Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Online Dating Thread 3..**READ 1ST POST Oct 2012**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭dub5

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Well maybe your profile sucks or your messages were not so good. Or maybe I'm not as picky. Who know's. There's too many variables.

My profile is fine, my messages were fine and I was not picky.

But you have to admit that maybe it is the same for both men and women getting replies on line. It is not any easier for women!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

dub5 wrote: »
    My profile is fine, my messages were fine and I was not picky.

But you have to admit that maybe it is the same for both men and women getting replies on line. It is not any easier for women!!!

Well I think its easier for attractive women. Obviously a good looking woman with nice photos is going to get more responses than an unattractive girl with just one photo of her in a crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭mood

Well I think its easier for attractive women. Obviously a good looking woman with nice photos is going to get more responses than an unattractive girl with just one photo of her in a crowd.

And the same goes for guys. I sure it's easier for good looking guys than it is for unattractive guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Take it to PM lads :p

Got a mail on POF, the first in a while actually. Although I'm not quite sure why someone would think harping on about how bad their exes were would be a good way to start a conversation with me...

Galvasean wrote: »

Got a mail on POF, the first in a while actually. Although I'm not quite sure why someone would think harping on about how bad their exes were would be a good way to start a conversation with me...

And some people wonder why they are single :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Not a great start but did you reply?

Shy, would not be one of my traits. I am not top model but I am not pig ugly (I hope)

A few things I forgot to ask, how old are you? What age group were you targeting, and last but not least...do you have any provocative photos on your profile? All of these factors affect your success greatly! :D

A few things I forgot to ask, how old are you? What age group were you targeting, and last but not least...do you have any provocative photos on your profile? All of these factors affect your success greatly! :D

My age range would be 30 to 40. No, I have no provocative pictures, maybe thats were I am going wrong.

My age range would be 30 to 40. No, I have no provocative pictures, maybe thats were I am going wrong.

Yes put up some pics of you in lingerie and I'll promise you'll get more responses. ;) You see my age range is 18-30. So again it wasn't really a fair test.

Not a great start but did you reply?

Nah. If message numero uno is like that I dread not imagine what would be in store in the not too distant future. Plus I didn't fancy her either. No much point leading anyone on IMO.
    No, I have no provocative pictures, maybe thats were I am going wrong.

To be honest 'd say you're better off. Provocative pics will no doubt attract interest but whether or not it's the right kind of interest is another story altogether. Might be worth playing for quality of messages rather than sheer quantity.

• Advertisement

Nah. If message numero uno is like that I dread not imagine what would be in store in the not too distant future. Plus I didn't fancy her either. No much point leading anyone on IMO.

To be honest 'd say you're better off. Provocative pics will no doubt attract interest but whether or not it's the right kind of interest is another story altogether. Might be worth playing for quality of messages rather than sheer quantity.

There is no way I would put up pics like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Herrick

Actually I remember seeing a girls profile on some site and her profile pic was her in her underwear.

Her profile header "The pic is just for the craic, don't get the wrong idea..."

Suuuuuuuure it is :cool:

Herrick wrote: »
    Actually I remember seeing a girls profile on some site and her profile pic was her in her underwear.

Her profile header "The pic is just for the craic, don't get the wrong idea..."

Suuuuuuuure it is :cool:

I saw one girls profile which had a pic of her in her underwear which was cropped at the neck, and it said, "My face is nice too, but seen as how so many lads have pics like this up, I thought I'd do the same."

Or some girls like to upload a group photo without actually telling you which one she is, and you're just hoping she's the good looking one in the middle - instead she's the ugly one in the corner of the photo.

I saw one girls profile which had a pic of her in her underwear which was cropped at the neck, and it said, "My face is nice too, but seen as how so many lads have pics like this up, I thought I'd do the same."

IMO these girls are just looking for attention :rolleyes:

mood wrote: »
    IMO these girls are just looking for attention :rolleyes:

True and so are the guys that send the dick pic:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭MarkyTheLips

I saw a POF profile last night where the girls main photo was her hoop in a lacy number and the first line was "my 5th profile POF keep deletin it cos ppl keep reportin me :mad: whoever keeps doin it ur dead!!!" :pac: Who said there's no such thing as bad press..

Or some girls like to upload a group photo without actually telling you which one she is, and you're just hoping she's the good looking one in the middle - instead she's the ugly one in the corner of the photo.

Or even the one behind the camera!!

Or the one where she's about 5 miles away in the distance and all you can see is a little dot. There's certain profiles you can't look at without bursting your hole laughing. lol dub5, how many dick pics have you recieved?

I saw a POF profile last night where the girls main photo was her hoop in a lacy number and the first line was "my 5th profile POF keep deletin it cos ppl keep reportin me :mad: whoever keeps doin it ur dead!!!" :pac: Who said there's no such thing as bad press..

Maybe I am out of the loop, but was is a hoop?
    Or the one where she's about 5 miles away in the distance and all you can see is a little dot. There's certain profiles you can't look at without bursting your hole laughing. lol dub5, how many dick pics have you recieved?

One would probably get a dic pic once a week

Maybe I am out of the loop, but was is a hoop?

One's bum.

One's bum.

Thanks for clearing that up. Never heard of one's bum being called one's hoop

• Advertisement

One would probably get a dic pic once a week

None of them take your fancy no? Were you comparing sizes? You could have a dic pic competition. :pac:

Wouldnt entertain anyone that sends a dic pic.....there is just no need :rolleyes:

Thanks for clearing that up. Never heard of one's bum being called one's hoop

Sorry dub :o every now and then the army in me rears its ugly green head.. If I get a chance this week I might redo my okc.. Think I'll do a search on it first see if it's worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

So on that chemistry thing on POF, guess who is top of my list? My ex!

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Novella wrote: »
    So on that chemistry thing on POF, guess who is top of my list? My ex!

Ah I can beat you with that - my brother. :o:o:o

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Larianne wrote: »
    Ah I can beat you with that - my brother. :o:o:o

:pac:

Okay, you win! :pac:

Plenty Of Family?

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Plenty Of Family?

Pretty much. My cousin was on it too. :o

.. So I've logged back into POF. :o Mailing two nice guys.

• Advertisement

Larianne wrote: »
    .. So I've logged back into POF. :o Mailing two nice guys.

Are they mailing back? :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement