates every weekend anyway. Before you say it I know your horizons are broad to begin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Went on a date Thursday. I was a bit doubtful by the end of the date as I'm not sure there was any connection but thought I'd wait and see if he made contact. Neither of us have made contact since. I have seen him online though. I don't like to leave things and say nothing when someone makes the effort to meet me. Should I send a text to thank him for meeting but explain I don't see it going any further? Not my first OD date.. don't know why I'm in so confused this time. Aside from that date not having much luck at all. A lot of time wasters and messers. It's proving to me I don't understand guys and how they think. Probably why I am single!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Ice Storm

I've recently decided to venture into the world of online dating. I've had a profile on OKC for a while but never had a photo up and never really logged on.

A couple of weeks ago, I put up a photo and my profile has been getting lot more views, but not many messages - assume this means my profile or photo is rubbish. :(

One of my problems is, I hate all photos of me and I can't find anything that I'd be happy to put on my profile. I'd hate to have a misleading photo where I look better than in reality but I assume that a lot of people do this?

Also, anything I have read about online dating would suggest that I would need to have a thick skin which I definitely don't have. :o I'm not sure I want one either!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

@Ladylost yeah first dates can be a bit confusing connection/chemistry wise cos of nerves/pressure.
    If you are def sure you don't want to meet him then I'd say text him and let him know you don't see it going any further. But if your uncertain maybe try a second date to be sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,640 ✭✭✭smallgarden

sarah42012 wrote: »
    @Ladylost yeah first dates can be a bit confusing connection/chemistry wise cos of nerves/pressure.
    If you are def sure you don't want to meet him then I'd say text him and let him know you don't see it going any further. But if your uncertain maybe try a second date to be sure?

ive done this before and while if unsure second date can be good option there is nothing worse than realising early on in second date theyre not for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 38 sarah42012

Haha yeah but at least theres no 'I wonder if' thoughts about them then though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement