Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

riveratom wrote: »
    Guys,

Do ya ever have those profiles where someone has a couple of photos up and you think you fancy them in one pic but not so much in another??!

Oh God yeah. What I do in that situation is focus on the pic I don't find attractive, because usually that's how they look most of the time! Everyone posts some really flattering pics and if there are some not so flattering pics, you should really judge by those IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Oh God yeah. What I do in that situation is focus on the pic I don't find attractive, because usually that's how they look most of the time! Everyone posts some really flattering pics and if there are some not so flattering pics, you should really judge by those IMO.

It's funny, because the pic I don't fancy her as much in is one where she is wearing shades, and I thought everyone is meant to look damn hot in shades!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

It's funny, because the pic I don't fancy her as much in is one where she is wearing shades, and I thought everyone is meant to look damn hot in shades!! :)

Not everyone does! I look like a moron in sunglasses!

LyndaMcL wrote: »
    Not everyone does! I look like a moron in sunglasses!

Haha don't be so hard on yourself!! :)

Chatting with a really attractive girl last night and the upshot is we have a date this day week, I love Friday dates! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I don't buy the 'everyone looks good in sunglasses' angle either. Especially not those gigantic face covering ones some girls like to wear(usually whist pouting like an idiot).

edit: that said, I don't look half bad in shades myself...

tumblr_lgbinlBeoY1qf8yek.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Not a sausage from Tuesday's date since the day after. Ah well!

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Not a sausage from Tuesday's date since the day after. Ah well!

Who texted last?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Who texted last?!

Me.

Me.

That's only 2 days....people like to play it cool sometimes...

Suppose it depends a lot on how the date went too though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,659 ✭✭✭Siuin

Just went to a night club in Dublin last night and it was a rather strong reminder of why I turned to online dating to begin with...!! Nothing quite as nauseating as having a couple mauling each other in front of me and then seeing the guy whip up her skirt and presently started to spank her bare arse in the middle of a packed smoking area...

Yeaaah, I think that confimed it for me. I'm done with clubs.

• Advertisement

That's only 2 days....people like to play it cool sometimes...

I think 2 days is a tad beyond 'playing it cool' and into 'keeping option open' territory...

Galvasean wrote: »
    I think 2 days is a tad beyond 'playing it cool' and into 'keeping option open' territory...

That's just your opinion!

I would tend to agree and it's not a good sign. But sometimes there's an element of lots of chit chat leading up to a date, and then once date 1 has been had, it's back into 'oh I should wait a day or two before texting' territory.

It's not what I'd be doing, but not everyone is like me (or us).

That's just your opinion!

I'm pretty sure everything I post on boards is just my opinion ;)

I'm pretty sure everything I post on boards is just my opinion ;)

Come on dude, I was mainly just trying to make Honey-ec feel better :)

My philosophy is always 'onwards and upwards' in relation to such things anyway!

Come on dude, I was mainly just trying to make Honey-ec feel better :)

My philosophy is always 'onwards and upwards' in relation to such things anyway!

My philosophy is "Expect the worst, so when something half decent happens you'll be pleasantly surprised!" :pac:
    It's coming in VERY handy with regard to my OD experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Siuin wrote: »
    Just went to a night club in Dublin last night and it was a rather strong reminder of why I turned to online dating to begin with...!! Nothing quite as nauseating as having a couple mauling each other in front of me and then seeing the guy whip up her skirt and presently started to spank her bare arse in the middle of a packed smoking area...

Yeaaah, I think that confimed it for me. I'm done with clubs.

Coppers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Guys,

Do ya ever have those profiles where someone has a couple of photos up and you think you fancy them in one pic but not so much in another??!

Yes this has happened to me quite a few times. I've also noticed that a lot of people have their best photo for their main profile pic (understandable). I'd see it and say,"Ohh she looks nice." Then I'd click on the profile and the rest of the photos are a disappointment and she's not as attractive as she first appeared. Sometimes I'd see a profile where a girl might look attractive in 2 photos and look unattractive in the other 2 and I just can't make up my mind. :mad::o

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Dermo73 wrote: »
    +1 on this. I'm upfront about it with mates and because I don't act embarrassed they don't see it that way either. If your own attitude is positive others will see that and react positively

I have told some of my friends. I have a wide age group of friends though. The young'uns wouldn't get it. :D
    Deafening silence on OKC since I changed my pic to the dark hair. Ah well!

I think it really suits you!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Daveysil15 wrote: »

Yes this has happened to me quite a few times. I've also noticed that a lot of people have their best photo for their main profile pic (understandable). I'd see it and say,"Ohh she looks nice." Then I'd click on the profile and the rest of the photos are a disappointment and she's not as attractive as she first appeared. Sometimes I'd see a profile where a girl might look attractive in 2 photos and look unattractive in the other 2 and I just can't make up my mind. :mad::o
    I presume you judge on more than just the pics? What I mean is, if you like half the pics and she sounds like an interesting, funny, intelligent woman (or whatever you look for), wouldn't you take the chance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

miamee wrote: »
    I presume you judge on more than just the pics? What I mean is, if you like half the pics and she sounds like an interesting, funny, intelligent woman (or whatever you look for), wouldn't you take the chance?

If she was all of those things I probably would take a chance yes. But its difficult to know if someone is interesting, funny, intelligent etc just by chatting to them online. Of course people sometimes look better IRL than they do in their photos, but the pics are the first thing I notice and are probably the biggest deciding factor when judging wheather or not I find them attractive. That's just me though. I'm sure there are many who look at it differently, but I need to be physically attracted to the person.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 BoyJohn129

I recently had a first date -

I thought it went well, there was no awkwardness and we chatted at length for the whole night and were about the last ones to leave the pub. I was told afterwards that she thought the date was lovely!

I was delighted with it! There's been a little bit of radio silence since.

So I'm looking for a bit of advice... I don't do very well at playing games and don't really have any interest in them. However, I don't want to seem to keen and on the other hand I don't want her to think that I'm not interested!

I'm wondering should I leave the radio silence for, say, another day before texting her again?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

Did you text her at all after the date?

andreac wrote: »
    Did you text her at all after the date?

Yup.... that's when she said she thought it was a lovely date.

BoyJohn129 wrote: »

And that was the end of the texts? I'd move on I'd say....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

To me it seems like there is no chemistry on her side , it happens and just have to move on . At least you had a nice date and you can take some positives from it .

Wow, that wasn't my impression of the date all. :confused:

We loosely talked about a second date during the 1st date etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Wow, that wasn't my impression of the date all. :confused:
    We loosely talked about a second date during the 1st date etc...

If you don't think its a lack of chemistry maybe ring or text her and just ask her out straight if she would like to see you again . I would say find out as quick as you can because it will melt your head .

If you don't think its a lack of chemistry maybe ring or text her and just ask her out straight if she would like to see you again . I would say find out as quick as you can because it will melt your head .

Well in fairness she did say she'll see me again last night at the end of the date. There was a level of alcohol involved though!

Okay, so if I'm reading rifght she replied to your last text? If that's the case I'd say giver her a buzz and see if she's up for another date. Worst she can do is say no/not respond. Better off knowing for certain than being unsure of where you stand.

• Advertisement

Well in fairness she did say she'll see me again last night at the end of the date. There was a level of alcohol involved though!

How long has it been since the date? If it has been a few days and there has been no texting then I don't think there is anything there...

Big difference between getting on well, and actual chemistry...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement