Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Mince Pie wrote: »
    Ah for jaysus sakes woman! Ask him out. But please PM me who it is. :D

Haha, I'm not telling anyone who it is, because I'm sure plenty of people in this thread will know him! :pac:

I'm trying to summon the courage. :( Now I know how awful it is for guys to ask a woman on a date. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    I'm debating whether or not to ask a boardsie on a date after talking every single day, non-stop for about 2 months.

Go for it, cause if it's either of the guys I'm thinking of, they're both gorgeous!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Go for it, cause if it's either of the guys I'm thinking of, they're both gorgeous!

Wait... Who are you thinking of?!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

ladylost wrote: »
    Coffee date tonight cancelled late this evening!! :confused:
    Gave a reason but not sure I believe it to be honest.

If I may ask, what was the reason given and did he offer to reschedule?
    He did also ask about taking me on a date back when we first spoke, but I kind of brushed it off because I had decided I was done with OD.

The signs could not be any clearer. Ask the guy out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,958 ✭✭✭Mr_Spaceman

Oh yeah, he's definitely single. He recognised me on a dating site (before I deleted all my accounts!) from a picture of a tattoo I posted on boards. :pac: He's sweet, interesting, really funny and flirts with me a lot.

He did also ask about taking me on a date back when we first spoke, but I kind of brushed it off because I had decided I was done with OD.

God, this is scary and confusing. :pac:

I think you know what you've got to do, Lynda. There comes a time in a girls' life and all...

Sure as long as you wear the glasses you'll be grand.

She who dares, wins!

• Advertisement

Mince Pie wrote: »
    So, who has a date planned for this weekend

I do!

Sure as long as you wear the glasses you'll be grand.

:pac: I'm still laughing at this part! The glasses will definitely be worn, I'm blind without them and don't like contacts. :pac:

There were a couple of people who I said to myself I'd follow their advice (I even named those specific people to Honey-ec in a PM), and since the verdict from everyone, including some of those people, is unanimous, I guess I know what I have to do.

Oh God...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

:pac: I'm still laughing at this part! The glasses will definitely be worn, I'm blind without them and don't like contacts. :pac:

There were a couple of people who I said to myself I'd follow their advice (I even named those specific people to Honey-ec in a PM), and since the verdict from everyone, including some of those people, is unanimous, I guess I know what I have to do.

Oh God...

Go for it and don't worry about I'm sure he will say yes !

Go for it and don't worry about I'm sure he will say yes !

I'm not! :pac:

I'm going to wait til tomorrow because I have a job interview in the morning so if he were to say no tonight, I don't really want to be going into my interview with a bruised ego. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

Galvasean wrote: »
    If I may ask, what was the reason given and did he offer to reschedule?
    He needed to sort something out. Won't go into specifics in case he frequents here! We both kind of said sure we'll do it another night. Bit half hearted to be honest. It was only about an hour before we were due to meet. At least he didn't stand me up :)

• Advertisement

Oh God...

I'm having a glass of wine and channelling you some Dutch (well, Chilean) courage as we speak. Fire at will...

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭ladylost

I'm not! :pac:

I'm going to wait til tomorrow because I have a job interview in the morning so if he were to say no tonight, I don't really want to be going into my interview with a bruised ego. :pac:

Good luck with both the interview and asking him out

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys and girls. I'm definitely going to do it. Eek! You're all so nice with the encouragement, I love this thread. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Thanks for all the encouragement, guys and girls. I'm definitely going to do it. Eek! You're all so nice with the encouragement, I love this thread. :)

Can't really speak for others but if I may in this case and say that the threaders love you back. Good luck hun!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Had a third date with a guy from POF tonight and i so wished that it would work out, but im just not feeling it enough. Hes a really lovely guy and we get on very well, but that extra chemistry and spark just isnt there. :(

Worst thing is he says tonight that he likes me and i couldnt really say anything. Didnt want to say it to him there and then. I really hate this as its always the guys that are really nice :(

andreac wrote: »
    Had a third date with a guy from POF tonight and i so wished that it would work out, but im just not feeling it enough. Hes a really lovely guy and we get on very well, but that extra chemistry and spark just isnt there. :(

Worst thing is he says tonight that he likes me and i couldnt really say anything. Didnt want to say it to him there and then. I really hate this as its always the guys that are really nice :(

You can't choose who you have chemistry with, so don't feel so bad! I think everyone who does OD knows they're gonna be rejected at some stage or another. Just don't hold out too long on telling him, if he already likes you. You can't make yourself like him in a romantic sense just because he's a really nice guy.

Guys... I just asked him out. Oh God. I just said 'So if I get this job tomorrow, are you going to go for a drink with me to celebrate? ;) ' I don't even drink anymore, but I figure I can't ask him to celebrate with a coffee, since he doesn't even drink coffee! eek!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Yeah i know Lynda, but i just hate doing it even more so when they are nice guys. Will do it tomorrow. I think he will be ok about it as hes a decent guy and should be nice about it.

Oh well done, hope it goes well!!

So, um.

He said yes! :o:o:o:o

And also teased me about taking so long to finally give in. He didn't believe I was shy til I explained that that's the main reason I brushed him off initially. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

Doing a happy dance for Lynda!

I sent 5 mails today and all of them viewed my profile but no takers ah well onwards and upwards . I got one message today with abuse and I have to say it me laugh very hard . Some people need to learn English ! I just replied to her offering her a blue peter badge and just gave her some friendly advice that I hope she listens too :)

• Advertisement

I sent 5 mails today and all of them viewed my profile but no takers ah well onwards and upwards . I got one message today with abuse and I have to say it me laugh very hard . Some people need to learn English ! I just replied to her offering her a blue peter badge and just gave her some friendly advice that I hope she listens too :)

If she was abusive, report her too! The more people who report these idiots, the less of these idiots there are on the site! :)

If she was abusive, report her too! The more people who report these idiots, the less of these idiots there are on the site! :)

Ah I wouldn't even bother . At least I'm not the person who will take her out :) What I found funny about her was the fact she had on her profile any man would be lucky to take her out :eek::eek:

Ah I wouldn't even bother . At least I'm not the person who will take her out :) What I found funny about her was the fact she had on her profile any man would be lucky to take her out :eek::eek:

She just forgot to finish her sentence, it was probably 'lucky to take her out and come back alive.' :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

"Hi, you vied my profile but didn't send me a message, why?"

Getting loads of these type of messages lately :confused:
    Is it a new thing?
    Are people that obsessed with who viewed them?

The Master wrote: »
    Getting loads of these type of messages lately :confused:
    Is it a new thing?
    Are people that obsessed with who viewed them?

Some people are, it's strange. Could just be honest and say 'your profile didn't interest me/I didn't find you attractive' but then you'd be called an asshole. No win situation really.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,316 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Master

Yeah it's mental

I don't think I've received a non psycho mail in a few days :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Okay, so I'm coming back to this after taking a break from POF for a few months.

Updated my profile a few days ago, added more info, put up some new pics on Wednesday.

Trouble is I've no inclination to send the first message. I'm just waiting/hoping for someone to mail me first.

Someone give me a virtual kick up the arse and make me see sense? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Dermo73

Okay, so I'm coming back to this after taking a break from POF for a few months.

Updated my profile a few days ago, added more info, put up some new pics on Wednesday.

Trouble is I've no inclination to send the first message. I'm just waiting/hoping for someone to mail me first.

Someone give me a virtual kick up the arse and make me see sense? :o

Best of luck with the waiting patiently strategy. If you are a girl that should work out just fine and your biggest problem will be sorting through the myriad dick pics you receive. If on the other hand you're male I'd suggest you get yourself a comfy chair and a good book because that inbox ain't gonna beep any time soon.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,892 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Dermo73 wrote: »
    If on the other hand you're male I'd suggest you get yourself a comfy chair and a good book because that inbox ain't gonna beep any time soon.

Awesome. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Guys,

Do ya ever have those profiles where someone has a couple of photos up and you think you fancy them in one pic but not so much in another??!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement